Best junior catchers

SHORT10

Chris Rezabek from Bolton HS has good physical size (6'3" 195 lbs) with a strong accurate arm and solid defensive skills. Recorded Pop Times from 1.93-1.98 and Caught Stealing ratio of >75%. Good stick with .375 avg, 5 HR and 40+ RBI. Was one of only four sophs selected to 2002 TBCA Worth Showcase Region 7/8 Team. Played 2002 Fall baseball with premiere Dulin's Dodgers Varsity Elite All-Star Travel Team, batting .458 (11 for 24) with 11 RBI and 8 BB in nine Fall games. Will play with Dulin's Dodgers next two summer seasons. Also a good student with 3.2 GPA.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldgold

Pickett was very impressive as a sophomore. Didn't swing it that well but then again he did take a hack and he was young. Very good arm and pretty solid behind the plate.

But all around, it will be hard to beat Watson from Riverdale. In most games, at the plate, he is a man playing with boys. Solid on defense but his arm is not as good as Pickett from White House. Can't go wrong with either one of these juniors at the AAA level.

Payday, Pickett might not be the pitcher that Bratton is but he sure as heck is a better hitter. What was Bratton's average last season? How many HR's and RBI's did he have? Pickett had 10 HR's and had over 25 RBI's I know. I'll give Bratton the nod for better pitcher, he was impressive at that, but I would take Pick over him any day when it comes to swinging the stick. Oldgold, I'm not dissing you or anything but how can you say Pick didnt swing the bat to well when he had 10 HR's and over 25 RBI's and had the highest average on the team for an everyday player. I just dont get how you can say that.

Guest oldgold

Are we talking about the same Pickett? Junior catcher at White House, He had 10 HRs and 25 RBIs? Didn't he have an brother that played last year at 3B, SS and Pitched some. The one I am thinking about, I only saw him as a catcher. And a good one but the times I saw him, he didn't swing it that well. He did take a hack! :confused:

I am talking about Justin Pickett. Not Jared Pickett. Jared is his brother and he caught last year up until he hurt his knee in our first district game against MJ. Justin hit all year long. Jared had a rough year so thats who you are prolly thinking about. He graduated last year so he's gone. Justin was our best hitter last year though.