Gallatin (3-0) vs Mt. Juliet (3-0) in the Bear Den

thegreatone36

What an intriguing matchup this coming friday! Not much beats a classic Green Wave vs Bears showdown. One of the top 5A's vs one of the top 6A's this year.

Mt Juliet is 3-0, and has outscored its opponents 128-0. With two opponents not crossing midfield. Impressive stuff happening offensively too with Raines being the primary guy. ALTHOUGH, start getting used to the name Reggie Grimes (RB). He's just a sophomore, but kid is a big tall fast figure that will be used in this game more than the previous 3, you can book it. Guy already has big time D1 college offers and he's in 10th grade. Along with solid line play and wideouts, they are a well balanced offense.

As for Gallatin, they have a stellar defense themselves, that swarm to the ball and like to punish the ball carrier. Offensively, they have weapons available, but for some reason they only show out in stints here and there. I'd like to see that group put together a solid 4 quarters for the first time this year, because the Mt Juliet defense is no joke. We all wish #1 Ladarious the best for his recovery, and he is a big part of the offense. But, it's next man up and the men will understand that they will need to carry more weight to make up for it.

I think special teams play and field position will be the key factor in this game's outcome. Mt. Juliet will have a slight edge with homefield advantage and an extra day's rest. Oh, I expect a good crowd to watch two undefeated rivals go at it, so let's get it on! I'll personally hold off on any score predictions. Go Green Wave.

Edited by thegreatone36

Was wrrong about Gallatin last week. Great win for the Wave. I did not realize Hillsboro was so undisciplined. 

This week will prove different. The Wave defense I don't think can handle the ground attack from Mt Juliet. The Wave offense will struggle without their starting tailback if he is out. Either way I don't believe Gallatin has enough for Mt. Juliet. 

Been wrong before, that is the way I see it.  

It is another good rivalry that goes way back.

I've been anticipating this game since week zero. There is no doubt this is a big matchup and it definitely needs recognition from the media. Two undefeated teams facing off in what should be an excellent atmosphere in Mount Juliet. With all due respect to Gallatin, if MJ wants to be in the upper echelon of the state ranks than they need to beat good or really good teams like Gallatin. MJ has done a lot of talking on twitter about not getting respect from the 6a polls, well here is there chance to make it known we are a great team. 

Defensively I think this is where both teams matchup well, Gallatin has a stingy run defense but their corners can be beat in the pass game. On the other end MJ hasn't been tested in the pass game yet so it's yet to be determined how that will workout against a solid Gallatin pass attack. MJ has a stout run defense as most of the starters are seniors who have played years together. 

Offensively this is where things get alittle separated with me. MJ has shown it can score at will with a ferocious run game led  by  Aidan Raines and Reggie Grimes(sophomore) also Marcelo Walton can tote the ball quite well. The pass game has been surprisingly efficient with Cody Glass completing 16-23 passes on the year so far for several TD's. MJ is loaded with talent all over the offense. As for Gallatin the lose of number 1 LD is crucial for their success. They have a bruiser in number 2 but they lost a lot of speed with the injury of #1. Their QB can chuck the ball with accuracy and has a few good weapons for wideouts.

Offense- edge to MJ

Defense- stalemate

Special teams- stalemate

side note to Gallatin fans, you have the most annoying horn that plays way too frequently within the crowd and reminds me how bad ear induced torture really can be.

Good luck to both teams.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I've been anticipating this game since week zero. There is no doubt this is a big matchup and it definitely needs recognition from the media. Two undefeated teams facing off in what should be an excellent atmosphere in Mount Juliet. With all due respect to Gallatin, if MJ wants to be in the upper echelon of the state ranks than they need to beat good or really good teams like Gallatin. MJ has done a lot of talking on twitter about not getting respect from the 6a polls, well here is there chance to make it known we are a great team. 

Defensively I think this is where both teams matchup well, Gallatin has a stingy run defense but their corners can be beat in the pass game. On the other end MJ hasn't been tested in the pass game yet so it's yet to be determined how that will workout against a solid Gallatin pass attack. MJ has a stout run defense as most of the starters are seniors who have played years together. 

