Goodpasture @ DCA

youthsportsPIX

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, youthsportsPIX said:

Wow did not expect that.  Yea not much of a game from the Cougars.  No excuses and too bad DCA did not get a chance to see the real Goodpasture team tonight.  I did want to point out that during the second offensive series,  a weird stomach bug hits #13 the starting QB who during a pre-snap cadence starting throwing up on the field and had to walk off the field puking. So 3rd string Freshmen QB comes in throws a INT results in a 90+ yard pick 6 TD.  That pretty much sums up this game for Goodpasture tonight who had 4 turnovers.  

Goodpasture will host Briarcrest  next week.   

Just curious, when the starter went out why did they go with a 3rd string freshman?  Why not the 2nd string QB?

6 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

Wow did not expect that.  Yea not much of a game from the Cougars.  No excuses and too bad DCA did not get a chance to see the real Goodpasture team tonight.  I did want to point out that during the second offensive series,  a weird stomach bug hits #13 the starting QB who during a pre-snap cadence starting throwing up on the field and had to walk off the field puking. So 3rd string Freshmen QB comes in throws a INT results in a 90+ yard pick 6 TD.  That pretty much sums up this game for Goodpasture tonight who had 4 turnovers.  

Your 1st string QB was running for his life the whole time he was in. He took some HUGE shots that not many kids can take. He's a gamer for sure though. He was harrassed into two interceptions before going out. That bug hit DCA's team this week and it was brutal. Starting tailback sat out much of the game. I hope he gets better.

BTW DCA had two costly turnovers and missed a routine touchdown throw that this QB will make 99/100 times. Really think this QB is a great kid, leader, and player for this team.  DCA went vanilla offensively from about last half of the 2nd Qtr through the remainder of the game. The score, had they opened up the offense like the can/will this year with the passing game, could have gotten out of hand IMO. 

Offensively Goodpasture couldn't run at or away from #54 nor could they throw it with your 1st string QB due mostly to his pressure. He was in the backfield and chasing down your QB's and RB's all night. Your tailback #4 is a tough, hard nosed , talented player but really took a beating in the game. My complete respect to him for his effort. One of my questions coming in though was how Goodpasture was going to block #54. Especially after seeing the scrimmage with Goodpasture last year where the QBs were not live, and couldn't get hit, but he was in the backfield almost every single play. He's just a tremendous athlete with size a 250 lbs and speed that you just don't see often in HS football. 

Lots of mistakes by DCA, missed assignments, costly penalties, and very poor tackling at times but they will improve just like Goodpasture as the season moves on. This score did suprise me a bit because I expected the speed to be similar, but had DCA ran their full offense this could have easily been a 48-7, 48-14 type game. With DCAs defensive speed it's going to be interesting to see how teams attack them.

Best of luck to Goodpasture! Great support from their fans and good sportsmanship on the field. Will be rooting for you guys this season. Will see you in girls soccer in a few weeks when little PC #19 plays at your place. Come out and watch her and her teammates YouthsportsPix. That game will likely be the equivalent of your great volleyball team against DCAs team. :) Coach Deering at Goodpasture is awesome and is in a class by herself.

Edited by Playerscoach

11 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

Lol. What is the real GCS team? After losing all that talent form a year ago this may very well be the real Goodpasture. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, Golden1 said:

I think Goodpasture will still be to much, even after loosing a lot.  DCA is always well coached, but just not enough to hang.

13 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

30-0 Final

DCA

Good, clean game. Best of luck to Goodpasture.

Certainly, did not expect that score.  Felt like it would have been a much closer game. Sounds like it never was close.  

Was surprised by the Nash Christian score as well!

Yea surprised NCS got beat as well.  

DCA was fast and can move the ball on the ground and the air. Took advantage of several turnovers and was never close from their first score 5 minutes into the first qrt.  DCA tried to let Goodpasture back in the game with a few penalties and a fumble after a punt with 3 seconds to go til half.   Elders was getting hit before he was getting the handoff and #53 is hard to block.  

