Region Winners

WrestlingGod

We got our tails handed to us last night. Our boys did not show up to wrestle as hard as the TN High kids did. I have no excuses for the way my kids wrestled. I'm not going to say "they didn't look like themselves", it had nothing to do with the refs and I'm not going to talk smack about the coaches. Our kids got outwrestled and I will accept defeat like a man as I told you we would and always do. I am glad my parents, fans and kids follow our lead and act with class after wins and losses and never make excuses for their shortcomings. It's great to be a part of a program like that even when we're on the losing end!

We got our tails handed to us last night. Our boys did not show up to wrestle as hard as the TN High kids did. I have no excuses for the way my kids wrestled. I'm not going to say "they didn't look like themselves", it had nothing to do with the refs and I'm not going to talk smack about the coaches. Our kids got outwrestled and I will accept defeat like a man as I told you we would and always do. I am glad my parents, fans and kids follow our lead and act with class after wins and losses and never make excuses for their shortcomings. It's great to be a part of a program like that even when we're on the losing end!

LOL. Ok then, good. I'm glad you've grown as a person. You're a very humble little man. Oh and by the way, nice jacket. Stylin!!!

1993Viking....

There's definitely something wrong with your existence if belittling others aids in the enhancement of your pathetic ego. - Author Unknown

KingGreene....

Great people talk about ideas. Small people talk about other people. -Tobias S. Gibson

Keep up the good work KingGreene. You are doing impressive work with the Science Hill program. Good luck at State!

LOL. Ok then, good. I'm glad you've grown as a person. You're a very humble little man. Oh and by the way, nice jacket. Stylin!!!

Thank you.

I'm sorry that the good people associated with the TN High program have to apologize for your antics on here. But I appreciate the many text and messages I have received apologizing for you and assuring me that your views do not reflect the views of their parents and program. I know they do not. The people that matter to me have spoken outside of a screen name and thanked me for the role that I have played in your program's current success.

And lastly, I really hope you were not a student of Brimer while at TN High. He was my coach at Greeneville and I know that he would be very disappointed in these comments if he saw them. It is a disgrace to him and your program to act this way.

Pin6, you're right in that 93 Vike may have taken it a lil too far by disrespecting KG's choice of clothing attire. That being said, the 'Toppers got to have their fun last week on the "T" and now it's our turn. And as far as you not having "a dog in the hunt", by the look of things last night, you MAY wanna stay out da woods bc the Vikes plan on huntin' everything but Bears and takin everyone a hostage that's not named a Blue Raider. Like Ol Booger says... Im jus sayin

Thank you.

I'm sorry that the good people associated with the TN High program have to apologize for your antics on here. But I appreciate the many text and messages I have received apologizing for you and assuring me that your views do not reflect the views of their parents and program. I know they do not. The people that matter to me have spoken outside of a screen name and thanked me for the role that I have played in your program's current success.

And lastly, I really hope you were not a student of Brimer while at TN High. He was my coach at Greeneville and I know that he would be very disappointed in these comments if he saw them. It is a disgrace to him and your program to act this way.

KG - Its ok. The thing is, you started tossing out the first slight remarks. 

Norse came on and complained about the officiating on the match in Bristol.  Others agreed it was bad.  Norse also complimented SH on "wrestling their butts off."  I replied with another statement that the officiating was bad but "didn't decide the outcome of a match."  I wasn't making any excuses for losing, I was pointing out a fact of officiating issues.  THEN you came on with your sarcastic comments here: "A couple TN High fans on here keep saying "not to make any excuses" but then are making excuses. I promise you there were zero posts on here with excuses the two times TN High beat us last season and won't be if we lose next time.... I was going to let all this go until you mentioned the 152 match. That is a heck of a stretch to say "if he pulls that one out". It was evident (even to the ref) that the job of TN High's 152 was to keep it close and not give up bonus. SH chased him all over the mat in a strong attempt to get the major for 5 minutes. Can't blame him for being a little tired on bottom when TN High finally was able to get on top for the last minute. But he was never close to turning SH so I'm sure the TN High coaches are just glad he didn't get majored." 

Again, neither of us was slighting your team at all but you felt compelled to call out the THS fans for making excuses then you opened up the door by demeaning one of our wrestlers saying its a heck of a stretch for our kid to beat one of yours.  As ArtisCimber says, this is why we wrestle the matches.

Finally, you make the following comments today: "I am glad my parents, fans and kids follow our lead and act with class after wins and losses and never make excuses for their shortcomings."  Implying that the THS parents, fans, and kids are not acting with class and were making excuses. 

I did in fact wrestle with Coach Brimer and you are probably correct that he would be disappointed--in both you and me. No one has to apologize for me.   I will also say that I don't ever recall Coach Brimer going on to social media/message boards to start an argument with fans and parents.  In fact, I rarely see any coaches on here in the middle of message board conflict.  In fact I've watched from afar from the last 2 years before making any comments to you.  You are highly opinionated and often times make very sarcastic demeaning comments that are unnecessary.  If that's your play then so be it but then you need to be able to take it both ways, don't try to pretend you are on the high road so your fans can publically rescue you. 

I'm going to put this to bed now because the argument has just turned silly, on both sides.  The focus should be on our wrestlers. 

aren't you glad we only had five Wrestlers??!!

actually it probably would not have mattered if you had 20......lot easier for a program to focus and set their ceiling low enuff on just trying to be competitive in just 4 or 5 weight classes than it is to be a threat as complete team.......that bein said, Booger wood honestly like to see BB find a few enuff guys on that campus that were willin to put in the mat work it takes to wrestle as a complete team and grow the sport over there at BB enuff that one day they might envision the possibility of trip to middle TN for a State Dual Tournament.......it takes a different gut to live on the mat than it does the gridiron BoydBucFan....yall may want to focus energy to one or two next year as yall step into the world of D2 competition

is that the response u were lookin for when u fired off at the hip

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

actually it probably would not have mattered if you had 20......lot easier for a program to focus and set their ceiling low enuff on just trying to be competitive in just 4 or 5 weight classes than it is to be a threat as complete team.......that bein said, Booger wood honestly like to see BB find a few enuff guys on that campus that were willin to put in the mat work it takes to wrestle as a complete team and grow the sport over there at BB enuff that one day they might envision the possibility of trip to middle TN for a State Dual Tournament.......it takes a different gut to live on the mat than it does the gridiron BoydBucFan....yall may want to focus energy to one or two next year as yall step into the world of D2 competition

is that the response u were lookin for when u fired off at the hip

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Congrats for making the duals. Hope you guys have safety and success. We are, and have been, trying to build our wrestling program. I'm sure that you can understand how much time that can take due to the type of dedication and gut that it takes. Coupled with our small enrollment numbers and lack of a decent facility only exaggerates the difficulties of filling a complete team. I disagree with you in that (1) if we had 20 wrestlers it probably would not have made a difference and (2) that we may just be complacent in trying to make 4-5 successful instead of a full team.

If we had 20 wrestlers the outcome would have been different. We may not have won, but it would have been closer.

We are proud of the seven that we have now. Only five wrestle due to injury, and they all have had some success. We feel like this team is the foundation of the full team that we want to have in the future.

Enjoy your success now...the Buccaneers are coming.

Matter of time before Shane makes Boyd a really good team, will hurt moving into D2 but he can build a program for sure! You can look on track and see he has already built a good starting point with his kids club as there have some really good numbers already! So I wish him luck building up tha program and what heights he can take them to.