Overton, rebuilding or is it something else.

fb247

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Before the season started I thought Overton could go 5-5 this year. They lost a lot of talent and obviously its had an impact. Now I would say they will have at least a chance to go 4-6. They should compete with everyone left on their schedule except for CR.

And that will get them in the playoffs... 

1 hour ago, bleacher said:

And that will get them in the playoffs... 

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Before the season started I thought Overton could go 5-5 this year. They lost a lot of talent and obviously its had an impact. Now I would say they will have at least a chance to go 4-6. They should compete with everyone left on their schedule except for CR.

They have McGavock (4-1) this week and if they lose they are eliminated (barring some crazy upsets) from the playoffs.

5 hours ago, fb247 said:

Because?

Overton has always sucked. Don't want to hear excuses that all other metro teams deal with. Demographics limit every metro school. You either get it done or you don't. People around Overton will tell you that they have too many me players. I say they have too many me coaches. Attitude is a reflection of leadership. Overton sucks.

Demographics always plays a part in every school. In metro at one time every ESL student attended Hillsboro. Once the numbers got too high for Hillsboro to hold they had to go to their zoned schools. Every school in metro is different. The ESL populations at schools like Antioch, Glencliff, and Overton are much more diverse than say schools like Hillsboro, Maplewood, Stratford, etc. Antioch and Glencliff have a large Hispanic population. Glencliff also has a large Kurdish population. Overton is very similar to Glencliff but they have an even larger Kurdish population. Look at how Antioch and Overton do in soccer compared to some of the other metro schools. Walk through the halls like Bigchief stated and you will see the differences.