Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Where are all the DB guys?      I thought a thread like this would be lit up for weeks.     Is it just too early?    

This is not a trivial game.    Many are predicting Greeneville to get at least to R4 in the playoffs.      And while DB is nowhere near that level, they are a much bigger student body, therefore more depth on the sidelines, so keep that in mind as the temps will likely be in the 80's at kickoff ( http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/greeneville/tennessee/united-states/ustn0212 )

BVD - sure hope you can get a looooooooong video of this one.    A lot of us would like to see it live but unfortunately we have our own opening games that night.

36 days until kickoff........

i got you blazer. Ive been waiting on this game for ever. you can always DVR the game too, but who wants to watch tv coverage of this heavy weight title bout, when you can watch a post game BVD vid?...haha

5 hours ago, johndeere said:

We are busy preparing to collect side bets on this game.   Kinda early to do this, but to everyone interested, who is ready to set the spread for this game?

As far as betting,who knows when it comes to high school kids.DB still has some great talent and could have had more.I was talking to a DB player the other day and telling him what I thought had happened the last couple years and had that all been handled much better from where they were as 9th graders until today,this DB team would be hail on wheels without a question but I still think they  could  have a vey fine year.Would have love to seen a GQ kind of coach with a top strength guy step in about 10 years ago for some of those DB teams like 2008 and 2012 as well as the last couple of DB classes.I'm in part to blame as is anyone who didn't demand a change to help DB athletics.As I told the player and a few dads,I have to roll with my Devils but wish these DB players the best after Greeneville.

3 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

As far as betting,who knows when it comes to high school kids.DB still has some great talent and could have had more.I was talking to a DB player the other day and telling him what I thought had happened the last couple years and had that all been handled much better from where they were as 9th graders until today,this DB team would be hail on wheels without a question but I still think they  could  have a vey fine year.Would have love to seen a GQ kind of coach with a top strength guy step in about 10 years ago for some of those DB teams like 2008 and 2012 as well as the last couple of DB classes.I'm in part to blame as is anyone who didn't demand a change to help DB athletics.As I told the player and a few dads,I have to roll with my Devils but wish these DB players the best after Greeneville.

sent you a couple recent pictures of the lead devil on  yur phone...i got a new number now so be on the lookout for those texts

6 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

terrible....all skinny scrawny little scrubs...wont win a game this year....Gabriel said to tell you and your family hello

Thanks,but I thank they might win one in the conference atleast.Tell Gabriel I'm glad to see he is doing great and representing for the other side of my family,I'll check out the photos ,thanks

Edited by BatmanDevil

5 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Thanks,but I thank they might win one in the conference atleast.Tell Gabriel I'm glad to see he is doing great and representing for the other side of my family

will do....i was wrong on an earlier post when i said he was starting this year...that's still "up for grabs" so to speak...he's got a pretty good battle /competition going on with another fine you Devil for the LG or LT spot.

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Thanks,but I thank they might win one in the conference atleast.Tell Gabriel I'm glad to see he is doing great and representing for the other side of my family

dont know if you tweet or not, but ive been looking at some tweets from one of our coaches from the FCA 7on7 camp at carson newman and our OL/DL linemen will be a definate strong  spot on the team, aside from the other obvious strong spots....oh and how bout this...my daughters boyfriends first challenge this season at his position once the season starts....VS Cade Mays of catholic...lol....im  pulling for him but sadly he's already beat in his head...im trying to instill a little "rickertude" into him, but i guess if i was him i would be worried too. ( well, not really, but hey, i gotta support the young man)

1 minute ago, BVDevil said:

will do....i was wrong on an earlier post when i said he was starting this year...that's still "up for grabs" so to speak...he's got a pretty good battle /competition going on with another fine you Devil for the LG or LT spot.

I'd say everyone on the team will help a great deal this year and all of them need to know that having depth and pushing the front guys is just as important as many of the stars.The 2nd ,3rds and very youngest guys have to be ready because anyone who ever played the game knows how anyone can not be feeling well or have a little something wrong,plus you have to have that depth in tough games

Just now, BVDevil said:

dont know if you tweet or not, but ive been looking at some tweets from one of our coaches from the FCA 7on7 camp at carson newman and our OL/DL linemen will be a definate strong  spot on the team, aside from the other obvious strong spots....oh and how bout this...my daughters boyfriends first challenge this season at his position once the season starts....VS Cade Mays of catholic...lol....im  pulling for him but sadly he's already beat in his head...im trying to instill a little "rickertude" into him, but i guess if i was him i would be worried too. ( well, not really, but hey, i gotta support the young man)

Cade is a badaz for sure and a great player,I hope he has done away with the extra crap these days.

3 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'd say everyone on the team will help a great deal this year and all of them need to know that having depth and pushing the front guys is just as important as many of the stars.The 2nd ,3rds and very youngest guys have to be ready because anyone who ever played the game knows how anyone can not be feeling well or have a little something wrong,plus you have to have that depth in tough games

yes indeed. 2 things that concern me most about that first game....numbers and overconfidence....not saying thats an issue down here at all, i just know how15,16 and 16 year old young men can be when all they hear is how good they are...that of course is the case anywhere i suppose.