Returning placers for Science Hill, Cleveland and TN High for next year

106-seeley-SH 5th TN-Nelson-RU
113- Clev Bowers-3rd  TN-pendley-4th
120-Clev-Pond-3rd,  SH-Wysong-5th
138- Clev-mathews-4th   TN-pendley-2nd
152-SH- Arthur James-4th
160-SH-Diehl-3rd
285-clev- Swafford-3rd

Whiteside for cleveland should fit in around 145-160 next season as an 11th grader.

Beech returns:
 106-SC Horst
113-Palmer-RU
152-Rippy-3rd

Beech is also returning Kyle Smith who got hurt and couldn't finish at 170 and Trey Bates moving up from the ms next year who will make an immediate impact.

Again, not sure why people that think they know anything about Wrestling at all think that individual tournaments show who the strongest teams are? Seriously team strength is shown in duals where it is HEAD TO HEAD and the depth of a team can be shown. IF you don't have enough to make a full team sorry for you but not the other teams problem. So not sure why people keeping harping on something like individuals to see who the best teams are! Again there are a TON of things that can effect how much a team scores in an individual tournament. I mean seriously would people think TN high wasnt a top team if they came in this weekend and 3-4 of their studs had the flu and couldnt wrestle or even wrestle at 100% so they cant replace anyone in the lineup and so they almost have 3-4 kids that are there but cant wrestle to the best of their ability. Or in the case of Cleveland, they qualify 14, however their 106 cannot score any points at all because of a broken leg, so they are pretty much down to 13 wrestlers, Boeck most likely places at 220 and scores a few more, maybe not a ton but a few more points for Soddy, but breaks his leg. In a dual he can be replaced, maybe the wrestler that replaces him isnt as good, but at least they wouldn't just be giving up the 6 points, while in a individual tourney they aren't getting any more points from him.

My senior year we finished third in the state duals, individuals we finished second, we weren't better than that team that beat us two weeks before, I got a very favorable draw and ended up placing, while the kid from that team that beat me, had a bad draw and ended up out after 2 matches, he beat me by 5 points in the dual and it could have been worse, he ended up though having to fight it out with 2 previous state placers that didn't get seeded as they didn't win their regions, while i didn't face one until conso semi's in which i got majored before getting beat for 5th. My points though for my wins were enough to push us ahead of them for second. And the fight between Cleveland and Science Hill next year will be a good one, however with what Cleveland brings back PLUS what they are bringing from Higher Calling up they will be loaded for bear next year including bringing back Whiteside who finished Third last year before missing this year with an injury, he would have slotted in at 145 and most likely would have placed there as before he got hurt he had one of the closer matches with Knox Fuller only getting beat 10-0 instead of getting teched or pinned like most others :)

Again, i never said before that Soddy was the third best team in AAA, BUT I did say that to prove they aren't you have to actually BEAT them and OW's boys out West couldn't do it and no excuses for it because every team has injuries, people not making weight etc. Soddy was missing kids also, not an excuse for losing and in the individual tourney they just dont have the horses to finish very high, but as a dual team they had enough good wrestlers there and depth to beat almost anyone not named Bradley and Cleveland or in D2 Father Ryan, McCallie, Baylor or CBHS, but not many other teams did either.

That's the plus side of the Cleveland dual. It is head to head. Team vs team. One of the few duals in this state to prove what a team will look like.

And Kyle is a heck of a wrestler also, for now though, no one knows about the middle schoolers and how they will do until they get on the mat in high school, i have seen stud after stud come up and they end up growing quickly and to much weight jump and they end up not even placing until they get used to that weight jump and their body. So for now looking at returning placers is a good starting point for next year although not the end all be all either

Returning placers for Science Hill, Cleveland and TN High for next year

106-seeley-SH 5th TN-Nelson-RU
113- Clev Bowers-3rd  TN-pendley-4th
120-Clev-Pond-3rd,  SH-Wysong-5th
138- Clev-mathews-4th   TN-pendley-2nd
152-SH- Arthur James-4th
160-SH-Diehl-3rd
285-clev- Swafford-3rd

Whiteside for cleveland should fit in around 145-160 next season as an 11th grader.

Beech returns:
 106-SC Horst
113-Palmer-RU
152-Rippy-3rd

Nelson and Dewey Pendley for THS were both seniors this year. 

Again, not sure why people that think they know anything about Wrestling at all think that individual tournaments show who the strongest teams are? Seriously team strength is shown in duals where it is HEAD TO HEAD and the depth of a team can be shown. IF you don't have enough to make a full team sorry for you but not the other teams problem. So not sure why people keeping harping on something like individuals to see who the best teams are! Again there are a TON of things that can effect how much a team scores in an individual tournament. I mean seriously would people think TN high wasnt a top team if they came in this weekend and 3-4 of their studs had the flu and couldnt wrestle or even wrestle at 100% so they cant replace anyone in the lineup and so they almost have 3-4 kids that are there but cant wrestle to the best of their ability. Or in the case of Cleveland, they qualify 14, however their 106 cannot score any points at all because of a broken leg, so they are pretty much down to 13 wrestlers, Boeck most likely places at 220 and scores a few more, maybe not a ton but a few more points for Soddy, but breaks his leg. In a dual he can be replaced, maybe the wrestler that replaces him isnt as good, but at least they wouldn't just be giving up the 6 points, while in a individual tourney they aren't getting any more points from him.

