Gordonsville at Republic

steelcityroller

A region matchup between 1-3 Gordonville and 0-3 Republic this week.

Gordonsville is having a bit of a down year and are 1-3 at the moment. However they have probably already played the 3 toughest games on their schedule. Looking ahead it wouldn't shock me to see them finish 6-4 or even win out and go 7-3 playing in this region.

Republic is a new school and are currently 0-3. However it should be noted that they have played powers Pearl Cohn and Oakland along with a 3-1 Clay County team that is playing above expectations. So this will be a good test to see where they are at against a Gordonsville team that is traditionally pretty tough.

Gordonsville 21

Republic 6

47 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

There was a guy on here awhile back saying that Republic wouldn't lose another region game after they lost to Clay County. I told him to make sure and watch this game.

A new school just learned that you respect Gordonsville even when they might be in a down year.

Republic has a lot to learn this year! I watched their film against Clay and if Clay handled them like that they in for it rest of year! 

1 hour ago, TALMAD said:

Republic has a lot to learn this year! I watched their film against Clay and if Clay handled them like that they in for it rest of year! 

Maybe not the rest of the year. I think for sure they will have problems with Monterey and JB. But they should beat Pickett County and have a close game against RBS.

They play Glencliff next week and that should be interesting. Glencliff is a 5A school but they are pretty bad. They lost to a Ezell-Harding (1-4) team that lost 50-6 to 2A Westmoreland. Glencliff is 4-42 since 2013 and 3 of those wins have been by a combined 5 points. They are also currently on a 21-game losing streak.

9 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Maybe not the rest of the year. I think for sure they will have problems with Monterey and JB. But they should beat Pickett County and have a close game against RBS.

They play Glencliff next week and that should be interesting. Glencliff is a 5A school but they are pretty bad. They lost to a Ezell-Harding (1-4) team that lost 50-6 to 2A Westmoreland. Glencliff is 4-42 since 2013 and 3 of those wins have been by a combined 5 points. They are also currently on a 21-game losing streak.

I don't think they are that bad of a team! I am sure they will be a good team in a couple years! Like you said though!  You don't ever say your going to beat Gville even on a down year! I was thinking after Monterey beat JB that the Monterey vs Gville would be for Region! I was never over looking Clay! To me I think Clay, Monterey, JB and Gville are on level playing fields this year with Clay having their best team I have seen in several years and Gville down and Monterey and JB about equal! I just don't see Clay winning out! All 4 of these teams will play close this year!  I think when end of October Comes these 4 teams will represent just not sure in what order! A lot of important games still left!