COFFEE COUNTY-SOFTBALL SUCCESS

Cannon10

I have currently read where Coach Breeden may be leaving Coffee couty after this year. I hope that this is not so! I am a 14 year old catcher that has been playing for one of Coffee County's traveling teams. I also play basketball, but I have decided to dedicate myself to softball during my highschool years. I played for Coach Breeden when I was 10 on his traveling team. He is the one that moved me to catcher. Even though, my dad thinks I'm crazy wanting to be a catcher, I love the exitement of being in on every pitch. My cousin played for Coach Breeden and earned many honors during her playing days. I hope to duplicate these feats for Coach Breeden & Coach Floyd. I want my name on the Raider walk of fame with my cousin Erica. My dad tells me that Coach is a fair man because he started my sister as a freshman eventhough they have had strong disagrements in the past. My dad tells me that this is the mark of a true man. I am writing this because I want to play softball for a successful program & I want to start with my sister. I have played softball since I was 5 & I want to play for you Coach Breeden! I hope you read this & carry me to a state championship! Please don't leave all the hard work you have put into our highschool softball program behind! If you agree with me, please respond and tell Coach Breeden not to give up on us girls!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Cannon10, but he would not be giving up on you and the other girls. I am guessing that football has been a part of Coach Breeden's as long as he can remember it, and long before softball was. My guess would be that even though he has been more successful in softball, football will always be the game he loves. Asking him to stay and give up the game he loves is like asking you to give up playing softball and the excitment you feel when playing catcher. Everyone would hate to see him leave, but you cannot expect him to give up something as much a part of him as football. Of course I could be wrong and if I am I really hope that he does stay on to continue coaching softball.

Daddyraider,

You know you're my real favorite. Thanks for teaching me all the things that you have. It's really gotten me far in the life of softball. I've been playing for Coach Kenny and he has pushed me hard to become a better catcher! I'm glad that I have been lucky enough to have coaches like you that have pushed me harder to get better. I guess I missed out on you being one of my highschool coaches! But you're still fat man to me! (HAHA) (Oh thanks for the good luck on basketball) :)

Cannon10,

Nice to read your heartfelt post,but I have some Questions to ask of you.

1.Is the cupboard bare?

2.Where are all of your supporters now?

3.Has the rest of the district caught up with your

beloved team?

4.Do you really think Coffee County can make it a 4-

peat?

These are some questions I think about while I'm doing some of my smoking. (HA_HA)

Your message is beautifully written. Knowing coach Breeden, I'm sure it means an awful lot to him. I've heard great things about your talent from, among others, coach Breeden and your favorite "fat man."...lol...by the way, you might be the only one that can get away with calling Terry that. He's been telling me for years that his chest protector was just slipping a little bit.

UT1,

I'm not trying to be a politician. I was being strong enough to express my feelings.Do you know the feeling of playing on a losing team? Well I do & I hate that feeling! A real softball fan knows that a team is the reflection of their coach! Coach Breeden has built Coffee County softball into a very good softball program. It was not always that way! What I am tying to say is I want to play for a coach that i have watched over the years & that I know is a good coach. He works his players very hard because my sister is very tired after 4 hours of practice everyday. I want a coach to push me hard because I want to get a scholarship. I chose softball over basketball because I think I might have a better chance. And for that Goingdeep, he has smoked himself stupid! :o:)