State tourney live draw

Play 4 Fun

I think the PC vs. SG game will come down to the fact that PC won't be able to stop Lamb much if at all.  She is the best post player in Single A, and yes that includes Meadows IMO.  Every one of SG's players are very good and they just grind teams to frustration.  Your going to see a lot of girls react to plays with their hands up and looking towards their bench asking their coach how do we stop this.  Lamb is just so fundamentally good that it is an absolute nightmare to have to guard her.  If you choose to pack it in....then you find out how really good their guards are because they make you pay outside too.  Regardless of how you choose to guard Lamb she will get touches anyways because she never stands still.  Anyone who upsets South Greene DESERVES to win the Gold Ball.  Picket County will take the first shot Thursday.

Kazoom

Now you're being an East Tn homer just like i'm about to be an UC homer.  SG is good, Lamb is very good, but she is easier to defend than Meadows is.  Meadows is much bigger and she scores at will down low.  Giving how good Meadows is and Pickett having to learn how to over come her size i think that gives PC a huge advantage in this game.  PC will win this game by 5.  You heard it here first my friend...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what makes Upperman so good?? I know Levy is a great player, Maynard and Strickland are good role players, but I'm struggling to see what else is there exactly. So South Side doesn't have a chance?? Athletically Upperman isn't even close. I don't see a 15 point game.

JCS has trouble scoring as of late and the rims at the Murphy Center aren't the easiest to adapt to so once you add all that in and couple that with the fact that Upperman has very good outside shooting along with Levy, that equates to a 15 point game.  

And also South Side beat Upperman last summer. Not a big deal, but still something to consider.

Summer Camp?  Really you're going to use a summer camp analogy?  Come on man.....

I don't live close enough to South Greene to even root for them, but your in denial so I'll let you be.  Anyone....and I mean anyone that gets past South Greene this year will have pulled the biggest upset in the tournament.  If it is PC great....CR, wonderful.....watch the tape bro.

Kaz

I would also debate apples and oranges with you.  Meadows is a fine player that is coming back into form, but Lamb is the better player IMO.  She is easily has a more well rounded game in that she can face the basket and beat you on the dribble drive. (Meadows lacks the quickness to go around defenders)  Both are good with their back to the basket with Meadows more intent on burrowing her position deep in the box and then using her height to score easily.  Lamb, too, is physical enough to catch it deep yet IMO shows more variety in the post moves she makes and usually scores.  Meadows is a player that needs a break from time to time....Lamb can go longer.  If I had first pick in a scrimmage line or a draft.....I would take Lamb over Meadows.

Keep in mind....I think they are both excellent posts.  You get it to either one in deep and it almost an automatic two points.  Meadows probably the better rim protector.  I bet their rebound #'s are probably similar.

Kaz

I don't live close enough to South Greene to even root for them, but your in denial so I'll let you be. Anyone....and I mean anyone that gets past South Greene this year will have pulled the biggest upset in the tournament. If it is PC great....CR, wonderful.....watch the tape bro.

Kaz

Which game did you see a tape of? I'm just curious. I'm loving your comments. Spot on.

Saw all of last years state championship games. I have seen CR numerous times. I would be SHOCKED if the South Greene team I saw had gotten any less hungry. They looked like the want as many as they can get....!

Kaz

Oh okay. I thought maybe you'd seen one of the regional games from this year. I promise you that the SG team of the last couple of weeks would demolish the South Greene team of last year's state run. Same girls. Different level. Edited by Rebel82

I would also debate apples and oranges with you. Meadows is a fine player that is coming back into form, but Lamb is the better player IMO. She is easily has a more well rounded game in that she can face the basket and beat you on the dribble drive. (Meadows lacks the quickness to go around defenders) Both are good with their back to the basket with Meadows more intent on burrowing her position deep in the box and then using her height to score easily. Lamb, too, is physical enough to catch it deep yet IMO shows more variety in the post moves she makes and usually scores. Meadows is a player that needs a break from time to time....Lamb can go longer. If I had first pick in a scrimmage line or a draft.....I would take Lamb over Meadows.

Keep in mind....I think they are both excellent posts. You get it to either one in deep and it almost an automatic two points. Meadows probably the better rim protector. I bet their rebound #'s are probably similar.

Kaz

MTSU, Ole Miss, La Tech and a slew of other schools disagree with you.. but hey, this our ESPN, so you can analyze all you want.. lol

I would also debate apples and oranges with you.  Meadows is a fine player that is coming back into form, but Lamb is the better player IMO.  She is easily has a more well rounded game in that she can face the basket and beat you on the dribble drive. (Meadows lacks the quickness to go around defenders)  Both are good with their back to the basket with Meadows more intent on burrowing her position deep in the box and then using her height to score easily.  Lamb, too, is physical enough to catch it deep yet IMO shows more variety in the post moves she makes and usually scores.  Meadows is a player that needs a break from time to time....Lamb can go longer.  If I had first pick in a scrimmage line or a draft.....I would take Lamb over Meadows.

Keep in mind....I think they are both excellent posts.  You get it to either one in deep and it almost an automatic two points.  Meadows probably the better rim protector.  I bet their rebound #'s are probably similar.

Kaz

Lamb's quickness will not have the affect on PC's defense like Meadow's post presence does.  Pickett is quicker at the post than Lamb is, and understand this should Lamb get in foul trouble trying to stop Pickett's penetration and their post presence who by the was was the District Tournament and Region Tournament MVP in Pritchett who's not too shaby herself, then it could get ugly.  Having said that i watched SG play last year and they were impressive.  So this should be a great matchup but it won't be an upset if Pickett County wins this game.  An upset is when you have a team like Oneida that beats a top 5 team like Clarkrange once in a blue moon.  That is an upset, SG is the favorite but not overwhelmingly like it has been with other teams that have entered this tournament.  In my opinion there are 3 teams that can and or will win the Class A state tournament.  South Greene, Pickett Co. and Clarkrange.  The others are just happy to be there and will enjoy their time at the Murphy Center.  These 3 are here for one reason and one reason only, to bring home the gold ball.

MTSU, Ole Miss, La Tech and a slew of other schools disagree with you.. but hey, this our ESPN, so you can analyze all you want.. lol

Lamb is a solid player but she's not in the category of Meadows when it comes to the next level. 

W

Oh okay. I thought maybe you'd seen one of the regional games from this year. I promise you that the SG team of the last couple of weeks would demolish the South Greene team of last year's state run. Same girls. Different level.

When you play in the weak eastern part of the state its not hard to look good.  SG plays a cupcake schedule, full of cupcake teams outside of Morristown West  (Who is about to get drilled by Riverdale), maybe Gatlinburg Pitman and Oak Ridge... You've played 36 games this year and you lost 4 times to the only teams on your schedule that could have a chance of beating Pickett County so i wouldn't hang my hat on how good you look against glorified middle school teams.. :popcorneater:

W

When you play in the weak eastern part of the state its not hard to look good. SG plays a cupcake schedule, full of cupcake teams outside of Morristown West (Who is about to get drilled by Riverdale), maybe Gatlinburg Pitman and Oak Ridge... You've played 36 games this year and you lost 4 times to the only teams on your schedule that could have a chance of beating Pickett County so i wouldn't hang my hat on how good you look against glorified middle school teams.. :popcorneater:

Pickett is the last person that needs to be talking about someone's schedule... if you've never ventured out past the message boards, there are quite a few teams at state with tougher schedules according to Coach T than Pickett. It's always funny to hear you guys talk big talk but go out in the first round the past two years.