Whitwell vs Copper Basin

WingoVFL

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They are one of the top 10 teams in 1A this season. Again, I don't call them world beaters, but for Whitwell.... they are good. 

Only time will tell. They were in the top ten at one point last year too if I'm not mistaken. So that being an argument that they are good doesn't work either.. because they weren't good last year. lol I can do this all day bass... I do construction work and it's raining outside... I have all day  Haha

1 minute ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

Good luck to the tigers Friday and the rest of the season. Don't take it that I'm knocking you guys or what y'all have up there...I just need more solid proof right now...that's all... 

I don't think anyone should take it as a knock. I agree  Whitwell still has a lot to prove . I disagree where you say this is the same team the Pirates beat like a drum. Different schemes and better coached from last year. Also I dont think the Pirates are as good as last year yet. They will probably get there but still have a long way to go as does Whitwell. 

14 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I don't think anyone should take it as a knock. I agree  Whitwell still has a lot to prove . I disagree where you say this is the same team the Pirates beat like a drum. Different schemes and better coached from last year. Also I dont think the Pirates are as good as last year yet. They will probably get there but still have a long way to go as does Whitwell. 

Agreed. There are a lot of different factors and think that is why the hype is high. New faces schemes and actually winning ball games now. It's something to be happy about I'm not saying anything like that. I'm glad you understand where I was coming from bud. And I agree SP Is not as good as last year right now and lots of work to do just like most teams this early in the season.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

4 minutes ago, PiratePrideChamp said:

Agreed. There are a lot of different factors an drew I think that is why the hype is high. New faces schemes and actually winning ball games now. It's something to be happy about I'm not saying anything like that. I'm glad you understand where I was coming from bud. And I agree SP Is not as good as last year right now and lots of work to do just like most teams this early in the season.

Nothing wrong with waiting  to see how they do against better competition. Lets face it Boyd isnt a very good football team at all. SP and Whitwell beat them like a drum. Bledsoe is a little better than last year but still not a very good team. Copper this week wont tell us anything. We should know how good the Tigers are before we go to SP. Signal, Polk and TC should tell us a lot. As of right now the Pirates have the better win in beating Sequatchie. 

Edited by TigerfootballFan

12 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Nothing wrong with waiting  to see how they do against better competition. Lets face it Boyd isnt a very good football team at all. SP and Whitwell beat them like a drum. Bledsoe is a little better than last year but still not a very good team. Copper this week wont tell us anything. We should know how good the Tigers are before we go to SP. Signal, Polk and TC should tell us a lot. As of right now the Pirates have the better win in beating Sequatchie. 

That's is a very good post,couldn't agree more 

Whitwell has a good group of athletes that are juniors. They are missing one key player who didn't play this year that grew up playing with these guys. He would make a difference. Do I think they could beat SP, Signal, or TC? No. But, for the first time in a long time you can't look at the schedule and say oh it's just another W on the schedule. You actually have to gameplan for them. I agree with what ambassador has said that they are a third round team.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:12 PM, PurplePower68 said:

Polk beat CB by 21. Whitwell should do that or at least by 28. If not then Polk will be a tough game for the Tigers as well. They played East Ridge tough last week and seem to be turning the corner in Benton. Don't get me wrong because I believe Whitwell has a good team. They're fixing to have a tough stretch in a couple weeks.

Agree!

19 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

It's all about the past. The Tigers have always had to play 2nd Fiddle to SP and MC both in county schools and Sequatchie, a border school to the north. Let face it they get little or no respect!  Yes, Respect is earned and to me as past MC grad and now that I have a son on Signals team, Respect is driven home even more! You have to look in the mirror even more and tell yourself you are just as good as MC and SP. and when the opportunity presents it's self they have to put the past behind them and move forward. Because today is today and these players can only control today! and they deserve RESPECT or their program and all that they accomplish!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The Payner has spoken! Preach it brother. Whitwell is a quarterfinal type team this season. They might could beat SP, but in no way, shape, form, or fashion are they winning a gold ball. 

Coalfield will represent the East. I think SP and Whitwell will play twice this season. Going to be fun.