Mitchell at Whitehaven

kwc

Mitchell at Whitehaven

Last season: Mitchell 8-5; Whitehaven 15-0

Why you need to be there: If you still want more action after Friday, the annual Whitehaven Classic concludes on Saturday with this backyard brawl. The teams have met 12 times since 2002 and Whitehaven has won all 12, including 33-0 last season. But neighborhood pride is at stake and few teams play Whitehaven as tough as Mitchell does. And they'll probably be selling smoked sausages which is always a good thing.  

The Commercial Appeal preseason Dandy Dozen No.1 team will host thw Mitchell Tigers in the 11th annual Whitehaven Classic on Saturday, August 19.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS RIVAL GAME BRINGS A GREAT GATE AND GAME EVENTHO DA HAVEN IS 6A  AND DA TIGERZ ARE 2A. NOW IN MY REGION MY OWLS ARE GETTING ROASTED FOR BEGINNING WITH A 2A TEAM IN TYNER AND THEY AINT NO CUPCAKE. IT WILL BE A BIG CROWD AND GOOD GAME AND A BIG GATE FOR TYNER WHO ARE BACK ON OUR SCHEDULE NOW THAT WEARE BACK IN 6A. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEASON:thumb:

#LOP

What's wrong with folks... What's realistic?!?!? We should be in the Semifinals every year and we are usually better and deeper than every area team and unless there's a Middle TN team with way more size and comparable athleticism we should beat them and go to the Title game. That's realistic. How much more realistic you want us to be. I Told you folks from Middle that we were the favorite against the almighty , unbeatable Oakland and you didn't want to hear it. Well with that being said whatever I or anyone says about Whitehaven should be looked at as LAW. The audacity of these folks. :roll:

5 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

What's wrong with folks... What's realistic?!?!? We should be in the Semifinals every year and we are usually better and deeper than every area team and unless there's a Middle TN team with way more size and comparable athleticism we should beat them and go to the Title game. That's realistic. How much more realistic you want us to be. I Told you folks from Middle that we were the favorite against the almighty , unbeatable Oakland and you didn't want to hear it. Well with that being said whatever I or anyone says about Whitehaven should be looked at as LAW. The audacity of these folks. :roll:

And that folks was the level headed, calm version from BHS.

KWC here I am. Will not make game this year, my first time missing classic while living in Memphis. We must find our offense. Defense will be good but against the Mighty Whitehaven we feel like what the spies said after scouting the promise land o Moses, "The Giants are so big that we are like grasshoppers in their eyes"

Edited by Galilee