My senior year we finished third in the state duals, individuals we finished second, we weren't better than that team that beat us two weeks before, I got a very favorable draw and ended up placing, while the kid from that team that beat me, had a bad draw and ended up out after 2 matches, he beat me by 5 points in the dual and it could have been worse, he ended up though having to fight it out with 2 previous state placers that didn't get seeded as they didn't win their regions, while i didn't face one until conso semi's in which i got majored before getting beat for 5th. My points though for my wins were enough to push us ahead of them for second. And the fight between Cleveland and Science Hill next year will be a good one, however with what Cleveland brings back PLUS what they are bringing from Higher Calling up they will be loaded for bear next year including bringing back Whiteside who finished Third last year before missing this year with an injury, he would have slotted in at 145 and most likely would have placed there as before he got hurt he had one of the closer matches with Knox Fuller only getting beat 10-0 instead of getting teched or pinned like most others :)

Again, i never said before that Soddy was the third best team in AAA, BUT I did say that to prove they aren't you have to actually BEAT them and OW's boys out West couldn't do it and no excuses for it because every team has injuries, people not making weight etc. Soddy was missing kids also, not an excuse for losing and in the individual tourney they just dont have the horses to finish very high, but as a dual team they had enough good wrestlers there and depth to beat almost anyone not named Bradley and Cleveland or in D2 Father Ryan, McCallie, Baylor or CBHS, but not many other teams did either.

Very good post Cobra, and ur point about individual state not really determining who is the best team is solidified by other things on the wrestling scene.

For example, the highly successful and touted NCAA National Duals. Absolutely without a doubt the best way to determine the best NCAA team. The USA National Duals in Fargo every season that determines the best freestyle dual team in the nation. The Olympics Duals, as we all know, have been a highly successful and historical measuring stick of the best wrestling countries in the world. Unfortunately some state associations haven't even caught on yet and don't host state duals so they can never determine the best teams in their states. Some might surmise those at the top of individual tournaments are good, but as Corbra has so eloquently stated here, that is simply not the case because of seeding, injuries, "bad draws," unfortunate circumstances, and probably even some wardrobe malfunctions. Whatever the case many states are left in limbo and never really able to determine their states true best teams.

I would also definitely disregard the correlations among all states where the top 4 in state duals are also usually pretty close to the top in individual state. Most likely only a wild coincidence.

Thanks Corbra and Mrfixalot for displaying your infinite wisdom for all to see.

Well, as usual OW, showing your lack of knowledge with wrestling all be college and high school, along with maybe some out of folkstyle wrestling which means nothing for high school wrestlers in the scheme of things, but you think that correalates to a good team LOL. How about this I am going to make some rankings and I am going to put Oklahoma State as number 1 for college, nevermind they got beat this past weekend by Penn State, because up to that point they were undefeated, wait what so was Penn State? So next weeks rankings I am going to go ahead and still put Oklahoma State as best team in the nation because well, they were until they ran into Penn State. I mean that's what you want to do, a team that beat your team and Science Hill there is NO WAY they could be any better! 

And what happens in the NCAA individual tourney and maybe Hall breaks a leg first match AND Rutherford does also, So Oklahoma State finishes first in the individual tournament, Who is the better team there OW? I mean OKie State won the NCAA tourney so they would be the best wouldn't they?

Or maybe Hall and rutherford both get taken down straight to their backs in the first round and pinned by wrestlers that 9 out of 10 times they beat, they arent going to score as many coming through the wrestlebacks as they would going to and winning the finals, so best they can do is 3rd and get a few less points so they lose to Okie state. I know you aren't a coach and prob never coached a team in your life, BUT every individual tournament out there the coach is looking to see how his kids got drawn, he can see if there is an easy side of the bracket or a hard side, we see every year where the second place kid wouldnt have beaten the third place kid maybe even 4th and 5th, but he had a better draw and he ended up scoring more points, but why talk sense into you? Here you go, You were Right OW, Soddy Daisy wasn't the Third best team in AAA, your Arlington squad was so much better!!!! Soddy couldn't lace up the wrestling shoes of that mighty team from the West and I think the rankings from now on should come directly from you all powerful one! Maybe you can tell me who to put the money on for next year and call your shot now!

But i will agree with you on this. Arlington is a better Individual tourney team than Soddy is, Soddy is a better Duals team than Arlington is.

Edited by cobrakid8