Region 2A

bluedevil6913

No worries. I apologize if I sounded offended. Based on scores, I don't think anyone would've expected us to steal a game from GB.

We finally brought our bats around. It's amazing how a few hits can give a team some life. I hope we can remain consistent at the plate. It'd be nice to get hot right before the tournament.

Don't underestimate GB's pitching staff based on Tuesday's score. Despite the rough outing, the Willis boy is still a great pitcher. Anyone who's ever pitched knows that sometimes things just don't go our way. He's a strong senior leader, and good things are gonna happen for him.

Good luck to you guys!

That was my thinking exactly. I too slung the ball around....sometimes, you just can't explain things. Willis is absolutely an extremely good pitcher. That's why I was so confident they'd keep the runs to a minimum and score enough to win both.

There is a very nice article in the KNS today on the Roberts kid. It shows just what an incredible athlete he is....we all could've told them that long before now! I'm guessing it might end up being some good bulletin board material in a few locker rooms and dugouts the rest of the season. B)

We've still got a LOT of work to do. We've got four games between Thursday and Saturday. One thing's for sure....Coach is developing necessary pitching depth. Then, we'll have to sweep G'back to even the district records. THEN, we can't forget there is a very competitive Harriman team waiting for us the following week. You know they'd love to knock us down a notch as well. Did I mention there's a LOT of work to do?

I truly believe this is going to be as competitive a district tournament as any around. Some good teams are going to be sent home early. The two teams left standing at the end will be tourney tested and ready to fight for a spot in Murf. Its a good thing too....there are some extremely talented baseball teams in Class A. There won't be any slouches at state.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my thinking exactly. I too slung the ball around....sometimes, you just can't explain things. Willis is absolutely an extremely good pitcher. That's why I was so confident they'd keep the runs to a minimum and score enough to win both.

There is a very nice article in the KNS today on the Roberts kid. It shows just what an incredible athlete he is....we all could've told them that long before now! I'm guessing it might end up being some good bulletin board material in a few locker rooms and dugouts the rest of the season. B)

We've still got a LOT of work to do. We've got four games between Thursday and Saturday. One thing's for sure....Coach is developing necessary pitching depth. Then, we'll have to sweep G'back to even the district records. THEN, we can't forget there is a very competitive Harriman team waiting for us the following week. You know they'd love to knock us down a notch as well. Did I mention there's a LOT of work to do?

I truly believe this is going to be as competitive a district tournament as any around. Some good teams are going to be sent home early. The two teams left standing at the end will be tourney tested and ready to fight for a spot in Murf. Its a good thing too....there are some extremely talented baseball teams in Class A. There won't be any slouches at state.

good post!

GCA canceled. Has it rained that much in Karns? Per WBIR it hasn't and future cast on radar looked somewhat promising for that area. South of Knoxville has been hit worse with pop up storms and tomorrow thru Wednesday doesn't look very good. Today may have been the best day to try to get in some games. Well pitchers should all be available so yippee! Maybe that is what GCA needed.

GCA canceled. Has it rained that much in Karns? Per WBIR it hasn't and future cast on radar looked somewhat promising for that area. South of Knoxville has been hit worse with pop up storms and tomorrow thru Wednesday doesn't look very good. Today may have been the best day to try to get in some games. Well pitchers should all be available so yippee! Maybe that is what GCA needed.

They want TIME!It gives them the opportunity to get better.☺

They want TIME!It gives them the opportunity to get better.☺

It amazes me you go there when you all finally have a good team, worthy of the praise you've received on here. As usual, people have to take completely erroneous shots at GCA. For what its worth, and I shouldn't give it the time of day, we did play four games this weekend, but we absolutely did NOT use our district pitchers in the weekend games. We were, we are, and now it looks like we will be ready to give it our best shot tomorrow, or whenever these games get played. I don't know what weather channel you were watching, but it was obviously as accurate as usual. It absolutely poured all afternoon and evening at GCA and the surrounding area yesterday and again today. And that flashing stuff in the sky wasn't the newspaper warming up their bulbs getting ready to take all those pics of the mighty Greenback baseball team. We did you all a favor....you could've been sitting on the bus for hours waiting for the 30 min delays/per flash to end on a school night. Our boys would've been sitting in the comfy field house doing homework, or hitting in the practice facility. Maybe we'll get a break and get to play tomorrow. You will pitch the same guy you would've on Monday, and so will we.

