Division 2 AA Middle Region CPA,BGA, FRA, Lipscomb, Goodpasture

Cubstan

I love the new Division 2 AA Middle Region of CPA, BGA, Goodpasture, FRA, Lipscomb. A lot of renewed rivalrys.  Should be a competitive region. I'm new to this D2 format. What is the playoff format? How many teams from the region make the playoffs?

Edited by Cubstan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Cubstan said:

I love the new Division 2 AA Middle Region of CPA, BGA, Goodpasture, FRA, Lipscomb. A lot of renewed rivalrys.  Should be a competitive region. I'm new to this D2 format. What is the playoff format? How many teams from the region make the playoffs?

CPA will dominate that region most years unless the others pick it up. The other schools should be competitive with each other though. FRA being the one that has a great deal to do if they want to be competitive year after year. CPA just has way too much talent, depth, and coaching compared to the others. 

1 hour ago, Booger said:

that would b affirmative...looks as if your dawggies are set for another good chance at a Region trophy

Booger just sayin :D

Yeah I think so too Boog. Bolivar will be tough in our district/region. They're qb has committed to West Virginia. But I like our chances. I have a feeling that we may have a potential date with some PC Firebirds thanksgiving week. I'm not so confident about our chances there. Good luck to you guys this year man. I will be cheering for ya!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

11 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

"CPA will dominate that region most years".

Yea the 2016 Goodpasture team did beat CPA during the season and then several weeks later lost a close one to the Lions that went into Double Overtime in the 3rd round of the playoffs at home.  The Cougars lost a bunch of seniors and looks like CPA is stacked returning many players who played a bunch last couple of season as freshmen and sophomores.  CPA had a very deceiving win/loss record last year and will be the team to beat from middle TN for sure.  

http://goodpasture.football/