McKenzie @ Huntingdon....MAYBE???

ZEBRA35

2 hours ago, Waker said:

It was a great team effort by the Middle School boys! I feel like the speed for the Mustangs tonight and going forward is going to be shocking. You just don't see so many this fast at the 1a level.

I'm assuming ur talking about the speed at the high school. Saw the Stang  middle school in a jamboree and Lake Co ran away from them scoring close to 40 points in a half and only giving up 6 

On 8/17/2017 at 4:29 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We is Kermit at?  Doesn't seem right without him on the boards. 

I am here well first of all congratulations to the HMS Football team for winning the first game last night on the new artificial turf against of all teams Mckenzie.

They say history likes to repeat itself and well that saying will turn out to be true as the high school Mustangs will beat the rebels again on the same field 24 hours later.  I hope everyone enjoys the new football field I think it is beautiful and even though a little expensive well worth the money.  Only thing they probably shouldnt had redone the field house if they were going to get a new field and a new pressbox.

Mckenzie Rebels looked pretty amazing in their jamboree against Martin Westview last week.  Well Rebels we are not the Chargers so if u come out playing thinking we are like that you will get your tail kicked.  I do not think you are going to be big headed and are gonna be ready for this one as well however.  Mustangs need to work on their kicking game a little as well as that'll make a big difference in weeks to come and might tonight as well.  I think we have a pretty good football team this year and this season will last a good while as well if everyone stays healthy.  Got a younger team than some years but still a very talented group of players that just needs to stay focused and not get big headed.  Also Kade Pearsons final season as a Huntingdon Mustang is this year and I think this year will turn out to be a incredible one for him as well.  Here is a link on him in the jackson sun newspaper for anyone wanting to read about him, you will probably see his name in the media a lot this year.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/08/17/huntingdons-kade-pearson-has-developed-passing-game-over-past-two-years/573397001/

Ok prediction time I am going to pick:

Huntingdon:26

McKenzie14

It will be a good game tonight and it being the first game of the season there will probably be some mistakes by both teams whoever has more will be a key factor.  I dont know if I should post on here too much because not only do I think Kade Pearson is a great player, it being his senior year is making me a little more biased and I dont think I'll really offend anyone too much but I like ruffling feathers but if I talk on here this year I might be ruffling them a little more.

Anyway hope everyone has a good sportmanship tonight and both teams have a injury free game.  Also everyone be blessed and have a safe trip home.

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I'm assuming ur talking about the speed at the high school. Saw the Stang  middle school in a jamboree and Lake Co ran away from them scoring close to 40 points in a half and only giving up 6 

Yes. I am taking about the speed of the High School. Our middle school doesn't look like the same team y'all faced in the Jamboree. Much improved.

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Looking and hoping I get to see him play .May  not like what I will see ,especially if LC is playing against him but that's just the way things happen .Who's  the better team that night .Good luck to him and the Stangs  this year.

Edited by Waker

14 minutes ago, Waker said:

Defense for Huntingdon closes fast! Especially on pass plays. Dallas Willis is everywhere! This is going to be a fun group to watch.

As much a fan as I am for Kade Pearson, Willis is the player of the game by far, he showed out.  Great game Stangs keep it up, and fix the fumbling issues and you will have a great season.

First off I want to say congrats to mustangs...I'm glad that y'all have a coach that will run different plays . we run 4 plays handoff up the middle hand off up the middle hand off up the middle that we have run for  years that anyone from the stands on either side can call. Where and who it's going to this is not a excuse at all just a fact that maybe we could do a lot better than we did and have in the past and I'm not mad we lost i feel sorry for all the boys that have put there whole summer in season after season for a coach that has done well in mckenzie but times change kids change football changes  when it don't work it don't work pass the ball or run it outside ... Up the middle up the middle up the middle pass 3 and long punt guess what it don't work....   Anyway great job mustangs wish you the best the rest of the year and stay healthy......  as long as wade comer trys to run a  sec Alabama football play book in a 2a high school team this is what the outcome will be ...... When we get on the field everyone that has ever played us know what we are going to do period maybe one day we can get a coach that cares and kids will want to play that aren't playing now bc of a coach ... Ok I'm done !!!! 

• Upvote 1