Brentwood Academy at Knoxville Catholic

Spartan4Life

18 hours ago, CU06 said:

I'm thinking it may go all the way back to the games with Rule HS back in the early 80's.  The 1980 AA State Championship was played at Rule when the Bears had the Cofer boys.  BA played AE, Alcoa, and Powell in AA State Championship games a few years later, but all those were played at Vandy. 

Yup, Alcoa beat BA for the State Championship in 1989.....at Vanderbilt. 

11 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I'll be at the game as well as UT - really looking forward to both.

i really am not sure what to make of BA this year at this point. Yeah there is the top 10 in nation hype from a poll or two but I am just not sure.

At times they have looked exceptional but the father Ryan game was close until the 4th quarter and the Texas team hung in there ( even though I believe they had 17 players on that team who have d 1 scholarship offers.

Ba did dominate the stats and both sides of the ball and the score could have been more lopsided if not for a few turnovers .

i think catholic ( from what I see ) can match up against ba but imo here is the key to the game --can catholic stop ba just enough to stay in the game.

Ba has a terrific defense this year so can catholic match scores with ba to keep it close. Catholic certainly can put up points as we have seen in spades but they are prone to the off game ( ga team ) 

If catholic plays like they did versus Baylor and maryville they certainly have a shot at ba. I am hoping for a good tough game. The Texas team that lined up against ba was huge with mutiple d 1 major college prospects and ba held them to 1 yard per carry. 

Catholic will need to mix it up and sling the ball some which I understand they do really well. I'm looking forward to making the trip to Knoxville and happy they are playing Ba at home this year.

That Ga. team is the best high school team I've ever seen. So it wasn't an off game as much as a flat butt kicking. Losing our RB early in the game changed what we could do offensively but also he was a starting LB. BA looks very strong but we've certainly faced a schedule that should have us as prepared as possible.

30 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

That Ga. team is the best high school team I've ever seen. So it wasn't an off game as much as a flat butt kicking. Losing our RB early in the game changed what we could do offensively but also he was a starting LB. BA looks very strong but we've certainly faced a schedule that should have us as prepared as possible.

Will he be back Friday? 

On 9/20/2017 at 1:18 PM, Spartan4Life said:

When Webb played in the Division with Brentwood Academy they weren't in our region so we didn't play them in the regular season. MBA met us in the playoffs and ended our run before we could play BA. It hasn't been within the past 15 years for sure. I'd have to look it up for a time before that. 

After seeing Catholic beat Baylor I thought this game could be one of the best games of the year. But seeing Catholic barley beat Soddy Daisy...I am very confused by that score and result. If Catholic plays like they did against Soddy this will be a running clock. 

BA has great coaching and great athletes. Year in and Year out a top 5 team. The past couple years probably the best in the State.  

Baylors only won 2 games......Catholic North beatin your red raiders sure wernt goin to make it a better match-up....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Just now, Spartan4Life said:

One of those was over a 4-1 ND team if I'm not mistaken...

U r not mistaken...

..we had 3 starters out, and one of our other starters got put out in the first quarter when we were ahead by a cheap head to head shot, the refs cheated on us and the Baylor fans were screamin to loud ......we scored first just to show them what we could do if we really wanted to

...and besides...we let the Red Raiders win that 1st game so the TFP and Chattanoogan would be able to write about them in the paper

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: