Oak Ridge vs Knox Catholic ?

Bravey

Well, but aren't they a private though? I guess tuition schools have that luxury. But, yeah, not the norm. I've come to find out that tall doesn't necessarily translate to being a good BB player, but it surely helps. With Green's style you have to be able to move well and play great D, and a lot of bigger kids have trouble with his style doing that. The ones we have had luckily have been very athletic as well.

OBA_DEFAULT.png

From what I was told one of Knoxville Christians big men is rated in the top 5 nationally and they are both underclassmen, one is a freshman, the other a sophomore. Both bigs are long and athletic but raw and learning the game. Don't know how they both ended up at Knoxville Christian. I think they are both from Africa and KCS has some other foreign players too. They also have former Catholic/Bearden/Oak Ridge player Tim Thomas whose playing well for them. They have very bright futures.  You can go to KCHS Basketball on twitter and see pictures of the two young men. Keep in mind Brock Jancek for Catholic is 6'7 and both boys tower him lol.

Edited by QSouth89

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I was told one of Knoxville Christians big men is rated in the top 5 nationally and they are both underclassmen, one is a freshman, the other a sophomore. Both bigs are long and athletic but raw and learning the game. Don't know how they both ended up at Knoxville Christian. I think they are both from Africa and KCS has some other foreign players too. They also have former Catholic/Bearden/Oak Ridge player Tim Thomas whose playing well for them. They have very bright futures.  You can go to KCHS Basketball on twitter and see pictures of the two young men. Keep in mind Brock Jancek for Catholic is 6'7 and both boys tower him lol.

I've been wondering what happened to Tim Thomas. I grew up with his daddy, who is from OR, and who also shares the same name.

Edited by SweetScience

Pretty simple. Bobby Maze and his Bobby Maze Elite AAU program. He has used his NBA/AAU connections to bring these kids to the USA. I was told the reason that the school isn't eligible for TSSAA participation is a guardianship issue for several of these players. They are LONG but very raw!