Union City @ Peabody

TPeabodyGT

was able to drive in from work in Nashville area back to Trenton to see the game.  The way most of the first half was going, I was getting a little worried.  but things turned around and our guys out gut checked Trenton in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  we have some injuries and needs some heal time.  I had read a 2 or 3 weeks ago in the Jackson sun about the big kid from Trenton, #8, not impressed. suppose to be a superstar player,  if he is suppose to be that good to possibly play d1 and only had one pass thrown to him all night, he might play at bethel or some school of such.  u c needed a gut check and it happened.  we can get kids healthy, should play well the rest of the season.  Trenton had several huge players but small in number from years past.  I was not, I say NOT impressed with their crowd.  common folks, you had enough folks there for a good b game.  get out and support your team.  go tornadoes !  hope I can get to one or two more games later in the season.  I had this game circled and was able to only see the jamboree game earlier this year due to out of town travel and work. 

Good game to watch, came down to the wire.  UC still runs a very effective veer and it definitely looked like it took its toll on the Trenton defense especially in the 4th quarter.  I don't know the stats but I would imagine the UC time of possession and first downs was up there.  Trenton played a hard fought game and was definitely going through an adjustment period with the offensive changes due to injury, unfortunately UC is a hard team to do that against.  This region is hard to get a read on after this one  and TCA Beating  Adamsville!

As I expected, a tough hard fought game. We still have a few mistakes to address and adjustments to make. However, much improved over the first two games. Even from the first half to the second half the improvement was evident. Our defense has started to gel. Glad to see some passing. Our line needs a little work on pass protection, but that game is outside our norm. Atlas is right, this game may be a defining moment in our season. Proud of our boys.

My take on UC's play last night.  The 1st quarter and about half of the 2nd quarter it was par for the course.  We played about the same as we have been playing.  Then suddenly,  it was like someone flipped a switch and we became who we have been for the last few years. I saw this happen once before in 2013 in the last 2 minutes of the regular season game against Humboldt.  From that point we went 38-0 and won 2 Championships. I believe we will only get better from here on out.  I loved the way our guys responded after the win last night.  They needed that big time.  

It is always hard to play good teams without their best players, but no excuse. UC is the real deal. The only  way to beat them at this point is to outscore them. There defense is stout. Our (Peabody) backup qb is a good athlete who did his best under pressure all night. The starter that is out is a difference maker. He is a pin point passer who sees the field very well and he would have connected with those open receivers.  The back up will get better but he is a better receiver. But boy he made some pretty good passes at times. This will only make us better. UC lost some good players last year to injury and it took its toll on them. I hop both teams are healthy when they meet again in the playoffs. I was very upset last night with both crowds. Not your typical UC/Peabody Crowd.

Edited by allgoodlf

4 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

My take on UC's play last night.  The 1st quarter and about half of the 2nd quarter it was par for the course.  We played about the same as we have been playing.  Then suddenly,  it was like someone flipped a switch and we became who we have been for the last few years. I saw this happen once before in 2013 in the last 2 minutes of the regular season game against Humboldt.  From that point we went 38-0 and won 2 Championships. I believe we will only get better from here on out.  I loved the way our guys responded after the win last night.  They needed that big time.