Brentwood Academy at Knoxville Catholic

Spartan4Life

25 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

The States #1 ranked team comes to Knoxville Friday. How do you see the Eagles versus Irish matchup playing out? 

BA big.  Sparty, you may know this, but when was the last time BA came to Knoxville to play?  Eagles have to had played Webb or Catholic before, correct?

15 minutes ago, CU06 said:

BA big.  Sparty, you may know this, but when was the last time BA came to Knoxville to play?  Eagles have to had played Webb or Catholic before, correct?

When Webb played in the Division with Brentwood Academy they weren't in our region so we didn't play them in the regular season. MBA met us in the playoffs and ended our run before we could play BA. It hasn't been within the past 15 years for sure. I'd have to look it up for a time before that. 

After seeing Catholic beat Baylor I thought this game could be one of the best games of the year. But seeing Catholic barley beat Soddy Daisy...I am very confused by that score and result. If Catholic plays like they did against Soddy this will be a running clock. 

BA has great coaching and great athletes. Year in and Year out a top 5 team. The past couple years probably the best in the State.  

Edited by Spartan4Life

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

When Webb played in the Division with Brentwood Academy they weren't in our region so we didn't play them in the regular season. MBA met us in the playoffs and ended our run before we could play BA. It hasn't been within the past 15 years for sure. I'd have to look it up for a time before that. 

After seeing Catholic beat Baylor I thought this game could be one of the best games of the year. But seeing Catholic barley beat Soddy Daisy...I am very confused by that score and result. If Catholic plays like they did against Soddy this will be a running clock. 

BA has great coaching and great athletes. Year in and Year out a top 5 team. The past couple years probably the best in the State.  

I'm thinking it may go all the way back to the games with Rule HS back in the early 80's.  The 1980 AA State Championship was played at Rule when the Bears had the Cofer boys.  BA played AE, Alcoa, and Powell in AA State Championship games a few years later, but all those were played at Vandy. 

6 hours ago, CU06 said:

Last time Brentwood came to Knoxville to play Catholic was in basketball back in 2004 when Brandon Wright played there.  I can't recall them ever playing in football. 

I'll be at the game as well as UT - really looking forward to both.

i really am not sure what to make of BA this year at this point. Yeah there is the top 10 in nation hype from a poll or two but I am just not sure.

At times they have looked exceptional but the father Ryan game was close until the 4th quarter and the Texas team hung in there ( even though I believe they had 17 players on that team who have d 1 scholarship offers.

Ba did dominate the stats and both sides of the ball and the score could have been more lopsided if not for a few turnovers .

i think catholic ( from what I see ) can match up against ba but imo here is the key to the game --can catholic stop ba just enough to stay in the game.

Ba has a terrific defense this year so can catholic match scores with ba to keep it close. Catholic certainly can put up points as we have seen in spades but they are prone to the off game ( ga team ) 

If catholic plays like they did versus Baylor and maryville they certainly have a shot at ba. I am hoping for a good tough game. The Texas team that lined up against ba was huge with mutiple d 1 major college prospects and ba held them to 1 yard per carry. 

Catholic will need to mix it up and sling the ball some which I understand they do really well. I'm looking forward to making the trip to Knoxville and happy they are playing Ba at home this year.