Region 2A

bluedevil6913

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to GB. Sounds like the lefty was as advertised, as was the Jeffers kid from Oneida. We hit absolutely awful....again. I'm going to give Jeffers all the credit though. He was a gamer! Thankfully, we pitched out of jams and did just enough at the plate to put pressure on their defense. The biggest key to winning was their coach pulling Jeffers when he was pretty much dominating all but one hitter. If we play on Wednesday like we did tonight, we'll be going to N Greene or wherever up that way on Friday.

Time to let the boys study for finals for a couple of nights. Then, Game 5.....Wednesday night at GCA. It just seems odd to write that. IMO, home field would mean more to GB than to GCA in the long run. I don't see any runner up from Reg 1 beating that lineup in Greenback!

I'm still holding out hope for my prediction of both teams getting to Murfreesboro. We will have to play MUCH BETTER to make that happen on our end. See y'all Wednesday! DISTRICT THREE RULES!!!!

Congrats to GB. Sounds like the lefty was as advertised, as was the Jeffers kid from Oneida. We hit absolutely awful....again. I'm going to give Jeffers all the credit though. He was a gamer! Thankfully, we pitched out of jams and did just enough at the plate to put pressure on their defense. The biggest key to winning was their coach pulling Jeffers when he was pretty much dominating all but one hitter. If we play on Wednesday like we did tonight, we'll be going to N Greene or wherever up that way on Friday.

Time to let the boys study for finals for a couple of nights. Then, Game 5.....Wednesday night at GCA. It just seems odd to write that. IMO, home field would mean more to GB than to GCA in the long run. I don't see any runner up from Reg 1 beating that lineup in Greenback!

I'm still holding out hope for my prediction of both teams getting to Murfreesboro. We will have to play MUCH BETTER to make that happen on our end. See y'all Wednesday! DISTRICT THREE RULES!!!!

good post, your game sounds about like ours lol.

I must tell this story.....so, my son gets home from the game and he should be really excited. He got 3 of our 4 hits last night and broke the game open in the 7th. (Yes, we only got 4 hits....it wasn't pretty!) Anyway, back to the story....I'm all excited and doing the stupid dad stuff congratulating him, and he says "Thanks Dad, but Greenback got beat 2-1 on a walk-off." He was genuinely sad. I said, "There's no way. Are you sure?" We went inside and I got on this computer to make sure. He came running back downstairs and said with a big smile, "They got it backwards, GB won!"

Now, I'm not going to lie, if that had been me from a kid/competitive standpoint, I might have been relieved to not have to play GB again. Five times against a REALLY GOOD team, and something bad is bound to happen. So, I said, "You realize it would've been much easier for us, if they had lost, right?" "Yeah Dad, but they are really good, and they're in our district!" He knows you all should get to Murf with the talent and senior leadership you have. He gets that honest, soft-hearted stuff from his mother.....and, I'm glad for it.

Now, come Wednesday, he'll be back out there with his stone cold stoic presence looking for three more hits and however many plays it takes to win that game. He gets that from......his mother also (I call it the "stink-eye")......and, you thought I was going to take credit. :) Have a great day folks!

Edited by 87ismine

I must tell this story.....so, my son gets home from the game and he should be really excited. He got 3 of our 4 hits last night and broke the game open in the 7th. (Yes, we only got 4 hits....it wasn't pretty!) Anyway, back to the story....I'm all excited and doing the stupid dad stuff congratulating him, and he says "Thanks Dad, but Greenback got beat 2-1 on a walk-off." He was genuinely sad. I said, "There's no way. Are you sure?" We went inside and I got on this computer to make sure. He came running back downstairs and said with a big smile, "They got it backwards, GB won!"

Now, I'm not going to lie, if that had been me from a kid/competitive standpoint, I might have been relieved to not have to play GB again. Five times against a REALLY GOOD team, and something bad is bound to happen. So, I said, "You realize it would've been much easier for us, if they had lost, right?" "Yeah Dad, but they are really good, and they're in our district!" He knows you all should get to Murf with the talent and senior leadership you have. He gets that honest, soft-hearted stuff from his mother.....and, I'm glad for it.

