OAK RIDGE LADY WILDCATS 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cougars of Campbell County are leaving Oak Ridge tonight with a 56 - 54 victory over Oak Ridge. OR is now 10 - 1 in the District and Campbell County improves to 10 - 0.. The teams meet again Thursday, Feb. 8. 

Lada Guinn led Oak Ridge with 28 points.

Mykia Dowdell moved past her Mom into 9th place on the all time scoring list.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

Lady Wildcats 84  Karns 15.

Guinn led Oak Ridge but I didn't catch how much she scored, sorry. Dean had 16, Bates 14, Dunbar 14, Steen 8, Echoles 5, Kastner 2, Copeland 2 and Dowdell 2. Golden did not play. Desiree Bates scored her 700th career point tonight. OR is now 87 - 12 since 1975 against the Lady Beavers.  This was Karns 49th straight loss.. Kastner played for the first time this season after having knee surgery last July. Karns scored all 15 points by the 3 ball.

Tomorrow, Oak Ridge plays Halls.

Details from Carey's twitter feed.

3 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Guinn led Oak Ridge but I didn't catch how much she scored, sorry. Dean had 16, Bates 14, Dunbar 14, Steen 8, Echoles 5, Kastner 2, Copeland 2 and Dowdell 2. Golden did not play. Desiree Bates scored her 700th career point tonight. OR is now 87 - 12 since 1975 against the Lady Beavers.  This was Karns 49th straight loss.. Kastner played for the first time this season after having knee surgery last July. Karns scored all 15 points by the 3 ball.

Is Golden hurt? I saw her and Guinn the past two years @ the Ladies Classic in Greeneville. It's hard to imagine a pair of guards any better (even a year ago). Hope nothing is wrong (with Golden).

14 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Glad to see Destiny Kassner back on the floor. Seven months of tough rehab.

16 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Is Golden hurt? I saw her and Guinn the past two years @ the Ladies Classic in Greeneville. It's hard to imagine a pair of guards any better (even a year ago). Hope nothing is wrong (with Golden).

According to Davis Clary.Golden jammed her hand into the bleachers while going for a loose ball during practice. The hand was still sore last night so they decided to give her the night off. She should be fine.

4 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

Glad to see Destiny Kassner back on the floor. Seven months of tough rehab.

Yep, her height and experience will be a nice addition to the team. She seems like a great kid as well. Also, thanks for spelling her name right. I still need to see if I am spelling the "Echoles" girl name correctly.

Tonight the Lady Wildcats traveled to Knoxville Halls and defeated the Lady Red Devils 71 - 33. Oak Ridge was led in scoring by MTSU signee Mykia Dowdell with 17 which moved her to 8th place in all-time scoring moving past UT-Chattanooga legend Regina Kirk. Guinn posted 15, Copeland 10, Bates 9, Dunbar 8, Steen 6, Dean 3, Kassner 2 AND RAJA ECKLES 1. Golden, hand, did not play. 

Oak Ridge ( 19 - 5, 12 - 1 ) will next play at Campbell County next Thursday. The win tonight brings the all-time series record with Halls to 89 - 11 with OR in the lead.

According to MaxPrep the lady Wildcats are ranked 1212 in the nation and 30 in Tennessee.

The broadcast of tonight's game was in honor of Air Force Major General Ron Henderson. A 1965 grad of ORHS and member of the basketball team that played in the state tournament. His brothers sponsored the broadcast to recognize their dearly departed brother.

Information provided by Davis Clary.

8 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

According to Davis Clary.Golden jammed her hand into the bleachers while going for a loose ball during practice. The hand was still sore last night so they decided to give her the night off. She should be fine.

"During practice?" That's why I like watching girls basketball.

Glad she is OK.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Good news. Soon, we will see her up ETSU way.

Jada will probably get a bunch more offers from other D 1 schools. UTC has slipped a bit and could use another Oak Ridge player to  bring the program back to the top of the So Con. The other OR player was current Harden Valley Academy Head Coach and two time Class AAA Miss Basketball winner Jennifer "Miss Automatic " Wilson.