AAA State Duals Predictions!

Bump11

First, a individual tournament win for state tourney is not a real indicator of a teams strength, duals are for that very reason, not even sure except for crap and giggles why they even keep team scores at the individual state tourney, that is for the kids not the team. A Team can have 5 studs on a team win state titles and win the state individual tourney while the other 9 kids cant win even a match doesn't make a tough team. That's why i have never paid any attention to a team race at the individuals, it's called individual tourney for that very reason. When i wrestled coach would throw those plaques in a back room never to see the light of day again, i remember him when they asked us to pose for the second place trophy at individuals my senior year that he up and walked away, same with one that won first, means a whole lot less to i would say most coaches to win the individual but finish 2, 3 or even 4th at the duals, because you are head to head wrestling not wrestling based upon a seed. 

Now Tn High and even Science hill don't usually come down to the region 4 area they usually stay up in their area along with VA which is a very tough wrestling state. So i don't know all that much about them, but I am very glad that the teams from the other regions are catching up as wrestling is my true love in sports and having a very tough wrestling state top to bottom is something i have loved to see come true and that includes Arlington from Reg 8 and we all know Wilson Central with some awesome coaching has hit it big and having good staying power as a top rated program. Right now its a good time to be a fan of Tn wrestling! good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend and for the next 3 weekends!

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen yet. Teams/kids/coaches don't care about winning individual state? Ha!! You're nuts! Ask Bradley how they feel about that.

As for Region 1 teams traveling. Science Hill was at Cleveland duals. Tennessee went to Beech. Both teams travel well to see good competition.

You might think that, but i promise you if you gave the coaches a choice they would take the duals championships WAY over the individual team title! Sorry but I have put on here before that individual tournaments mean little in way of a teams strength, sorry its the truth and i have been in wrestling long enough to know the difference. I have seen a team win state dual tourney and finish 3rd in individual, first because they only had 9 wrestlers make the state tourney because their region was really tough, so they had less kids with any chance of scoring a single point(it was even much worse when it was follow you man instead of everyone gets a second chance)! I have seen a VERY tough region have 3 placers return, guess what that means, whoever finishes first gets seeded while everyone else gets blind drawn, so that again effects points that might be able to get scored by a team. But again I have seen it, some coaches enjoy those wins or places in individual state tourney, but i promise there are quite a few who care less about the team aspect and MUCH more about their individual kids getting onto that podium! so you can think it's ridiculous but I have been around wrestling a long time, and especially around winning programs that I have seen it, it's where the banner hangs and the plaques get stowed away!

You might think that, but i promise you if you gave the coaches a choice they would take the duals championships WAY over the individual team title! Sorry but I have put on here before that individual tournaments mean little in way of a teams strength, sorry its the truth and i have been in wrestling long enough to know the difference. I have seen a team win state dual tourney and finish 3rd in individual, first because they only had 9 wrestlers make the state tourney because their region was really tough, so they had less kids with any chance of scoring a single point(it was even much worse when it was follow you man instead of everyone gets a second chance)! I have seen a VERY tough region have 3 placers return, guess what that means, whoever finishes first gets seeded while everyone else gets blind drawn, so that again effects points that might be able to get scored by a team. But again I have seen it, some coaches enjoy those wins or places in individual state tourney, but i promise there are quite a few who care less about the team aspect and MUCH more about their individual kids getting onto that podium! so you can think it's ridiculous but I have been around wrestling a long time, and especially around winning programs that I have seen it, it's where the banner hangs and the plaques get stowed away!

I think any coach would love a first or second place plaque. A state championship is a state championship, no matter what.

First place maybe, but second at individuals especially for programs that do it year in year out doesn't mean near as much. Bradley loves it because they add the state individual team title to the 20 something others they have which is the state record for wrestling and and it might be for any sport in TN. Not sure that Cleveland with Mr. Miller, Steve Henry or even Steve L from Bradley back in the day cared so much finishing second at the state individual tourney. Like i said my senior year was a 3rd and 2nd place finishes and I have seen neither plaque since the day they were handed out. The very pinnacle of this sport for a team is that state duals title after that everything else is prep for individuals to stand on the podium, don't really care if you agree with me, it worked the same way when i was in GA helping coach, individual tourney was just that for individual, we didnt care if we won a team title because half the time we took 5-6 wrestlers total in 14 WC, instead we wanted those 5-6 to be up on the podium.

First place maybe, but second at individuals especially for programs that do it year in year out doesn't mean near as much. Bradley loves it because they add the state individual team title to the 20 something others they have which is the state record for wrestling and and it might be for any sport in TN. Not sure that Cleveland with Mr. Miller, Steve Henry or even Steve L from Bradley back in the day cared so much finishing second at the state individual tourney. Like i said my senior year was a 3rd and 2nd place finishes and I have seen neither plaque since the day they were handed out. The very pinnacle of this sport for a team is that state duals title after that everything else is prep for individuals to stand on the podium, don't really care if you agree with me, it worked the same way when i was in GA helping coach, individual tourney was just that for individual, we didnt care if we won a team title because half the time we took 5-6 wrestlers total in 14 WC, instead we wanted those 5-6 to be up on the podium.

Those who say it don't matter are the ones who have no chance of winning. To the top 10 teams, especially top 5 if you can't be the champion, I'm certain you want to be 2nd. To say otherwise is just trying to convince someone that you are satisfied with mediocrity. Yes it's about individuals but those individuals contribute to overall team effort and pride. It's at the top of the goal list for anyone with a real chance.

I'm banking Tennessee High continues to be over achievers

im as big a Tennessee fan as anyone on here..except probably viking but even i, and im.sure viking as well, will say that beating cleveland AND bradley, in the same day...thats a bit of a reach. Although as a TN fan i love the confidence! And i will most certainly be hoping they can pull it off!