Loudon Football

2goldenrings

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be, but as mentioned before if rumor is correct, they have another interview today. If that is true, it would be hard to announce it like most schools normally do, with the new head coach coming in to talk with the players, unless the interview today is who they plan to go with. In that case it would not be Harig.

While we all banter this back and forth, it is the kids that suffer from the indecision. Hope they make a decision soon.

They sure do. Which is why this is such an issue. Why it took nearly 2 months to start interviews is beyond me. Thats 2 months of building relationships and establishing the culture and expectations rather it is Harig or not. I've not heard anyone speak of whats actually occurring with the players this offseason while they wait. I just hope they aren't too distracted by the hiring process. Hopefully this week will be end it and the players can get ready for what the new coach has for them.

While we all banter this back and forth, it is the kids that suffer from the indecision. Hope they make a decision soon.

They sure do. Which is why this is such an issue. Why it took nearly 2 months to start interviews is beyond me. Thats 2 months of building relationships and establishing the culture and expectations rather it is Harig or not. I've not heard anyone speak of whats actually occurring with the players this offseason while they wait. I just hope they aren't too distracted by the hiring process. Hopefully this week will be end it and the players can get ready for what the new coach has for them.

No announcement today! Cherri Parriish and Ronnie Roberts both need to look at the job they

have done on this situation, and give a very deep apology not only to the students of LHS! But alumni and fans! This is an embarrassment to the Redskin Nation!! As far as what the players have been doing for workouts, less than 20 participants because they have no coach! Hire Jeff Harig today and put some class and pride back in Loudon Football! And you two leave it alone!! Enough damage done! And yes I am an Alumni, Former Player, Former Parent and Lifetime Fan!  FIX IT NOW!

No announcement today! Cherri Parriish and Ronnie Roberts both need to look at the job they

have done on this situation, and give a very deep apology not only to the students of LHS! But alumni and fans! This is an embarrassment to the Redskin Nation!! As far as what the players have been doing for workouts, less than 20 participants because they have no coach! Hire Jeff Harig today and put some class and pride back in Loudon Football! And you two leave it alone!! Enough damage done! And yes I am an Alumni, Former Player, Former Parent and Lifetime Fan! FIX IT NOW!

Just a question.Didn't Harig jump ship when He knew the cupboard was bare??Also didn't show much at West also with a ton of talent.Pride and class??I'm not sure about the pride part,you all may be better off with a new face that actually can coach the last hire was a joke from the beginning.I personally wouldn't want Harig back after taking off for what he thought was greener pastures.Just my thoughts on the whole deal.

Just a question.Didn't Harig jump ship when He knew the cupboard was bare??Also didn't show much at West also with a ton of talent.Pride and class??I'm not sure about the pride part,you all may be better off with a new face that actually can coach the last hire was a joke from the beginning.I personally wouldn't want Harig back after taking off for what he thought was greener pastures.Just my thoughts on the whole deal.

Harig left for what he thought was a better job and what he thought would be a good move for his family. I think most all of us have had more than one job in our life.  And a lot of people realize the grass isn't greener on the other side. As far as the cupboard being bare, he has had teams with far less talent and still had winning seasons! You are correct about the last two years being a joke though!!

The cupboard being bare was just an excuse. From everyone I have talked to, the line from 2 years ago was fairly experienced and strong and had alright talent at the skill positions. They let a 2-8 Mcminn Central score 66 on them. Being realistic, the problem has mostly been with coaching and preparation. The recent coach didn't have the resume that should have qualified him for that position. Why he got it, I am unsure. Maybe they rushed getting a new coach in, maybe he had connections, or maybe he just said the right things in an interview, or maybe the administration really didn't care that much and put someone in the position that would take a certain amount of money and fill a teaching spot. Either way it seems that since the last coach left, the kids and the football program has not been a priority. Both hiring processes have proven that in my opinion. But I also have no connection with anyone that might have information. I go by runors here, word of mouth, and results.

2 years ago the strength of the team was the line....however there was nobody that could go 80 yards at any given time. No speed.  Plus they were learning a new system. 

This year's team, had a little more athleticism...the freshman kid and the transfer qb....but again not much.

I think the stall in the hiring has to be a political battle of some kind.....they can't all agree on bringing Harig back and maybe trying to find someone new

The cupboard being bare was just an excuse. From everyone I have talked to, the line from 2 years ago was fairly experienced and strong and had alright talent at the skill positions. They let a 2-8 Mcminn Central score 66 on them. Being realistic, the problem has mostly been with coaching and preparation. The recent coach didn't have the resume that should have qualified him for that position. Why he got it, I am unsure. Maybe they rushed getting a new coach in, maybe he had connections, or maybe he just said the right things in an interview, or maybe the administration really didn't care that much and put someone in the position that would take a certain amount of money and fill a teaching spot. Either way it seems that since the last coach left, the kids and the football program has not been a priority. Both hiring processes have proven that in my opinion. But I also have no connection with anyone that might have information. I go by runors here, word of mouth, and results.

Most definitely an administration issue!! I have seen some really good coaches leave Loudon

due to that reason. I want go into specifics but the facts are pretty clear. This is an issue that the front office and school board need to address or there will never be any success in Loudon Athletics again! I'm talking all sports! Add up the experience years of the head coaches at Loudon! Football - was 4, 2 Midway and 2 Loudon, Basketball - 1 this year, Baseball - 0, Softball - 0. It's really sad for the kids who love sports and their school!

2 years ago the strength of the team was the line....however there was nobody that could go 80 yards at any given time. No speed.  Plus they were learning a new system. 

This year's team, had a little more athleticism...the freshman kid and the transfer qb....but again not much.

I think the stall in the hiring has to be a political battle of some kind.....they can't all agree on bringing Harig back and maybe trying to find someone new

It's a shame we are 3 weeks from spring practice and even having this discussion. Just get it done NOW! Drop you ego's and make a hire. If Harig wants the job give it to him. I think he definitely proved he can do it 16+ years of experience! As a REDSKIN!!!

Most definitely an administration issue!! I have seen some really good coaches leave Loudon

due to that reason. I want go into specifics but the facts are pretty clear. This is an issue that the front office and school board need to address or there will never be any success in Loudon Athletics again! I'm talking all sports! Add up the experience years of the head coaches at Loudon! Football - was 4, 2 Midway and 2 Loudon, Basketball - 1 this year, Baseball - 0, Softball - 0. It's really sad for the kids who love sports and their school!

Must not be a school board issue.....They got things running in Greenback......Any connection with the rise in Greenback football and the demise of Loudon football?

Must not be a school board issue.....They got things running in Greenback......Any connection with the rise in Greenback football and the demise of Loudon football?

No. Could be in the future though. I will say this the politics in the city of Loudon and also Lenoir City are terrible that's why I lot of people are jumping ship and leaving out that is a fact! Edited by orngnblk