I just watched the video and QB#13 left the game on the 3rd play of the Cougars first series and #12 Freshman came in handed the ball off a few times punted next series he threw 90 yard pick 6. Goodpasture Jr QB #13 who has started since he was a freshman only played a little over 7 minutes.  Not sure why #3 Junior who is a WR and was backup for last 2 years did not come in at that point?

Edited by youthsportsPIX

58 minutes ago, youthsportsPIX said:

Yea surprised NCS got beat as well.  

DCA was fast and can move the ball on the ground and the air. Took advantage of several turnovers and was never close from their first score 5 minutes into the first qrt.  DCA tried to let Goodpasture back in the game with a few penalties and a fumble after a punt with 3 seconds to go til half.   Elders was getting hit before he was getting the handoff and #53 is hard to block.  

I just watched the video and QB#13 left the game on the 3rd play of the Cougars first series and #12 Freshman came in handed the ball off a few times punted next series he threw 90 yard pick 6. Goodpasture Jr QB #13 who has started since he was a freshman only played a little over 7 minutes.  Not sure why #3 Junior who is a WR and was backup for last 2 years did not come in at that point?

Have a ton of respect for Goodpasture and their coaches. Coach Sonn is a DCA legend and one of the best coaches around. Coach Deering is the Pat Summit of volleyball and her husband is a great coach in his own right. All three are great people.

Good luck to you guys!

DCA was faster at every position for the most part. Also they had a very savvy quarterback who missed on a couple of throws that could've easily opened the run game up that was pretty much bottled up by GCS. DCA look to be playing a lot of iron man football as kid we're going both ways. Big ups to there conditioning. 

Not sure why GCS #3 didn't come right in! He definitely looked the part especially after the long throw before the half. Or the big question is why was # 13 ran in and out of the game after throwing up on the field 3 times in physical pain? Only to return for good and seemed to throw things in and out of rhythm. However not sure if it really would have mattered GCS O line looked out matched across the board. DCA #53 look to big and fast for the cougars. Going forward if GCS looks to make any noise in their District they will have to fix the leaks on the line. GCS # 4 ran hard breaking tackles in the backfield for positive yards given some space he will really make a difference for this cougar team. 

22 minutes ago, Gville said:

DCA was faster at every position for the most part. Also they had a very savvy quarterback who missed on a couple of throws that could've easily opened the run game up that was pretty much bottled up by GCS. DCA look to be playing a lot of iron man football as kid we're going both ways. Big ups to there conditioning. 

Not sure why GCS #3 didn't come right in! He definitely looked the part especially after the long throw before the half. Or the big question is why was # 13 ran in and out of the game after throwing up on the field 3 times in physical pain? Only to return for good and seemed to throw things in and out of rhythm. However not sure if it really would have mattered GCS O line looked out matched across the board. DCA #53 look to big and fast for the cougars. Going forward if GCS looks to make any noise in their District they will have to fix the leaks on the line. GCS # 4 ran hard breaking tackles in the backfield for positive yards given some space he will really make a difference for this cougar team. 

No chance GCS is gonna make noise in their District. Very possible they start out 0-8 en route to a 1-9 season. They very well may be the underdog in every game but 1 on their schedule. I think they do have a few injured that should help once they hit the field but not sure that will be enough. They have 3 DII-A schools on their schedule as well and I could see them losing all 3 of those. They just don't have the players to compete in DII-AA right now. They can't throw the ball so it makes it easy to defend them.

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

No chance GCS is gonna make noise in their District. Very possible they start out 0-8 en route to a 1-9 season. They very well may be the underdog in every game but 1 on their schedule. I think they do have a few injured that should help once they hit the field but not sure that will be enough. They have 3 DII-A schools on their schedule as well and I could see them losing all 3 of those. They just don't have the players to compete in DII-AA right now. They can't throw the ball so it makes it easy to defend them.

That 9th game vs South Pittsburg won't be a gimme win. We aren't that talented this season and are very young overall, but we will play hard.