Girls AP Poll

rebelboy121

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might want to remind everyone that the AP is a "Poll".   IE, they poll sportswriters for their opinions on how teams are ranked.  CoachT has a "Ranking."  Teams are ranked on a predetermined formula based on records and strength of schedule.  it is a difference with a distinction.

Edited by boyfromsi

I might want to remind everyone that the AP is a "Poll".   IE, they poll sportswriters for their opinions on how teams are ranked.  CoachT has a "Ranking."  Teams are ranked on a predetermined formula based on records and strength of schedule.  it is a difference with a distinction.

Good points - but I would like to see a valid weighted system for out of state teams. No way Riverdale's schedule is 101st in toughness. (ranked 4th on CoachT??- crazy)  I assume the system is not set up to recognize Riverdale's elite opponents from PA, MS, GA and AL. In reality, sometimes CoachT is close, other times USA today is more accurate.  :rolleyes:  The TN AP has the largest margin for error due to the local biases but is usually not too far off.