Centennial 26, Ravenwood 23

BT Mafia

They had some success with the read option, speed sweeps and short passes in the flat but not overly consistent.  That might improve if they clean up some penalties.  One running back appears allergic to contact and the QB looked very average throwing the ball.  Put them up against a team that tackles well and they will struggle to score points.

give that new defensive minded genious of an energizer bunny, converted to offensive minded energizer bunny, time to get his stuff rockin.......as long as U raptinites can keep your new OC down to only 4 redbulls per game; thinkin them Raptors offensive will improve with each week and suprise 1 or 2 along the way

Booger just sayin  :D

25 minutes ago, Spotlight said:

It's crazy how average these two teams are this year.  Ravenwood has lost a few athletes to Nolensville but Centennial has no excuse.  Amazing what happens to programs when solid coaches leave.  Rector and Hester are quality coaches and hard to replace.  

I know nothing about the new Ravenwood coach but Kriesky did go 11-2 and to the 5A quarterfinals last year at Centennial. Could be a case of an ebb in the talent level as that can be cyclical at any school.  For instance, I didn't see anyone on either side that could compete with the likes of Van Jefferson and Chris Rowland or Tyrell Dodson and Deon Sanders.      

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2017 at 4:26 PM, BT Mafia said:

I know nothing about the new Ravenwood coach but Kriesky did go 11-2 and to the 5A quarterfinals last year at Centennial. Could be a case of an ebb in the talent level as that can be cyclical at any school.  For instance, I didn't see anyone on either side that could compete with the likes of Van Jefferson and Chris Rowland or Tyrell Dodson and Deon Sanders.      

Nothing against Coach Kriesky.  I just feel like he was riding the momentum from Coach Hesters strong teams.  Hester's Juniors graduated last year and the leaders of this years team had little to do with the success from two and three years ago.  Yes, they played last year and they won but the team I watched last week doesn't resemble the team from last year nor does it look like the teams from Hesters era.  No they don't have the talent but they don't have the swagger either.  I wish them well but will be surprised if they win 5 games this season.     

1 hour ago, Spotlight said:

Nothing against Coach Kriesky.  I just feel like he was riding the momentum from Coach Hesters strong teams.  Hester's Juniors graduated last year and the leaders of this years team had little to do with the success from two and three years ago.  Yes, they played last year and they won but the team I watched last week doesn't resemble the team from last year nor does it look like the teams from Hesters era.  No they don't have the talent but they don't have the swagger either.  I wish them well but will be surprised if they win 5 games this season.     

A little confused here.  Do you mean Kriesky rode the momentum from Rector?  You refer to Hester's teams but Kriesky is at Centennial and did not succeed Hester at Ravenwood.  So, which team do you expect to be .500 or under for the year?  Centennial has a killer schedule, (Indy, Cane Ridge, Riverdale, Brentwood, Franklin, etc) and Ravenwood appears to have some holes so neither team may get to five wins.

1 hour ago, Spotlight said:

Sorry, my mistake, Daniels at Ravenwood but its a similar situation with Kriesky at Centennial.  Both Ravenwood and Centennial will have a hard time going .500.        

Pretty big leap to make after watching just 1 game, at least on Centennial's part. Most everybody picked Centennial to finish near the bottom, yet they ended up winning their region.

Can't speak for Ravenwood, but Centennial is nursing some injuries right now of players that will be key contributors on both sides of the ball so to proclaim that as a sub .500 team after 1 game is premature

• Upvote 1