Now, come Wednesday, he'll be back out there with his stone cold stoic presence looking for three more hits and however many plays it takes to win that game. He gets that from......his mother also (I call it the "stink-eye")......and, you thought I was going to take credit. :) Have a great day folks!

Whew! Now that that's over! 😂 Thank goodness for Senior leadership that knocked in those 2 runs. Elimination games take on a whole other level of do or die! We have a strong grou of underclassmen that will be ready come Wed. no doubt. Thanks to your son for the short lived mourning for us, lol. He seems to be a good one! My son would have felt the same way if reverse because he wants another chance at you all. Plus he's a good one too and really wants to see both our teams go to Spring Fling. I believe we are both the most talented in the regions 1& 2 and should make it if we play to both our potentials. Tomorrow we'll be friendly enemies for a couple of hours then back to rooting for each other!

Whew! Now that that's over! Thank goodness for Senior leadership that knocked in those 2 runs. Elimination games take on a whole other level of do or die! We have a strong grou of underclassmen that will be ready come Wed. no doubt. Thanks to your son for the short lived mourning for us, lol. He seems to be a good one! My son would have felt the same way if reverse because he wants another chance at you all. Plus he's a good one too and really wants to see both our teams go to Spring Fling. I believe we are both the most talented in the regions 1& 2 and should make it if we play to both our potentials. Tomorrow we'll be friendly enemies for a couple of hours then back to rooting for each other!

Let's see....should I keep this short? I'm sure your boys want another shot at us. Who wouldn't after four games gone the wrong way? I'd say you have a decided advantage tomorrow. We know Friday is all that matters. I'm sure their competitive spirit will kick in tomorrow. Today, they had a water balloon fight! Time to loosen up, rest up, study for finals, and let the chips fall where they might tomorrow. It'll be a bit quieter tomorrow....I'm going to have to follow this one on GameChanger. I hate my job sometimes! :(

Glad I missed that mess. Congrats to GB for a hard fought win. Much respect to your coach and #8 for going after our 3-hole in the 7th, instead of walking him. Good luck on Friday and your quest for a trip to Murf. It's a fun week for all involved.

Congratulations to Greenback on the big win!! I believe this really sets up in Grace and Greenback's favor for both to make it Murfreesboro!! I was a little uncertain if Greenback could make it to state if they had to travel for sub-state, just for the simple fact of it being their first time in this position. I knew Grace would have no trouble traveling as they're literally as prepared as any team in the state!! Greenback getting the win tonight and earning a home sub-state game Friday sets up tremendously in the Cherokees favor!! I don't see Greenback losing at home on Friday and I truly don't see North Greene having the depth to knock off Grace in a winner take all game. Good luck to both the Rams and Cherokees! Get this win and make a run in Murfreesboro!!

Hmmmmm. Results starting to look a lot like basketball season 🤔🤔 pulling for both teams to make it to state. Congrats to GB for winning Region and get the home substate game

Weird huh!LOL.Congrats to our boys!!I will be out of town Fri thru Sun or I would LOVE to see this game with Hampton.Please GBnation keep us informed as that game Progress's!

Congratulations to Greenback on the big win!! I believe this really sets up in Grace and Greenback's favor for both to make it Murfreesboro!! I was a little uncertain if Greenback could make it to state if they had to travel for sub-state, just for the simple fact of it being their first time in this position. I knew Grace would have no trouble traveling as they're literally as prepared as any team in the state!! Greenback getting the win tonight and earning a home sub-state game Friday sets up tremendously in the Cherokees favor!! I don't see Greenback losing at home on Friday and I truly don't see North Greene having the depth to knock off Grace in a winner take all game. Good luck to both the Rams and Cherokees! Get this win and make a run in Murfreesboro!!

I agree GB should have zero problem with Hampton (10-10) at home in that small park. I'm guessing it'll be a quick game. As for us, we have no clue what talent level N Greene has on mound or anywhere else. They've won a bunch of games. That's enough for me to be cautious in my optimism. We'll just go up there and do what we do in crunch time. We've got a pretty good record in games that really count! Let's get two teams from Dist 3 into the tourney and see if we can't make it to game #6 on Friday. They won't put us both in the same side of the bracket.

Edited by 87ismine