It amazes me you go there when you all finally have a good team, worthy of the praise you've received on here. As usual, people have to take completely erroneous shots at GCA. For what its worth, and I shouldn't give it the time of day, we did play four games this weekend, but we absolutely did NOT use our district pitchers in the weekend games. We were, we are, and now it looks like we will be ready to give it our best shot tomorrow, or whenever these games get played. I don't know what weather channel you were watching, but it was obviously as accurate as usual. It absolutely poured all afternoon and evening at GCA and the surrounding area yesterday and again today. And that flashing stuff in the sky wasn't the newspaper warming up their bulbs getting ready to take all those pics of the mighty Greenback baseball team. We did you all a favor....you could've been sitting on the bus for hours waiting for the 30 min delays/per flash to end on a school night. Our boys would've been sitting in the comfy field house doing homework, or hitting in the practice facility. Maybe we'll get a break and get to play tomorrow. You will pitch the same guy you would've on Monday, and so will we.

Sit on the bus???Heck why wouldn't we be able to watch field of dreams in your alls big fancy leather clad seated media room.Heck talk about feeling at home.Geezzz!I'm gonna have to talk to Pride about this mess.😂 Edited by orngnblk

If you're wondering why people take erroneous shots at GCA, the quoted text above would probably be exhibit A.

Sorry folks...ORNGNBLK is right. I knew he was messing around, like he always does. I got defensive of the same old same old comments we've heard for years. I'm not very good at this CoachT system...meant to insert my response below ladykee's comment, and I shouldn't have said what I did about the field house. I broke my rule of writing once and checking myself twice before hitting the send button. I was frustrated with the assertion we would try and manipulate the schedule to benefit us. We get accused of so much that is nowhere near the truth, it sometimes gets frustrating.

Now, I'm sure everyone will love the latest developments. I guess the coaches got together and decided to move the games to May 1st and 2nd? I'll give ladykee this much.....it sure looks nice and sunny this afternoon in N. Knox. Who knows? It sure makes it tough to schedule business travel with all these changes.

I apologize again to anyone offended by my response. ORNGNBLK....I owe you a cheeseburger if you'll come up on the 1st.

Sorry folks...ORNGNBLK is right. I knew he was messing around, like he always does. I got defensive of the same old same old comments we've heard for years. I'm not very good at this CoachT system...meant to insert my response below ladykee's comment, and I shouldn't have said what I did about the field house. I broke my rule of writing once and checking myself twice before hitting the send button. I was frustrated with the assertion we would try and manipulate the schedule to benefit us. We get accused of so much that is nowhere near the truth, it sometimes gets frustrating.

Now, I'm sure everyone will love the latest developments. I guess the coaches got together and decided to move the games to May 1st and 2nd? I'll give ladykee this much.....it sure looks nice and sunny this afternoon in N. Knox. Who knows? It sure makes it tough to schedule business travel with all these changes.

I apologize again to anyone offended by my response. ORNGNBLK....I owe you a cheeseburger if you'll come up on the 1st.

No offense taken! I do agree baseball scheduling and rescheduling makes it hairy to the outside world with other obligations. The good Lord may see fit to open the skies again on May 1 and May 2 ....then what? I have always thought baseball games should be played if it all possible on scheduled dates based on years of history due to unexpected weather. Get them in at all costs to save pain and agony later. On the bright side I have been given a reprieve from scrubbing muddy uniforms (2 sets of them...2 sons) for a week! My hands are thankful, lol! Plus we now can attend graduating son's academic banquet in Knoxville on Thursday (prepaid tickets)! Top 5 in class and glad we don't have to miss it. There is always a bright side if we look for it which I often need to remind myself!