Whitwell @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

26 minutes ago, NDOldTimr said:

Boyd didn't have much snap in their get up last night. Looked more like kids being drug to the turnip patch than kids running to the tree on Christmas morning. I hope they can get it going, I've always respected that program. 

old timer, we could use the ex buc players this year.    they looked better in blue.  Wish we could have kept them.  Church does not give scholarship at boyd.  Wish they did.  We need more depth.  Y'all have a bunch of kids suited up.  thats great, makes a difference.

1 hour ago, NDOldTimr said:

Boyd didn't have much snap in their get up last night. Looked more like kids being drug to the turnip patch than kids running to the tree on Christmas morning. I hope they can get it going, I've always respected that program. 

dont b so rude and be a little more respectfuller of them Boyd kids

Booger just sayin :D

Edited by Booger

Best Whitwell team I've ever seen (talent wise, still got a lot of proving to do to make this a historical fact),  If the O-line comes to play, they continue to tackle well and they don't beat themselves with stupid penalties or getting the calls wrong from the coaches (What happened on Saylor's long run vs them) they have a very high ceiling.        They had quite the preseason from my understanding, and competed very well vs 3-a competition in doing so. 

I've also gotten the chance to watch some Boyd preseason film, they've got some good athletes out there, but seem to beat themselves a lot.   Broken plays, QB fumbling the snap, though I refuse to believe that's who Boyd is... 

Whitwell by a TD, because I'm rooting for them!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Grundyplayer
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Grundyplayer said:

Best Whitwell team I've ever seen (talent wise, still got a lot of proving to do to make this a historical fact),  If the O-line comes to play, they continue to tackle well and they don't beat themselves with stupid penalties or getting the calls wrong from the coaches (What happened on Saylor's long run vs them) they have a very high ceiling.        They had quite the preseason from my understanding, and competed very well vs 3-a competition in doing so. 

I've also gotten the chance to watch some Boyd preseason film, they've got some good athletes out there, but seem to beat themselves a lot.   Broken plays, QB fumbling the snap, though I refuse to believe that's who Boyd is... 

Whitwell by a TD, because I'm rooting for them!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say Saylors 70 yd TD was a wrong call from the coaches. He got to the corner and just outran Whitwell. No shame in it because he's going to do that to a lot of teams this year.

I wasn't saying the coaches made the wrong call, actually on that play they made the right one. 

I was saying on that play specifically I was told the play the coaches called, was miscalled on the field thus resulting in the wrong front and stunt being called.   

Im defintely not trying to take anything away from Saylors or your WR, WB and Tight ends who set the edge against them nicely the whole time.    

Saylors is an incredible athlete , with elite speed.   I would imagine most teams would have problems with that play, and even the most well coached team would eventually concede a big play to him in similar manner.   

On 8/13/2017 at 1:28 AM, Spartan4Life said:

While I think Whitwell looks pretty good especially for a 1A school I feel this is a must win for Boyd. Considering Boyd's schedule will be tougher with the likes of Notre Dame, Webb, BGA and CAK waiting, if they don't win this one it could be a long year. 

SouthPitt would or could beat all teams mentioned. We have a tough schedule. QB and line play will decide our fate. Go Bucs!

2 hours ago, BoydBucFan said:

SouthPitt would or could beat all teams mentioned. We have a tough schedule. QB and line play will decide our fate. Go Bucs!

South Pitt is solid and I saw them play in the jamboree but they would not beat Webb or Notre Dame. I promise you that. 

I havnt seen ND this year but they appear to be big and have some talent. 

And Webb has way too much speed and talent for Pitt to match. I think youre underestimating D2 football a little my friend. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

8 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

South Pitt is solid and I saw them play in the jamboree but they would not beat Webb or Notre Dame. I promise you that. 

I havnt seen ND this year but they appear to be big and have some talent. 

And Webb has way too much speed and talent for Pitt to match. I think youre underestimating D2 football a little my friend. 

Webb is stout.  I have a friend whose son plays on the team.  No underestimation here.  Yes ND is talented but could lose to SP.  I hope it doesn't take too many whoopings from the bigs of DII before our admin starts to 'bring in' some athletes.  

1 minute ago, BoydBucFan said:

Webb is stout.  I have a friend whose son plays on the team.  No underestimation here.  Yes ND is talented but could lose to SP.  I hope it doesn't take too many whoopings from the bigs of DII before our admin starts to 'bring in' some athletes.  

I think it'll be an interesting year. I defiantly think Webb is the favorite in D2-AA and a top 20 team this year.

A lot of people are high of ND. Having not seen them play it's hard for me to gage. People are predicting they will beat Baylor. Having followed D2 for years I would be absolutely shocked if ND kept it close much less beat Baylor. That being said I'll know more after Thursday.  

I retract the promise on ND because it's stupid to make a promise on a team you havnt seen. I do keep the promise with Webb though. Now way South Pitt could beat them.