Friendship Christian at Trousdale County

After a 2-year break these two teams get back to the rivalry.

Friendship Christian is coming off a 49-0 win over Lancaster Christian. The disclaimer here is that Lancaster Christian only has 19 players on their roster and 3 of them are 8th graders (one of which is starting on the Oline).

Trousdale County is coming off a 10-6 win over Lebanon. The defense played tight but the offense needs some work and there are some things to fix.

This has been a back-and-forth rivalry. Going back to 2005 Trousdale County has the edge in this matchup 8-5. Of interest is that in 8 of the 13 matchups the margin has been +14 points. Also Trousdale County is 6-2 on the creekbank and Friendship is 3-2 at home.

7 hours ago, CommanderMan said:

I don't have a clue about FCS. We haven't been good the last few years so who knows. Is this TC team as good as the 2005-2010 teams? 

I would respectfully disagree about them not being good the last couple of years.  FCS played Webb, USJ, St. George's, and BGA the last couple of years when they switched to DII.  The private school switch put them up against schools that were double/triple their size compared to the 2A squads they won back to back State Championships against (same size schools).  All of those schools were moved up to DII-AA based on school registration numbers.  

Webb should be playing  DII-AAA like BA/Ensworth but Webb doesn't challenge itself.  The bad news for Webb is they will now at least have to play squads in the playoffs with the same registration numbers.  They can no longer play down just to win State.

By 9/15 FCS will know what this squad is after playing TC, Goodpasture, and DCA.  The DCA game will decide the #1 seed in the playoffs for the East bracket.

13 hours ago, CommanderMan said:

I don't have a clue about FCS. We haven't been good the last few years so who knows. Is this TC team as good as the 2005-2010 teams? 

Don't know if TC is that good yet but the defense seems to be better but they have lot weapons on offense they have more depth just a young  team the first 3 games will tell lot about this TC team but they are loaded at the skills position and they have lot of size 

21 hours ago, RTD said:

This will be great game both teams always step up and play each other tight and most of the time it always come down to final few min in 4th 

I went back and looked at the past games when making this thread and actually more often than not it has been a blowout. In 8 of the last 13 matchups the outcome has been by multiple touchdowns and several times been +30-0 either way.

48 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I went back and looked at the past games when making this thread and actually more often than not it has been a blowout. In 8 of the last 13 matchups the outcome has been by multiple touchdowns and several times been +30-0 either way.

Really I always thought past games where close but I knew their was some blowouts but +30 wow that's a great stat