8-AA 2017

tnhoosier

8AA SUPERLATIVES 

COY- McWilliams, Upperman

MVP- Levy, Sr UHS

1ST TEAM - Carter, So Macon - Smith, Jr York - Hurst, Sr Upperman - Johnson, Fr York - Scott, Sr Cannon

2ND TEAM - Gregory, Fr Macon - Hurst, Fr Upperman - Bullington, Sr Macon - Colwell, So DeKalb - Sissom, So Cannon

3RD TEAM - West, Jr Smith - Shoulders, Fr Macon - Parker, Sr Livingston - Shrum, So Upperman - Fann, So Cannon

HONORABLE MENTION - Conatser, Kaufman, Meeks, Brown, Ruch, Rogers, Hammock, Ashburn, Moore, Shoulders, McClellan, Brooks, Dickens, Allison and Luttrell

DEFENSIVE MVP- Carter, So Macon

DEFENSIVE TEAM - Levy, Sr Upperman - Johnson, Fr York - Hurst, Sr Upperman - Ruch, So DeKalb - Shrum, So Upperman 

FOY- Johnson, York

FRESHMAN TEAM - Gregory, Macon - Hurst, Upperman - Shoulders, Macon - Brooks, Upperman - Reagan, York

MOST IMPROVED- Colwell, DeKalb

Edited by tnhoosier

3 hours ago, jimbo44 said:

Anyone know when the date/times will be released?

Tues 2/13 6:00, #6 Livingston vs #7 Smith Co

Wed 2/14 6:00, #5 DeKalb Co vs #8 Watertown

Thur 2/15 6:00, #3 York vs Livingston/Smith winner

Fri 2/16 6:00, #4 Cannon Co vs DeKalb/Watertown winner

Sat 2/17 3:00, #2 Macon Co vs York/Livingston/Smith

Sat 2/17 6:00, #1 Upperman vs Cannon/DeKalb/Watertown

Mon 2/19 6:00, Consolation Game

Mon 2/19 7:30, Championship Game

All games at Eblen Center, TTU 

13 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Absolutely the most asinine district tournament setup I’ve ever seen. I would never agree to one team getting a double bye in a district tournament.  

Yet several other districts use it. A quote from the 8AA boys board.

Just to name a few... 10AA has 8 teams and uses the same format. 7AAA and 8AAA have 7 teams and uses a double bye for 1 and 2. 10AAA same format... I didn't look very long but I guess maybe coaches are looking for something different. Probably will eventually go back to the old way at some point. I think giving the byes makes the regular season mean something. College conferences do it. Why not try it in high school?

Hats off to the 8AA administrators and TTU to allowing the tournament teams to experience big gym atmosphere.  Whitch ever teams win out, they will have experienced the open space behind the backboard depth perception.  That will help them as they move on.  It will be a state tourney like atmosphere on Saturday for the semifinals.

Edited by jimbo44

13 minutes ago, jimbo44 said:

Hats off to the 8AA administrators and TTU to allowing the tournament teams to experience big gym atmosphere.  Whitch ever teams win out, they will have experienced the open space behind the backboard depth perception.  That will help them as they move on.  It will be a state tourney like atmosphere on Saturday for the semifinals.

What are the game times for Saturday Jimbo?

DTC Sports is excited to announce that we will be televising the District 8-AA Tournament Championship and Consolation games LIVE on Monday and Tuesday, February 19-20, from Tennessee Tech's Hooper-Eblen Center! Read more about our tournament coverage, and follow the District 8-AA Tournament at https://dtc3.tv/2018/02/14/dtc-sports-to-televise-district-8-aa-tournament-championships-consolations-live/