Class A Mr. Basketball Nominations

CoachT

Correct. TN Bobcats is Not a Club. In today's Summer Hoops Landscape most of the Better Players hoop on the NIKE,ADDIDAS & UNDER ARMOUR Circuit. I do know that the Bobcats played in the ADIDAS Invitational in Indianapolis ( open event to non-shoe teams) and weren't competitive. But they are a solid local team

The Adidas events also have 3 different levels of tourneys. I know this bc i went to Chicago, Atlanta, Vegas, and LA over the summer following a team. They have a Gold, Silver and Bronze division. The Gold and Silver are not open to public and only let Club teams in. And the size and athleticism differences between the Gold and Silver divisions are crazy; you go from the tallest guy on the team being 6'4 with a few low major offers to playing a 4 star 6'9 forward with coaches on the sidelines watching that you never think you see in life. I was just making a point so the guy who said he torched kids all over the country should know there's a difference. 

Eybl on the other hand is closed and doesn't allow freelance teams to play.

Edited by TonyG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Adidas events also have 3 different levels of tourneys. I know this bc i went to Chicago, Atlanta, Vegas, and LA over the summer following a team. They have a Gold, Silver and Bronze division. The Gold and Silver are not open to public and only let Club teams in. And the size and athleticism differences between the Gold and Silver divisions are crazy; you go from the tallest guy on the team being 6'4 with a few low major offers to playing a 4 star 6'9 forward with coaches on the sidelines watching that you never think you see in life. I was just making a point so the guy who said he torched kids all over the country should know there's a difference. 

Eybl on the other hand is closed and doesn't allow freelance teams to play.

Most folks don't really know the Difference between Mom & Pop Teams & Top Club Teams

And the Gold & Silver Teams on ADIDAS Circuit can hoop with just about any of the Top Clubs. Not All but nearly all. I been on all 3 Shoe Circuits, the difference between the Shoe Circuit Teams & Teams like TN Bobcats is like comparing girls basketball to boys basketball, folks may not want to hear that but it the Truth

T. Key was a finalist last year and has to be a favorite this year. I enjoy all of the summer discussion, AAU vs. EYBL and the "shoes" leagues. Only problem is this type of talk changes the discussion from what these kids do during their high school seasons which is what most voters will recognize. Carry on though- interesting reading.

Most folks don't really know the Difference between Mom & Pop Teams & Top Club Teams

And the Gold & Silver Teams on ADIDAS Circuit can hoop with just about any of the Top Clubs. Not All but nearly all. I been on all 3 Shoe Circuits, the difference between the Shoe Circuit Teams & Teams like TN Bobcats is like comparing girls basketball to boys basketball, folks may not want to hear that but it the Truth

thankyou!

T. Key was a finalist last year and has to be a favorite this year. I enjoy all of the summer discussion, AAU vs. EYBL and the "shoes" leagues. Only problem is this type of talk changes the discussion from what these kids do during their high school seasons which is what most voters will recognize. Carry on though- interesting reading.

There isn't a discussion imo. The only person that could challenge him for this award is Conrad from Dubios imo. He's the only other stat stuffer that will have a chance at getting a ring in march. Post season matters idc what anyone says. Unless your stats are just so amazing that you ignore the winners. Key's stats are so good he will get it regardless, but im also sure CC will make it to the tourney due to the region. I've seen players win it with stats and without stats. I've seen lomax win it basic stats, ive seen Jordan Bone lose it two years in a row to players he avg 10 more ppg compared to. I'm saying this to state that post season matters. But the race isn't close bc Key will have the stats along with the region wins. 

There isn't a discussion imo. The only person that could challenge him for this award is Conrad from Dubios imo. He's the only other stat stuffer that will have a chance at getting a ring in march. Post season matters idc what anyone says. Unless your stats are just so amazing that you ignore the winners. Key's stats are so good he will get it regardless, but im also sure CC will make it to the tourney due to the region. I've seen players win it with stats and without stats. I've seen lomax win it basic stats, ive seen Jordan Bone lose it two years in a row to players he avg 10 more ppg compared to. I'm saying this to state that post season matters. But the race isn't close bc Key will have the stats along with the region wins.

I agree with most of what you have said. AAU unless you play for the top teams in the country isn't nothing more than keeping kids active in the sport during the summer months. Don't get me wrong Key isn't seeing top talent night in and night out but every game he gets double teamed or more.

I don't care what anyone says to average 40ppg while getting double teamed isn't as easy as hyperquick likes to hastily say all the time. Key is probably a top 3 player in any classification for the 2017 Class.

He can compete and play with Lomax and Darius Garland at the PG level because he is 6'4, more athletic, plays outstanding defense, and can finish at the rim as he can jump out of the gym. Is he a better overall player than those two at the PG position, no probably not because they handle the ball and shoot better overall but I guarantee he can play with them.

Edited by Shozen

I agree with most of what you have said. AAU unless you play for the top teams in the country isn't nothing more than keeping kids active in the sport during the summer months. Don't get me wrong Key isn't seeing top talent night in and night out but every game he gets double teamed or more.

I don't care what anyone says to average 40ppg while getting double teamed isn't as easy as hyperquick likes to hastily say all the time. Key is probably a top 3 player in any classification for the 2017 Class.

He can compete and play with Lomax and Darius Garland at the PG level because he is 6'4, more athletic, plays outstanding defense, and can finish at the rim as he can jump out of the gym. Is he a better overall player than those two at the PG position, no probably not because they handle the ball and shoot better overall but I guarantee he can play with them.

I wouldnt compare him to 5'11 6'0 PGs. Compare him to a 6'4 6'5 William Douglas or a 6'5 Carlos Marshall or a 6'4 Tristian Jarrett all who are in the 2017 class. If that's who you are comparing him then he isn't very athletic. 

I wouldnt compare him to 5'11 6'0 PGs. Compare him to a 6'4 6'5 William Douglas or a 6'5 Carlos Marshall or a 6'4 Tristian Jarrett all who are in the 2017 class. If that's who you are comparing him then he isn't very athletic.

William Douglas is the only one who is more athletic even though he is considered a small forward. Carlos Marshall (Small Forward) and Tristan Jarrett isn't that much better if any than Key certainly not anymore athletic.

Key also received an offer from UT Martin the same as Carlos.

Edited by Shozen

.......TN bobcats isn't even a big aau program. Everyone knows that the best players play for the teams with the shoe contracts so don't gauge the real talent off of a few lowly AAU teams. Key is at the top of A as the best player but i honestly don't think there's much that separate him from Parker Stewart besides the stats and Stewarts much better shooting ability. But then again Stewart can't get those stats bc he's in West TN where the talent isn't as scarce as it is in Region 4. There's no doubt that Key will win the award but hold your horses on deeming him as the best thing in A if you haven't seen everyone. 

I've yet to see a team from West Tn play any kind of defense so wrong logic to use here my friend.  If Key played over there he'd average more than he does now!   He'd have 10 dunks a game instead of 5, he'd have 45-50 a game every night.  When West Tn starts  playing defense come back and we'll talk about it.  You win because you have 2 million people in Memphis to pull from, the rest of the state is lucky to have that many combined!  

Edited by UCSportsFan