Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

For my Elvis fans from the Other Parts of TN that lurk on our board, will any of yall be in town for Elvis Week? If so, I would like to run into you, especially the ones that I've had a tiff or two with simply to put a face with the name. I plan on being out there selling something at some point. I'll make myself known with a sign or something. If there won't be any of you guys out there then maybe if your team makes it to the Quarter or Semifinals we can exchange greetings then. ITS HS FOOTBALL TIME!!!

Can't Wait Bart Scott

In reference to BHS statements on the Commercial Appeal's Preseason Dandy Dozen thread,  I'm in agreement that it is one game at a time. However, I'm not going to put the 'make it to Cookeville' mantra on one young man, that being the QB. That is a brand spanking new offense we've got there. O-line play, skill position play, as well as, QB play will have a profound effect on how this team does. Saying that the development of one player/position will determine how far we go when all of it is a new creation is overreaching in my opinion. Sure, his development is crucial ... but so is the development of the O-line and skill positions. All three have to hold up their end of the bargain, not just the QB. They ALL have to get better as the season goes along ... not just #15. The offense goes nowhere if the O-line doesn't jell and get their assignments down pat. It starts with them. It's a long season and the schedule is daunting. We are the favorites in every game we play. The defense isn't in the same boat as the offense ... but we are developing key positions on that side of the ball as well. The two most crucial being the ability of the D-line to stop the opposing teams run game and who is going to replace 'Rock'? We have grown accustomed to having Jabril on the back end cleaning things up since he was a freshman. He's gone and that is a very big and crucial position to fill. The FS is a critical part of our pass defense. Very critical.

I'm more curious on how the coaches deal with coming off the state championship year along with the new guys. The coaches have been here before. This is new to the players. What are we going to do to avoid repeating what happened in 2013, after we won the championship in 2012. We got put out in the quarterfinals in 2013. How do we handle prosperity. I think the coaching staff is fully aware and they have learned from the past. I think we handle prosperity differently this time.

I think it's much more then how #15 develops ... this is from HC down to the trainer. Everyone is involved and they all have a significant impact on how this season progresses.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM, kwc said:

In reference to BHS statements on the Commercial Appeal's Preseason Dandy Dozen thread,  I'm in agreement that it is one game at a time. However, I'm not going to put the 'make it to Cookeville' mantra on one young man, that being the QB. That is a brand spanking new offense we've got there. O-line play, skill position play, as well as, QB play will have a profound effect on how this team does. Saying that the development of one player/position will determine how far we go when all of it is a new creation is overreaching in my opinion. Sure, his development is crucial ... but so is the development of the O-line and skill positions. All three have to hold up their end of the bargain, not just the QB. They ALL have to get better as the season goes along ... not just #15. The offense goes nowhere if the O-line doesn't jell and get their assignments down pat. It starts with them. It's a long season and the schedule is daunting. We are the favorites in every game we play. The defense isn't in the same boat as the offense ... but we are developing key positions on that side of the ball as well. The two most crucial being the ability of the D-line to stop the opposing teams run game and who is going to replace 'Rock'? We have grown accustomed to having Jabril on the back end cleaning things up since he was a freshman. He's gone and that is a very big and crucial position to fill. The FS is a critical part of our pass defense. Very critical.

I'm more curious on how the coaches deal with coming off the state championship year along with the new guys. The coaches have been here before. This is new to the players. What are we going to do to avoid repeating what happened in 2013, after we won the championship in 2012. We got put out in the quarterfinals in 2013. How do we handle prosperity. I think the coaching staff is fully aware and they have learned from the past. I think we handle prosperity differently this time.

I think it's much more then how #15 develops ... this is from HC down to the trainer. Everyone is involved and they all have a significant impact on how this season progresses.

Defense won't be a problem....just gotta stay healthy. Yall will find out about the one we call Mad Dawg soon enough if you don't know!!!

4 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

Defense won't be a problem....just gotta stay healthy. Yall will find out about the one we call Mad Dawg soon enough if you don't know!!!

coach10ac:

I know the defense is already stout. I know about the linebackers. I've been told about Mad Dawg. However ... who is on the back end at the FS spot? Is it Paul?