Class A Mr. Basketball Nominations

CoachT

I've seen as much ball as either of you have i can promise you that.  I've been to West Tn and watched games, I've watched games in California, Florida, Illinois etc.. so maybe its you two that need to get out of memphis?  

Why bring our personal lives into this lol? I'll give the nod on years because you are way older than I am judging from the pic. But I watch a good amount of ball myself. I've been everywhere you listed and seen talent including NY (the so called mecca of ball), I've been to Seattle on business with Boeing and had a chance to see Dejounte Murray of the San Antonio Spurs put on a show at Rainer Beach Highs cool, and many other places but it’s nothing to brag about its just basketball. I also seen a lot of talent in Arkansas and as of late I think that they are just as talented player for player than Memphis is, their kids are just spreaded out. I’m not here to talk about myself this is a ball forum, but if you think I’m just a homebody who can’t see ball outside of the hood that’s not the case man. But If you want to talk more personal things I could give you an email, if you don’t call me out for not having the PM and having a free account lol. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bring our personal lives into this lol? I'll give the nod on years because you are way older than I am judging from the pic. But I watch a good amount of ball myself. I've been everywhere you listed and seen talent including NY (the so called mecca of ball), I've been to Seattle on business with Boeing and had a chance to see Dejounte Murray of the San Antonio Spurs put on a show at Rainer Beach Highs cool, and many other places but it’s nothing to brag about its just basketball. I also seen a lot of talent in Arkansas and as of late I think that they are just as talented player for player than Memphis is, their kids are just spreaded out. I’m not here to talk about myself this is a ball forum, but if you think I’m just a homebody who can’t see ball outside of the hood that’s not the case man. But If you want to talk more personal things I could give you an email, if you don’t call me out for not having the PM and having a free account lol. 

Not at all i'm not calling you out young man.  I respect your opinion and i'm sure you know what you're talking about.  The statement was made about whether or not i've been outside of middle tn and i can assure you that i have.  That was all that was about.  We all know Memphis and West Tn has the best athletes when it comes to basketball, there is no question there.  Kids like Tyreke Key are common place over there but here in middle and east tn where its mostly small county schools in the middle of the hills, he is a generation type player.  He's so much better than everyone around him and that includes all the AA and AAA teams in this area.  No one compares to him talent wise.  Indiana State got a steal with this kid.  

Every post you make is laughable. So Corey Brewer who went to Portland High School in Portland Tn, 2 time national champion, has played in the NBA since 2007 and is a starter for the Houston Rockets doesn't count? How about Brandon Wright out of Brentwood Academy who plays for the Memphis Grizzlies?  You're a joke!    Give me a pool of 2 million and see if i can't find a team that will compete at the highest level!  As far as defense goes, all they do is out "athlete" you and for the most part they are very successful at it. Until you can add facts to the conversation refrain from commenting on my future posts.

Those guys you mentioned aren't from the same Middle TN, I really don't consider Nashville & Celina the Same. Nashville area is a completely different region for sports. As far as defense goes the better the athlete the better chance you have to defend.You don't win championships without playing defense, especially in 3A, Memphis has plenty of Championships to vouch for themselves. That should be factual enough for you

E

Not at all i'm not calling you out young man.  I respect your opinion and i'm sure you know what you're talking about.  The statement was made about whether or not i've been outside of middle tn and i can assure you that i have.  That was all that was about.  We all know Memphis and West Tn has the best athletes when it comes to basketball, there is no question there.  Kids like Tyreke Key are common place over there but here in middle and east tn where its mostly small county schools in the middle of the hills, he is a generation type player.  He's so much better than everyone around him and that includes all the AA and AAA teams in this area.  No one compares to him talent wise.  Indiana State got a steal with this kid.

East TN has far more talent than,lets face the truth,The Upper Cumberland Region, that's really where your talking about when you are referring to Celina TN. I can guarantee you that No Player from that region will Average 40 points per game vs Oak Ridge, Maryville, Karns, Science Hill, etc..etc. Against Hampton LOL of Course, But not against the Better Teams. And if you don't think Tee Higgins is a better athlete & player then you are Stoned

Woahh I never meant for this to turn into a West of Middle vs East. We are taking away from the meaning on the thread at this point. Tony I understand Key wouldn't put up these numbers in West TN anyone who thinks otherwise is completely biased. The overall team size alone would know off atleast 5 Ppg.

I was saying that averaging 40 ppg against anyone for an entire year thus far isn't easy. We don't take away from Wilt averaging insane numbers vs lesser talent. Would he have averaged that in today's age or the age of the big man. Probably not but he would have still been great which is how I feel about Key. Even in West TN he would be great and start for any team out West with the exception of maybe East since they are PG heavy.

Woahh I never meant for this to turn into a West of Middle vs East. We are taking away from the meaning on the thread at this point. Tony I understand Key wouldn't put up these numbers in West TN anyone who thinks otherwise is completely biased. The overall team size alone would know off atleast 5 Ppg.

I was saying that averaging 40 ppg against anyone for an entire year thus far isn't easy. We don't take away from Wilt averaging insane numbers vs lesser talent. Would he have averaged that in today's age or the age of the big man. Probably not but he would have still been great which is how I feel about Key. Even in West TN he would be great and start for any team out West with the exception of maybe East since they are PG heavy.

I agree. Good Common Sense Post.

You have said nothing wrong man. 

E

East TN has far more talent than,lets face the truth,The Upper Cumberland Region, that's really where your talking about when you are referring to Celina TN. I can guarantee you that No Player from that region will Average 40 points per game vs Oak Ridge, Maryville, Karns, Science Hill, etc..etc. Against Hampton LOL of Course, But not against the Better Teams. And if you don't think Tee Higgins is a better athlete & player then you are Stoned

Middle Tn is middle Tn sir and Portland played in the same Region as the teams from the Upper Cumberland when Brewer went there so again your post has no merit but that's not shocking to anyone that has read more than one of your posts...

Middle Tn is middle Tn sir and Portland played in the same Region as the teams from the Upper Cumberland when Brewer went there so again your post has no merit but that's not shocking to anyone that has read more than one of your posts...

Your the guy that actually compared Middle TN Basketball (Celina) to Memphis Basketball. You are also the Genius that said Middle TN Basketball(Celina) plays better Defense than Memphis. That my friend may very well be one of the Dumbest Remarks that I have seen on this forum. Educated or Dumb, Pick either. Memphis has the Gold Balls to Prove it. NUFF Said

Your the guy that actually compared Middle TN Basketball (Celina) to Memphis Basketball. You are also the Genius that said Middle TN Basketball(Celina) plays better Defense than Memphis. That my friend may very well be one of the Dumbest Remarks that I have seen on this forum. Educated or Dumb, Pick either. Memphis has the Gold Balls to Prove it. NUFF Said

Find a post where i compared Celina to Memphis.  You must be a democrat, because you've now taken the word "middle Tn" and changed it to Celina and you're stating that i compared one of the smallest towns in Tennessee to the largest metropolitan city in our state.  You voted for Hillary or Bernie one of the two.  I guess you're one of those guys where everyone should get a trophy too aren't you?  What a joke