ANDERSON CO. @ CLINTON

92Dragon

6 hours ago, dkota44 said:

Here is a nice little write up and stat breakdown of the Dragons so far.

Ok that should be enough for the Mavs to be worried. I told you Clinton just possibly could be a sleeper. Mav fans better not take Clinton lightly. Mavs better come out with both barrels loaded and they must hang on to the ball as it appears Clinton is good with turnovers and interceptions!!!

Viewing Clintons opponents and scores compared to what AC has done I think AC gets the Win comfortably.  From what I have heard AC handled Scott pretty good in pre season and blew out Carter and should have been worse than what it was and they beat Seymore which played Clinton tough.  I like the direction Clinton is headed and think they hit a home run with Mckamey (forgive my spelling lol), but I just think AC has too much for them this year.  All rivalries have surprises, so look for Clinton to do some good things, but in the end it will be all AC I believe.  Mason and Gallahar have big nights Friday and Stanton will hit some big plays.

AC: 41

Clinton: 14

1 hour ago, Mav4life said:

Viewing Clintons opponents and scores compared to what AC has done I think AC gets the Win comfortably.  From what I have heard AC handled Scott pretty good in pre season and blew out Carter and should have been worse than what it was and they beat Seymore which played Clinton tough.  I like the direction Clinton is headed and think they hit a home run with Mckamey (forgive my spelling lol), but I just think AC has too much for them this year.  All rivalries have surprises, so look for Clinton to do some good things, but in the end it will be all AC I believe.  Mason and Gallahar have big nights Friday and Stanton will hit some big plays.

AC: 41

Clinton: 14

I can agree with that. I think AC has too much firepower this year and I think Clinton's output on defense, while impressive is a little overblown by the competition they've played. To be honest though neither team has played any good teams to this point. 

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I can agree with that. I think AC has too much firepower this year and I think Clinton's output on defense, while impressive is a little overblown by the competition they've played. To be honest though neither team has played any good teams to this point. 

oh trust me, I know we have not played anyone yet lol.  I just hope this schedule does not backfire on us when we do play some good teams AKA Greenville in the playoffs.  AC has not finished healthy in a few years and it has really hurt down the stretch due to depth and talent once you get past the starters.  Hopefully we can build depth and stay healthy and maybe surprise someone when we get in the playoffs.  The problem is that everyone else will have been tested and we will not, that scares me, but we will see.  Still a good group and I think that next year they will be even better, but nothing gets you ready like playing good teams.

8 hours ago, Space3 said:

They Forfeit? lol JK

I will not go out on a limb on a rivalry game especially when neither team has been tested yet. I went out on limb picking OR to systematically dismantle CC and lost on it. Watching CC play against some fairly easy teams early and struggled to win and looking at OR that we're tested and we seen what happened. OR could not stop the CC passing game like I thought they would. OR is fast and good but the OL and DL are having some issues. So taking all that into consideration it would really be hard to say Clinton will not be ready come Friday. And based on the games I am showing Clinton, OR and CC about the same calibration. I might be wrong but too early to say Mavs will win and do it big style.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I will not go out on a limb on a rivalry game especially when neither team has been tested yet. I went out on limb picking OR to systematically dismantle CC and lost on it. Watching CC play against some fairly easy teams early and struggled to win and looking at OR that we're tested and we seen what happened. OR could not stop the CC passing game like I thought they would. OR is fast and good but the OL and DL are having some issues. So taking all that into consideration it would really be hard to say Clinton will not be ready come Friday. And based on the games I am showing Clinton, OR and CC about the same calibration. I might be wrong but too early to say Mavs will win and do it big style.

Like I've said before, I still don't know what to expect from Clinton. Friday nights game will answer a lot of unknowns. 

AC could very well win by 40 or 50 points. AC has won like 15 or 16 straight games and most of them haven't even been close. But I like our chances!! 

This game could come down to who wants it the most. I know our boys are very hungry right now. They believe in this coaching staff and are buying into what they are teaching them. Clinton may not win another game all season, but like I've said, I think they are heading in the right direction. We are very blessed to have McKamey, Gaylor, and the rest of the coaching staff.