Region 2A

bluedevil6913

No offense taken! I do agree baseball scheduling and rescheduling makes it hairy to the outside world with other obligations. The good Lord may see fit to open the skies again on May 1 and May 2 ....then what? I have always thought baseball games should be played if it all possible on scheduled dates based on years of history due to unexpected weather. Get them in at all costs to save pain and agony later. On the bright side I have been given a reprieve from scrubbing muddy uniforms (2 sets of them...2 sons) for a week! My hands are thankful, lol! Plus we now can attend graduating son's academic banquet in Knoxville on Thursday (prepaid tickets)! Top 5 in class and glad we don't have to miss it. There is always a bright side if we look for it which I often need to remind myself!

Now that's worth celebrating....the academic success....lol! I'm guessing you've washed many a muddy pair of pants over the years. What's a few more? Don't tell my son, he washes his own....Momma says she's getting him ready for heading out on his own. He's still trying to figure out why he's been doing his own laundry for the past 2 years, and he has 2 more to go. Someday, he'll appreciate the skill set. Right now....not so much!

Top academic success is difficult to attain while playing baseball, with the crazy schedule/late week nights at the field and on a bus. It takes discipline, maturity and more than a few brain cells. It also serves very nicely to get college scholarship packages combining athletic money with academic money, if that's in the plan. Knowing that you've got some great kids will make me much happier to root for you guys when you get to state. I'm rooting for a Greenback v GCA final!

Enjoy tonight....that award is more important than any trophy he's ever received on the field. Most importantly, it is a family award for setting the right kind of examples over the years.

See ORNGNBLK.....I'm not ALL bad. Pride will attest, I've got 10% good in there somewhere. Come get that cheeseburger! See y'all on the 1st, if the good Lord will allow us a dry day or two!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's worth celebrating....the academic success....lol! I'm guessing you've washed many a muddy pair of pants over the years. What's a few more? Don't tell my son, he washes his own....Momma says she's getting him ready for heading out on his own. He's still trying to figure out why he's been doing his own laundry for the past 2 years, and he has 2 more to go. Someday, he'll appreciate the skill set. Right now....not so much!

Top academic success is difficult to attain while playing baseball, with the crazy schedule/late week nights at the field and on a bus. It takes discipline, maturity and more than a few brain cells. It also serves very nicely to get college scholarship packages combining athletic money with academic money, if that's in the plan. Knowing that you've got some great kids will make me much happier to root for you guys when you get to state. I'm rooting for a Greenback v GCA final!

Enjoy tonight....that award is more important than any trophy he's ever received on the field. Most importantly, it is a family award for setting the right kind of examples over the years.

See ORNGNBLK.....I'm not ALL bad. Pride will attest, I've got 10% good in there somewhere. Come get that cheeseburger! See y'all on the 1st, if the good Lord will allow us a dry day or two!

Your a funny feller!LOL!!

In D4a this week, Coalfield (16-1) vs Oneida (12-4) for control of that district. Word is that CF is the deeper team, but the two Oneida kids are tough on the mound.

Weaker schedules overall than GB, Meigs, GCA, but Oneida beat Rockwood from 3a, and CF beat Harriman and Tellico soundly. Are either of these two a threat to whoever emerges from the triumvirate in 3a come region time?

Nine days since last game but should get to play on GB field vs Rockwood tomorrow. GB field could have been played on today but our game was scheduled @ Rockwood. Game was canceled yesterday not realizing GB field which was under water on Sunday would recover so well today. I assume they could have flipped home/away. Don't you just love April showers!!!

Nice post! Thanks

Always praising the good Lord for rain, even if it is annoyingly conflicted with baseball. Meigs County is scheduled to play a double-header at Tellico on Tuesday. I've heard Tellico has improved ?????? Haven't looked at any scores though.... either way, should be 2 good games

Tellico will be solid in a few years if they develop the talent they have coming through their youth system! Those kids have been NO JOKE the last couple of years in Dixie Youth. Multiple teams from that area will be real contenders soon. They're putting steroids in the water even more south of the river

Tellico will be solid in a few years if they develop the talent they have coming through their youth system! Those kids have been NO JOKE the last couple of years in Dixie Youth. Multiple teams from that area will be real contenders soon. They're putting steroids in the water even more south of the river

Y'all got that field ready to go today? I'm sort of thinking hip waders might be in order at all the fields around ETN for another day or two. Looking forward to two good games this evening. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been missing watching the boys play....win or lose.

Y'all got that field ready to go today? I'm sort of thinking hip waders might be in order at all the fields around ETN for another day or two. Looking forward to two good games this evening. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been missing watching the boys play....win or lose.

GB has rockwood tonight at GB.

So.....there are a few scenarios for district finish. I'm not very experienced at this playoff stuff. IF: Gback ends up 10-2 and Meigs ends up 10-2, who gets 1 seed? If GCA ends up 10-2 and Meigs ends up 10-2, who gets the 1 seed? Everybody would've split with each other in both scenarios. It may very well end up with Gback at 11-1, but I sort of prefer to consider the other scenarios.....just for grins and giggles! :)

So.....there are a few scenarios for district finish. I'm not very experienced at this playoff stuff. IF: Gback ends up 10-2 and Meigs ends up 10-2, who gets 1 seed? If GCA ends up 10-2 and Meigs ends up 10-2, who gets the 1 seed? Everybody would've split with each other in both scenarios. It may very well end up with Gback at 11-1, but I sort of prefer to consider the other scenarios.....just for grins and giggles! :)

Some sort of tie breaker rules would apply. I have heard but not certain that they will look at runs scored but that may only apply if 2 teams are tied. I guess it could apply to 3 teams with adding up all runs scored in the 4 games played against the others. Who knows? Maybe we can beat GCA twice and save everybody the trouble!😂 Interesting finish of the regular season. We typically play GCA at beginning of season so this is a little different.

It looks like Meigs is doing their part, so I'm guessing they've got the 2-seed sown up (if it is runs scored, or runs allowed being the tie-breaker between two teams with same district records.) Unless my math is wrong...entirely possible, assuming Meigs takes care of business at Rockwood this week (not a guarantee by any means, but likely,) they would get the 2-seed no matter what happens between GCA and Gback. If Rockwood takes one, then things get crazy: Gback goes 2-0 v GCA, they get 1-seed & Meigs is 2-seed, GCA 3-seed. Gback 1-1 vs GCA, Gback still 1-seed, GCA 2-seed & Meigs is 3-seed. GCA 2-0 v Gback, GCA gets the 1-seed, Meigs 2-seed & Gback would be best 3-seed in the history of Class A baseball. All of that said, it seems Meigs controls its own destiny for the 2-seed bye if they beat Rockwood twice.

Any way you slice it, there's going to be at least one very good team packing it up for the season after the district tourney. Every team has at least one capable pitcher, so there's no looking past the first game any of us plays.

Let's hope for games to be played as scheduled Mon/Tue, so we can get on with the dist tourney. Its going to be a doozy!!! I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather it be like this than have only one team with a chance to make some noise. Is this a great sport, or what?!