Region 2A

bluedevil6913

Coalfield must be pretty stout to have blanked Oneida like they did last night. Should be one whale of a game at GCA v Greenback tonight. I'm just glad sun is shining. Safe travels everyone!

Well it was a whale of a game! A couple errors came back to haunt us. Walk off HR with 2 outs and 3-2 count is tuff to swallow. Oh well gotta win tomorrow.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a whale of a game! A couple errors came back to haunt us. Walk off HR with 2 outs and 3-2 count is tuff to swallow. Oh well gotta win tomorrow.

I knew last week was not indicative of your team. You could just see it. Both teams gave up runs, us in the first on that overthrow to 1st that should've been the 3rd out with no runs scoring...you all ended up getting 3 out of it to your credit. Then, you all gave us a couple at home plate. We both hit some shots right at people. We both made some crucial run saving plays on defense as well.  

I know that was a tough one for you guys. But, you live to fight another day. The two teams I saw tonight can absolutely make it to state and make some noise. The problem is.....Meigs could too! A VERY GOOD baseball team is going to end the season tomorrow. That just stinks!

Oh, and tell Hunter he is one of the most fun players I've seen play high school baseball....what a gamer!!!! I knew we were in trouble when he got to the plate in the 7th. You should be proud.

Hope y'all made it home safe tonight, and have safe travels tomorrow. I'm leaving work early to watch that first one. Should be a good one! Good luck to both teams.

what's tomorrow's schedule? Winner game 1 vs GCA tomorrow, or Friday? Game times? 5 & 730?

I knew last week was not indicative of your team. You could just see it. Both teams gave up runs, us in the first on that overthrow to 1st that should've been the 3rd out with no runs scoring...you all ended up getting 3 out of it to your credit. Then, you all gave us a couple at home plate. We both hit some shots right at people. We both made some crucial run saving plays on defense as well.

I know that was a tough one for you guys. But, you live to fight another day. The two teams I saw tonight can absolutely make it to state and make some noise. The problem is.....Meigs could too! A VERY GOOD baseball team is going to end the season tomorrow. That just stinks!

Oh, and tell Hunter he is one of the most fun players I've seen play high school baseball....what a gamer!!!! I knew we were in trouble when he got to the plate in the 7th. You should be proud.

Hope y'all made it home safe tonight, and have safe travels tomorrow. I'm leaving work early to watch that first one. Should be a good one! Good luck to both teams.

Thanks! We got home safe and got the guys fed! Ready to tackle Meigs tomorrow. We really need our bats to get back to our best. We need to find our "team" bats again. I was extremely proud of my nephew on the mound tonight. He's a Sophomore with a great mound presence. He was asked to do a tall task for us tonight and he almost pulled it off. I believe that was just his 2nd district start of his HS career. He got 2 RBIs early too. #12 is my younger son (the very tall lanky kid who is typically found talking or eating nachos or both). He's a 14 yr old Freshman who should make some noise next year with continued development. He can sling a ball and swing a bat. Just needs a little time. Remind me again which one is yours? Edited by ladykee

Thanks! We got home safe and got the guys fed! Ready to tackle Meigs tomorrow. We really need our bats to get back to our best. We need to find our "team" bats again. I was extremely proud of my nephew on the mound tonight. He's a Sophomore with a great mound presence. He was asked to do a tall task for us tonight and he almost pulled it off. I believe that was just his 2nd district start of his HS career. He got 2 RBIs early too. #12 is my younger son (the very tall lanky kid who is typically found talking or eating nachos or both). He's a 14 yr old Freshman who should make some noise next year with continued development. He can sling a ball and swing a bat. Just needs a little time. Remind me again which one is yours?

He's #5..1B, sophomore. He had huge shoes to fill this year, and he's doing fairly well. He's on more than he's not, so that's pretty good for an 8-hole hitter. Baseball is his first love, but it's really more of a hobby sport for him. He's a much better football player. I guess, looking at our schedule, you all will get to see that this fall.....he'll be #26 for that go-around.  

You don't want to hear this, but it is RAINING up here this morning with more on the radar. Hopefully, it will move out of here by this afternoon. I knew that I should've gone into meteorology. I took several electives in that field while I was at IU. I get in trouble for being wrong around the house, but those folks get paid big bucks to do it!

See y'all tonight....rain or shine! B)

Let us know when it stops raining. This may be one of those days we have to play thru it if it continues! See you at 5:30

It has stopped, and radar looks good. Since we haven't had any rain for several days, the outfield will handle most anything we could get by game-time. Lightning would be the only thing stopping tonight, and that isn't expected, I don't think.....therefore, there is a 50% shot of lightning. Last year, we played the sub-state game in a monsoon, because Unaka had driven forever to get here, and they too had graduation the next night. We'll get it in.

It has stopped, and radar looks good. Since we haven't had any rain for several days, the outfield will handle most anything we could get by game-time. Lightning would be the only thing stopping tonight, and that isn't expected, I don't think.....therefore, there is a 50% shot of lightning. Last year, we played the sub-state game in a monsoon, because Unaka had driven forever to get here, and they too had graduation the next night. We'll get it in.

Where the heck is Unaka?:rolleyes: