Week 0: Knox Central @ Tennessee High

chsbobcat09

Well I certainly liked the fightback by the boys to make this one closer than I imagined after that horror start. Losing by 2 TDs is about what I predicted. If we played like we did in the 2nd half all year I see a very good season for the Vikings! The little things like wrapping up bit us in the end. Expect a dominant victory vs Lee next week...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, THSSpectre7 said:

Well I certainly liked the fightback by the boys to make this one closer than I imagined after that horror start. Losing by 2 TDs is about what I predicted. If we played like we did in the 2nd half all year I see a very good season for the Vikings! The little things like wrapping up bit us in the end. Expect a dominant victory vs Lee next week...

good overall game. I expected Tennessee to lay down when it was 27-6 but they fought back to make things interesting. either central is taking a step back or Tennessee will be better than last year. their QB was shifty and a ball player. 

1 minute ago, madhatter2269 said:

good overall game. I expected Tennessee to lay down when it was 27-6 but they fought back to make things interesting. either central is taking a step back or Tennessee will be better than last year. their QB was shifty and a ball player. 

I think Central didn't play its absolute best but that QB you lot have been talking about is certainly the truth. Courtland got bailed out a few times but he reminds me of Mahomes. Always gunning for the win, throwing caution to the wind. That can lead to stunning plays but also a easy interception (What a catch by Scott to save it though!) But the fight back is what is so different from last year and that's what gives me hope.

TSSAA  rules ??  How does a kid for Central get eligible to play under the following path .. ?? 1st he is at team A then transfers to team B and practices in spring practice with team B .. then in fall goes back to team A but is ineligible for team A cause he practices for team B in spring . Then he transfers the next spring to team C and practices in spring practice .. and then transfers to team D In fall and is eligible for team D ?? Won't make sense how he has practiced with 2 different teams in spring and after 1st spring he is ineligible in the fall but after the 2nd spring he goes to another team and is eligible ?? TSSAA ???????

10 hours ago, Tadvols said:

TSSAA  rules ??  How does a kid for Central get eligible to play under the following path .. ?? 1st he is at team A then transfers to team B and practices in spring practice with team B .. then in fall goes back to team A but is ineligible for team A cause he practices for team B in spring . Then he transfers the next spring to team C and practices in spring practice .. and then transfers to team D In fall and is eligible for team D ?? Won't make sense how he has practiced with 2 different teams in spring and after 1st spring he is ineligible in the fall but after the 2nd spring he goes to another team and is eligible ?? TSSAA ???????

have no clue who or what you're talking about.

44 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

have no clue who or what you're talking about.

I won't mention names .. but funny that he practiced in spring with 2 different teams was ineligible at the one in 2016 but is eligible at Central this year .. but oh well it's the TSSAA so who knows .. something fishy going on 

3 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

I won't mention names .. but funny that he practiced in spring with 2 different teams was ineligible at the one in 2016 but is eligible at Central this year .. but oh well it's the TSSAA so who knows .. something fishy going on 

If this is a clear violation (and a repeat offense), submit it to TSSAA.

17 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

exactly. you don't know what you're talking about or you would say it.

Some observations:

TENN HIGH:

• Definitely going to be better than last year's 2-8
  • Very tough against the run (except for Central's 1st offensive play)
  • #80 was just great, open all night long, made multiple clutch catches

CENTRAL:

• Central is going to win a lot of games, but just do not seem to be anywhere near the level of last year
  • #38 and #44 were very impressive on defense
  • #12 looked good on short passes, should have gone to him more often

SCOUTING:

Yes Vikings, you were being scouted for the Sept 1 Boone game.  Boone is going to be able to run on a lot of teams this year but I don't think we can beat you by running only, going to have to air it out.      Tenn High's pass defense is not as good as the run defense, unfortunately Boone's run game is way better than the passing game, so I'm not sure how it will work out.  On defense, Boone has to have #80 covered like a blanket.    He was wide open all night, I can't believe Central did not put someone on him like glue.    You can better believe that he will earn every catch against Boone, we cannot afford to make that same mistake.        Finally, great game Vikings, I really expected you to get blown out last night (especially after the 1st play!) but you gave Central everything they wanted, so even though its a loss you are going to have a good season.        Look forward to seeing you in Gray in a couple of weeks..