Offensively this is where things get alittle separated with me. MJ has shown it can score at will with a ferocious run game led  by  Aidan Raines and Reggie Grimes(sophomore) also Marcelo Walton can tote the ball quite well. The pass game has been surprisingly efficient with Cody Glass completing 16-23 passes on the year so far for several TD's. MJ is loaded with talent all over the offense. As for Gallatin the lose of number 1 LD is crucial for their success. They have a bruiser in number 2 but they lost a lot of speed with the injury of #1. Their QB can chuck the ball with accuracy and has a few good weapons for wideouts.

Offense- edge to MJ

Defense- stalemate

Special teams- stalemate

side note to Gallatin fans, you have the most annoying horn that plays way too frequently within the crowd and reminds me how bad ear induced torture really can be.

Good luck to both teams.

I agree to 90% of this post except you left out one thing.  And that thing is important.  Mt Juliet has not played a good team yet.  Competition is 0-9.  I think Gallatin would have inflated offensive numbers with those teams.  

If the weather is good expect a packed house!!!

22 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I agree to 90% of this post except you left out one thing.  And that thing is important.  Mt Juliet has not played a good team yet.  Competition is 0-9.  I think Gallatin would have inflated offensive numbers with those teams.  

If the weather is good expect a packed house!!!

That point fit in between the lines when I said we must beat a good team to gain respect. So to me we are 0-0 heading into the Gallatin game. Btw I saw the Hillsboro game, yes the Burros were athletic, but far from what the Wave will see Friday night. The atmosphere should be intense. 

15 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

That point fit in between the lines when I said we must beat a good team to gain respect. So to me we are 0-0 heading into the Gallatin game. Btw I saw the Hillsboro game, yes the Burros were athletic, but far from what the Wave will see Friday night. The atmosphere should be intense. 

Hey at the beginning of the season I looked at the schedule and saw Hillsboro and MJ back to back and I thought if we come out 2-2 after those games we could still be in decent shape.  3-0 is great heading into this game.  I work with a lot of MJ faithful so it should be a fun week at work.  This contest always holds a few surprises.  

I thought we started out flat in the first quarter btw.  I think Gallatin just had to get more intense as the game went along.  After the first quarter the Hillsboro running game was not nearly as effective.  

Edited by GWAVE1

Yeah when your first 3 opponents are a combined 0-9 you aren't gonna get much love in the polls.

They need to look good in this game if they want respect. Because its very possible that Gallatin and Hendersonville will be the only teams on their schedule to finish with a winning record.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Yeah when your first 3 opponents are a combined 0-9 you aren't gonna get much love in the polls.

They need to look good in this game if they want respect. Because its very possible that Gallatin and Hendersonville will be the only teams on their schedule to finish with a winning record.

Mcgavock is 3-0, Rossview is 2-1 and just handily beat Wilson Central, Clarksville NW is 2-1, Gallatin is 3-0, and then Hendersonville ????

Mcgavock is 3-0, Rossview is 2-1 and just handily beat Wilson Central, Clarksville NW is 2-1, Gallatin is 3-0, and then Hendersonville ????

Rossview and Clarksville NW are both 1-2 with at least 3 guaranteed losses left on the schedule.

Wilson Central is pretty bad this year they will be lucky to win 3 games.

McGavock is 3-0 but have probably played the 3 easiest games on their schedule. They were a referee error away from going to overtime against Lebanon.

If any of those above do have a winning record it won't be anything better than 5-5.

Gallatin and Hendersonville are both pretty good and the only ones that we can sit here right now and say will have a winning record.

17 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Rossview and Clarksville NW are both 1-2 with at least 3 guaranteed losses left on the schedule.

Wilson Central is pretty bad this year they will be lucky to win 3 games.

McGavock is 3-0 but have probably played the 3 easiest games on their schedule. They were a referee error away from going to overtime against Lebanon.

If any of those above do have a winning record it won't be anything better than 5-5.

Gallatin and Hendersonville are both pretty good and the only ones that we can sit here right now and say will have a winning record.

Must've got teams mixed up, My mistake... nonetheless Hendersonville, Gallatin, and mcgavock (for now) make MJ's schedule somewhat competitive. Also Rossview must have some talent to beat a decent Wilson Central team who almost beat Beech...