AAA state rankings for girls basketball

To each their own in the banners. I understand Riverdale doing it they are expecting to fill it up with more. Who knows maybe they rehang the others. Bradleys gym , Bradleys choice. They like to honor their past. Nothing wrong other that. You also see Baseball and wrestling banners there. Plus personal jerseys. I like that. I like history. I'm not a fan of the player movement that goes on in today's high school sports but seems to be the norm. Those banners represent a simpler time and more community wide pride that Bradley county used to be about. The place use to have more seats and I've seen it packed and them standing in the halls for district games. The crowds are smaller now and the community has grown. Some have put such an important necessity on winning and not the kids it hurts the purity of the game in my opinion. Still a great place to live. We had tornados here a few years ago. Several people lost their lives and hundreds of homes were destroyed and damaged. That first weekend the entire community and surrounding counties came out in force. Clearing debri , serving meals cutting down trees. Backhoes chainsaws. Etc. literally everywhere you went people where there working no body asked for payment. Churches opened their doors. Resturaunts provided food. Local chains donated water and other items. They didn't wait around on federal aide. When it did come it wasn't needed. I guess that's why the banners still hang. Some of those people on those teams still live here and make it a pretty good place to live. They don't just see the banners. They see the people who they represent.

Good post.  Community is most important. 

I thought she was also cause they mentioned her as a freshman last year at the state tourney but I was reading an article that mistaking said she was a junior. I knew there was a freshman but wasn't aware of the 7th grader. Is she going to be like the others ? Hope so. Fun to watch.

Oh yea!

Paul cretton is at walker valley now after a brief retirement. He has the best winning percentage at bradley but slso coached longer than jason reutrt currentlt has. The twin towers are basically the only 2 good players bradley had. When riverdale beat them it wasnt in playoffs. Only team to beat them in secrional was lawrenxe county in 12-13 45-44 in ot. The next year bradley beat blackman at bradley in sectional pretty handily with their current starters but one sophomores. That was their weakest team imo. The next year i cant remember who they playef in sectional that year but they failed to make state tournament i believe. Then of course last year they beat stewarts creek. The banners is a tradition. They just hung the wrestling one we earned last week up few days ago but yeah if they keep winning wrestling banners theyll have to take down some of the banners tjat arent state chsmpionship ones like the boys basketbsll ones saying the made state but didnt win. They need to only hanf chsmpionship banners and retired jerseys up. Put the rest in the gym lobby in glass. I graduated from 97 snd am proud ro be a bear.they are big on tradition and hopefully get the gold ball this year. Or st least get a banner for making title game

Certainly you are kidding. :rolleyes:   Neither of those two teams can play with Riverdale.  The last time Riverdale played Cumberland Co last year, they beat them by 20.  CC (currently ranked #10 in TN AAA...Riverdale beats Top 10 Nationally by 19) had McKenzie Isles, a 2,000 point scorer in her career leading that team.  They also had a couple of other Sr starters that played well.  They are not as good this year, I can assure you.  Also, you think Oak Ridge is gonna upset Riverdale and play BC in the state championship?  Last year, Riverdale beat Oak Ridge by 32 points in the State Championship after Oak Ridge beat Bradley Central 38-31.  Practically the whole Riverdale team is back.  I have had my good laugh for the day.   :roflol:  

I give Riverdale all the respect in the world but do not hate them or wish   them ill will. As an Oak Ridge fan, I do not fear them. Yes, I remember watching the Riverdale win  in the state title game. However, I do take you saying Oak Ridge provided you with your laugh of the day to be disrespectful. Oak Ridge is a tradition rich proud lady basketball team. To think other wise may just bite you in the rear. In fact, I am so sure Oak Ridge will win state that I will bet your car on it. IF OR wins, I get your car, if Riverdale wins you get to keep your car. Deal? 

I give Riverdale all the respect in the world but do not hate them or wish   them ill will. As an Oak Ridge fan, I do not fear them. Yes, I remember watching the Riverdale win  in the state title game. However, I do take you saying Oak Ridge provided you with your laugh of the day to be disrespectful. Oak Ridge is a tradition rich proud lady basketball team. To think other wise may just bite you in the rear. In fact, I am so sure Oak Ridge will win state that I will bet your car on it. IF OR wins, I get your car, if Riverdale wins you get to keep your car. Deal? 

What a mess of a post! I thought about editing it but couldn't figure where to start. I did like the part about the bet. Classic Willie lol.

LOL....What skin do you have in this?  First thing is Oak Ridge hasn't won a Championship in 20 years.  Players off that team now are 35-38.  Some might be grandmothers.  Oak Ridge comes out of a weak area for basketball.....which is east TN.  

LOL....What skin do you have in this?  First thing is Oak Ridge hasn't won a Championship in 20 years.  Players off that team now are 35-38.  Some might be grandmothers.  Oak Ridge comes out of a weak area for basketball.....which is east TN.  

NEVER sell ANY Oak Ridge team short.  They have a way of raising up and biting you in the tail when you take them for granted.  Ask Coach Rankin about that.

As of now the R'dale ladies have won a bunch, but they have not put the Gold Ball in the trophy case yet.

You know it really amazes me how Johnny come lately team fans can talk such trash just because they are pretty good recently.

Goes to show what I have always said.... the new rich kids on the block gotta flaunt because they dont' know how to act. True Old Blue bloods you seldom show such disrespect, because they know what it takes to build that long term program.

Well said alt1958. Us "poor bradley folks" csn play some hard nosed basketball snd we dont get cocky we just play the game. Needless to say. I believe here lately bradley has made more state tournaments or at least region finals than riverdale has. Im not talking trash but i di think bradley is better team. Theyve manhandled good tesms like dsniel boone and oak ridge. The Bradley squad plays with heart and determonation snd thats what it takes in high school to win titles. You earn them...