District Duals

Bump11

Looks like Beech has been eliminated from State Duals after a loss to Mount Juliet on the 7th tie breaker. That's a real good dual team sitting at home. Props to MJ winning that dual twice in just a few days. Not easy to do.

dang. That is pretty impressive. My guess would be Wilson and Northwest coming out of that region now. Mt. Juliet is peaking at the right time though.

This match makes you really think about forfeits...  If you have a forfeit, does that mean that you can't fill the team?  I've heard that forfeits may be changed to 8 points from 6...  Even if they were changed to 7 points with the tie breaker in a match starting with a forfeit,  I bet each and every coach would work harder to fill the team.  

A lot of confusion around the match between Beech and Mt. Juliet.  Mt. Juliet won and that's it.  

Let's get the forfeit rule changed and see how many additional wrestlers we can add to the sport.  

Edited by GodFamilyWrestling

7th tie breaker due to the forfeit at 106 by Mt Juliet not counting as a win... If a team forfeits a weight class it should at least be counted as a win. Beech wins the dual by total # of wins if the forfeit at 106 counts as a win. I've heard that forfeits may move to 8 points instead of 6 soon... Not soon enough

Not taking anything away from a good Mt. Juliet team, but the forfeit at 106 ultimately won the dual. The rule needs to change for sure... If a forfeit was 8 points, coaches would work harder to fill there teams for sure or allow more kids to get mat time at a different weight.

I don't believe that is correct information. According to Track, each team won 7 matches. The next criteria is 6 point victories (which includes forfeits). They both had the same amount of 6 point victories at 6. So it had to have gone further down the tie breaker list.... The assistant coach posted that it came down to most first points scored.

Which it comes down to most points scored and if you receive a forfeit then you cannot score a first point in that match.

At the coach's meeting last year there was some questions about changing the forfeits to more than 6 points. I feel that would help encourage the sport to grow and keep people from forfeiting to the top wrestlers.

Opinions?

Changing the forfeit rule will not grow our sport. "Coaches will work harder to fill their teams?" Trust me, coaches do all they can to fill their teams.

I couldn't agree more with Bray. Forfeits hurt us enough as it is and I'll be the first to tell you we work our tails off year in and out searching the halls, speaking with upcoming freshman, starting our AAU club, etc. Increasing the amount of points for one would only put teams like us at a larger disadvantage than we already are.

• Upvote 1