Father Ryan wins title #25

D2Wrestling

Congrats to the Purple Irish, a team virtually no one on this board appeared to believe in...at some point, the word "dynasty" has to be applied, and after repeating as both Duals and Traditional champions for the second year in a row, the time may be now.

Very good program. Very glad that Braldey and FR has became such good allies and practice partners. 2 of the very best in tennessee. Bradley just won their 26th state title. Hope bradley and FR contjnue their bond and dynasty.

Very good program. Very glad that Braldey and FR has became such good allies and practice partners. 2 of the very best in tennessee. Bradley just won their 26th state title. Hope bradley and FR contjnue their bond and dynasty.

100% agree. I'm an FRA guy by diploma but obviously have deep respect for the Ryan program, and have been fortunate enough to watch them multiple times throughout the years; I haven't missed a state final in years. So I was fortunate enough to watch an incredible scene a few weeks ago: Bradley and Father Ryan celebrating their dual titles together! Apparently they practice with each in the week leading up to the tournament? Too neat...can you imagine Alabama and Clemson working with each other leading up to the playoff?! Such an incredible scene with those boys so happy

• Upvote 1

100% agree. I'm an FRA guy by diploma but obviously have deep respect for the Ryan program, and have been fortunate enough to watch them multiple times throughout the years; I haven't missed a state final in years. So I was fortunate enough to watch an incredible scene a few weeks ago: Bradley and Father Ryan celebrating their dual titles together! Apparently they practice with each in the week leading up to the tournament? Too neat...can you imagine Alabama and Clemson working with each other leading up to the playoff?! Such an incredible scene with those boys so happy

LOL as I don't like Bama or Clemson, it would be great to see them practice. I'm pretty sure that a few Bradley and FR kids are very good friends and well, just both teams bond together. That's what it takes to be an elite team.

What I hear is that Knox and King are very close and they do wrestle together a lot with each other. Wouldn't mind seeing that one up close! Looking forward to seeing these 2 work together next year. Congrats on your Ryan team and hope you all get many more!

Edited by DaChampsAgain

LOL not "my" Ryan team, just a friend from down Franklin Road...but watching those two programs come together a few weeks ago was just one of the neatest things I've seen in sports: just such genuine and pure enthusiasm from kids from two dominant programs. Can't imagine the energy in that room when those two teams are scrapping together, I'd pay admission to watch that practice! Congratulations to both the Bears and Irish, what a finale both programs put on in these last few weeks!

LOL not "my" Ryan team, just a friend from down Franklin Road...but watching those two programs come together a few weeks ago was just one of the neatest things I've seen in sports: just such genuine and pure enthusiasm from kids from two dominant programs. Can't imagine the energy in that room when those two teams are scrapping together, I'd pay admission to watch that practice! Congratulations to both the Bears and Irish, what a finale both programs put on in these last few weeks!

Yes sir! Looking forward to next year! Once again, congrats on your Ryan team and hope y'all keep up the good work! I liked watching them come together. Just wish they was videos of it to keep!

Congratulations to both Bradley and Father Ryan!  I would be careful to place the word dynasty on any Tennessee team at the present time.  The whole key to the Father Ryan program is the programs CEO Pat Simpson.  He truly has ZERO ego and allows his assistant coaches the opportunity to do their job with little if any interference.  With Pat it's all about the kids getting better and winning.  While Pat Simpson won National Coach of The Year for his work last season he clearly demonstrated this year why he is the very best coach in the country.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to both Bradley and Father Ryan!  I would be careful to place the word dynasty on any Tennessee team at the present time.  The whole key to the Father Ryan program is the programs CEO Pat Simpson.  He truly has ZERO ego and allows his assistant coaches the opportunity to do their job with little if any interference.  With Pat it's all about the kids getting better and winning.  While Pat Simpson won National Coach of The Year for his work last season he clearly demonstrated this year why he is the very best coach in the country.

Congrats to both teams as well.  Bradley was stacked this year, and Ben Jones has done an amazing job. I agree with cbg on the dynasty thing.  A dynasty is when a team rules over everyone for an extended period of time.  I looked up the state duals for the last 10 years.  I don't see a real dynasty here, but actually more parity than some might realize.  One thing you can give Coach Pat Simpson credit for is always having a good team.  They have been in the finals 9 of the last 10 years and come away with 3 titles. That consistency is amazing. Among many other great coaching traits, that alone makes Pat Simpson the best coach in TN, but I think it might be a stretch to call him the best coach in the country.  For example: Is he really better than Jeff Jordan up at St. Paris Graham?  I guess I really don't know.  

2008 Baylor over FR

2009 Baylor over FR

2010 FR over CBHS

2011 Baylor over CBHS

2012 CBHS over FR

2013 CBHS over FR

2014 Baylor over FR

2015 Baylor over FR

2016 FR over Baylor

2017 FR over McCallie 

I looked up the state duals for the last 10 years.  I don't see a real dynasty here, but actually more parity than some might realize. 

Traditional titles in that same time span:

So in the last ten years, Ryan:

• made nine Duals finals
  • won three Duals titles
  • won seven traditional championships.

Seems fairly dynastic to me, but that's just semantics.

True grasshopper soms, the Blue Raiders & Blue Tornados will be very strong top to bottom with maybe three grads, and should take duals IMO. Baylor will likely be close, ESPECIALLY Individually, but for 2018,,,, not sure that will matter in the end.

Love the united wrestling family the Purple Irish and Bear Nation have become... Huge Kudos to Pat and company please Ben Smith and his team, Cordell and Blackman+

Not to highjack this Great Thread on Simpson's team who everyone should totally love, but we Saw you soms on tv last night near the Boykins, Kennedys, fowlers, Solomans, Wards, Smartts, Sells and a bunch of Hixon folks behind you like Jona Shackford and J Bird and fam, that Red Bank kid who pulled that one out at the last sec... Good for him!

Back to topic, I must say that for me personally and so many others outside of Father Ryan we are so grateful for the off season training we got from the Simpsons, coach Connell and also the Bradley folks who always open their mats for the kids. Love these bonds, yeah, like family

Hats off to the Ryan Tradition and Success