Girls Basketball "Glass House" predicitons....

I will go with Westview as the best team in West TN to have a shot in Murfreesboro. South Side is good and could win it all, but I think they struggle in their half court offense at times where Westview don't. Westview has the big girls and the guards to get it done.

I agree. Since Westview has gotten Tasia Jones back, they have been a better team. She isn't 100% yet but she makes her teammates better when she is on the court. She can pull the defense which opens up the shooters and takes the pressure off of them. Her court vision is also unreal. I don't see Westview having a problem getting back to the glass house.

I will go with Westview as the best team in West TN to have a shot in Murfreesboro. South Side is good and could win it all, but I think they struggle in their half court offense at times where Westview don't. Westview has the big girls and the guards to get it done.

Besides an unhealthy Tasia Jones, WV guards dont compare to SS. I saw WV play TCA and they looked shaky against TCA's defense. SS has the best defense in the area IMO. They do struggle in half court game, but they score a ton off turnovers. It's going to be interesting. 

Who are Jackson South Side's quality wins against? Dyersburg, Haywood, Lexington and Rhea County? It's difficult to tell if South Side's a big threat statewide, because their schedule doesn't look very impressive.

14 AA is the toughest AA district in West Tn. Haywood has a cake walk if they can beat Covington, WV has a cake walk now that Dyersburg's PG is hurt, AA basketball in Memphis is awful besides Craigmont. 

I agree on all the points RealisticFan45 said. If SS can get to the region championship, they will get to state. They are better than Haywood and Covington. And I've seen Trevezant, Craigmont, and Raleigh-Egypt up close. All 3 would be fighting for 4th place in 13, 14, and 15. One dominant scorer for those 3: Sade Hudson for Trevezant, Akira James for Craigmont and #15 for Raleigh-Egypt. Key on them and you win by 20 plus.

Besides an unhealthy Tasia Jones, WV guards dont compare to SS. I saw WV play TCA and they looked shaky against TCA's defense. SS has the best defense in the area IMO. They do struggle in half court game, but they score a ton off turnovers. It's going to be interesting. 

14 AA is the toughest AA district in West Tn. Haywood has a cake walk if they can beat Covington, WV has a cake walk now that Dyersburg's PG is hurt, AA basketball in Memphis is awful besides Craigmont. 

The TCA game was before Tasia was back. With her in the game, the other guards relax because they rely on her to handle the ball and they just spot up and make the shot. It's a different team chemistry with her in the game. I don't see Southside stopping her along with the two tall posts but I may be wrong

I don't know what to make of Westview...it seems a lot like last year's team. With the Dyersburg girl going down, it's made an easier path for Westview for sure. I believe they will hope to match up with South Side in the Championship game. If they meet in a semi, I don't know if Westview can beat them. I've seen them four times this year and I believe South Side's speed and aggressiveness will off set their point guard and tire out their big girl. What I've noticed from both teams is South Side likes pressure and up and down the court ball, but Westview does not seem to like pressure or in pressure games it seems they kind of lose it. We were in the game until the 4th quarter against them and was about to take the lead and I feel we would have gotten them later on in the season if we met up again. That late 3 buried us and changed the game, but we were fighting and they kind of quit before then. The Single A Region tournament should be a lot more exciting in our area to watch or for the casual basketball fan, but I'd say South Side and Westview will both reach substate....pending no upsets where they have to face each other sooner. 

The TCA game was before Tasia was back. With her in the game, the other guards relax because they rely on her to handle the ball and they just spot up and make the shot. It's a different team chemistry with her in the game. I don't see Southside stopping her along with the two tall posts but I may be wrong

I agree that WV is and will be tough. Do you think Jones at less than 100% can handle the SS defense? I know shes good, a gamer, just wondering your opinion.

I agree that WV is and will be tough. Do you think Jones at less than 100% can handle the SS defense? I know shes good, a gamer, just wondering your opinion.

What will Southside do if they can't create turnovers on Westview if they was to meet? Will Southside be able to beat either Chester(Paige Pipken) or Bolivar(hailey Hardaway) in a District Semi or Championship game, sometimes I don't really know what to expect from them Tournament time, but to me they are the clear favorite to represent from West Tn.

What will Southside do if they can't create turnovers on Westview if they was to meet? Will Southside be able to beat either Chester(Paige Pipken) or Bolivar(hailey Hardaway) in a District Semi or Championship game, sometimes I don't really know what to expect from them Tournament time, but to me they are the clear favorite to represent from West Tn.

That's a good question and good point. The tournament can't get here fast enough. Who is the #2 in 13AA?