COACHT DISCRIMINATES

wildcats7

Guest Wildcats22

you retard i only have one name on this freakin board! did you ever think that maybe those other people could be people i know! man way to use your head. you really nailed that one.

the only reason i said anything concerning all the banned posters in because they can't get on here long enough without being kicked off to defend themselves.

i am very thankful for coacht and all the other people that help to make this site as good as it is. the only reason i said anything is because i think the site is much more interesting when the banned posters get to post. they are absolutely hilarious! coacht, how can you say that they don't talk about sports? i mean everything they say concerns football and even if it didn't, you let other people get on here and talk about stupid stuff like best restrooms. who cares!

that's all i got to say. peace! :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuz can mean friend or someone's cousin. You are from Tennessee and know Ya'll means you all. Most americans would know Ya'll, but it is not proper etiquette of talking. CoachT has stated that he doesnot remove persons because of ebonics. The only thing I see is that the difference between ebonics and some Tennessee slang is color, mostly referring ebonics to black slang. For that reason I posted on this thread, not about CoachT. He has done a fine job of managing this board.

To Wes....please review your thoughts about classifying slang because you are not familiar with some terms. I can talk country, slang, ebonics, or proper english. I never put down someone because of their content. Remember.....you are only as smart as the conversation you are in. Things we are educated about are only microscopic compared to the things we do not know.

I've made over 1200 posts on this board and never gotten removed, so it is very possible.

Some were offensive, some were dumb, and some were actually worthwhile.

djpaulcousin had a thread that was just about giving him good marks...that was stupid and had nothing to do with sports...He was on this site for the wrong reason. I would love to have guys on here that would talk about sports, life, politics, or something else that is seemingly worthwhile. CoachT is a great individual, he is doing his best to make this a free site. Every friday night he goes out of his way to provide pictures of teams. Are you the one paying for his gas? Or his time away from his family? Or the money it costs to go to these games? Or the money it costs to have this site? What about if CoachT gets lost or in an accident, did you ever think about that? I'm sure his family is not too thrilled about him going to west TN to provide pictures of football teams. CoachT does an excellent job with this site, and he doesn't have to do any of this. For you to sit here and complain because he has some rules is absurd. If you do not like it here, then simply do not come. It is his website, he can discriminate or run it the way that he sees fit. You wouldn't want a website that was just filled with jargon and rubbish...it would be a waste of time. It would be like one of those AOL Chatrooms you go to, where it is just people cursing and jabbering on and on about things that mean nothing.

I think this is a great site, and I wouldn't change one darn thing about it...I live 6 hours from home, and I get to hear about my old high school and how they are doing in basketball and football games...I get to hear about my rivals, and teams that my school might face in the playoffs and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I get to hear about other schools and how good they are. This has been a great experience, and I just wanted to say thank you CoachT for all that you do.

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 11-22-02 12:20A]

If one wishes to communicate, which means that the other people understand what you are talking about, one should use language that most of the people can understand. To do otherwise is STUPID!!!!! I do not care whose slang it is, if it cannot be understood by the ones receiving the message, it is useless blabber. It does not matter who the speaker is or wheather they are black, white or purple. By using the slang to communicate with those who do not understand it shows the speaker's stupidity, not the hearer's.

Slang is for private conversation with one's close associates. There is an accepted level for formal or public communication. It is more formal and is a higher level of

English than I or you use in private conversation. By the way, communication is the goal. Some people seem to think showing their posteriors (to some of you that is the same as a three letter word beginning with an "a" and ending with "ss") is the goal. Lack of communication IS NOT cool.

The bottom line is that for there to be communication both sides must understand what is being said. The fact of the matter is, most of the people on this board are white, middle class males that are over thirty years old. We do not understand all forms of slang. Therefore, by using ebonics or whatever form of slang some of these people use, these people are not communicating. I am sorry but I do not think it would be proper to kill off the majority of the population so that these people would be in the majority.

Slang is not the only problem I have with language on this board or any other for that matter. It appears that many supposedly educated people have no more than a third grade understanding of the English language. It would take me too long to go into all of the misuse of words etc. that I am talking about. Bottom line is that if you are a coach I expect better and please clean it up or someone needs to take your teaching job from you. Examples: there for their or they are; their for they are; your for you are or you're.

I expect that typing errors will occur, but these are not typing errors. If it is a problem with proofreading, then some should put as much time and effort into proofreading what they write as they expect out of the athletes we talk about, and have enough pride in themselves to do it right. Think about it.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 11-22-02 7:14A]

Very well stated. Use proper english people! Go back to school and introduce yourselves to commas and periods. We will all misspell words, but give us a break in your sentences!! One more thing, calling people retards,morons, stupid, and idiots will only hurt your chances with other people. It also makes you sound uneducated and a student in elementary school

As for wescharge....are you running for govenor? I heard you were.

Just like the Augusta National, the original members can make up their own club and rules, if CoachT does not want you here, SEE YA. That goes to someone with 1 post or 3,000.

CoachT, I am new and I just wanted to say keep up the good work and I appreciate all you do for the Tennessee sports fan. I finally was able to get cable access so I can get on here and it is addicting!!

[Edited by thebeave on 11-22-02 7:48A]

Guest Wildcats22

man for those that said the reason that they got banned was because they didn't type about sports should go and read the cheerleading board. it is probably the best basketball board i have ever read! kick em off coacht! they are not talking about basketball! :o