Fayetteville City takes on Richland in region 5 1-A

Varo

Wow!  Do we have some inferiority issues?  Obviously Camper MCrdad you haven't seen this young man play.  You are welcome to come to any of our other games and see how he can affect the outcome.  Did he shine Friday, no, but then the rest of the team didn't.  Our team success is not because of one player but because of the team.  Our collective team effort was not firing Friday.  Moore County won the game because they swarmed on defense, blitzed our quarterback and disrupted the timing, and their special teams put them in a good position on punt and kickoff returns.  They were successful enough to win the game.   It obviously didn't help us that we were penalized so many times for so many yards called back.   Did the refs call an even game?  As a fan of course I'll say no, but a good, mature team has to overcome ALL obstacles and adversity.  We're working on it.

Brandon Moore is extremely talented and besides all that on the field, off the field he is very gracious, down to earth, and appreciative of the attention the fans (and opposing teams ) give him.  He was good enough last year to be in the top five finalists for the Mr. Football award, and if he continues again this year, should also be in contention.  Overrated?  I hardly think so.   Let's wait until the end of the season and you and your newbie attitude can talk all you want after the post-season.  If you get there.  Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Varo said:

Wow!  Do we have some inferiority issues?  Obviously Camper MCrdad you haven't seen this young man play.  You are welcome to come to any of our other games and see how he can affect the outcome.  Did he shine Friday, no, but then the rest of the team didn't.  Our team success is not because of one player but because of the team.  Our collective team effort was not firing Friday.  Moore County won the game because they swarmed on defense, blitzed our quarterback and disrupted the timing, and their special teams put them in a good position on punt and kickoff returns.  They were successful enough to win the game.   It obviously didn't help us that we were penalized so many times for so many yards called back.   Did the refs call an even game?  As a fan of course I'll say no, but a good, mature team has to overcome ALL obstacles and adversity.  We're working on it.

Brandon Moore is extremely talented and besides all that on the field, off the field he is very gracious, down to earth, and appreciative of the attention the fans (and opposing teams ) give him.  He was good enough last year to be in the top five finalists for the Mr. Football award, and if he continues again this year, should also be in contention.  Overrated?  I hardly think so.   Let's wait until the end of the season and you and your newbie attitude can talk all you want after the post-season.  If you get there.  Good luck. 

Sorry to piss off a cat! Just stating what I seen Friday. Lick your wounds and good luck Friday. I will be staying in the holler as you city folks like to call it watching my boys in blue. 

I don't think there is any doubt that FC is a legit team and Moore is a legit very talented player. I think FC will get the win this Friday. All though it sounds like Richland is improving. Going to be a dogfight in the region this year. As for Moore County I am proud of them for getting a big win but it's time to stay humble and get back to work. Never know who you might run into again later this season.

The Raiders are a young team with a young coaching staff, who seems to have finally found their groove in this first season under new leadership. Those guys have a passion for the game that just won't be matched. I think we'll continue to see some interesting things from the Richland Raider football team. FC is talented for sure, but they didn't play their best against Moore County... if Richland continues to play like they did against GC, the region will be a dogfight, no doubt. There's still a long season ahead. It'll be fun to see what happens.