Week 7: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TigerNation said:

He went out early in the second half against Meigs. Glad to see he's back.

I didn't know that, glad to see he recovered! He's been starting the last 2 years and played a lot as a Sophomore. 

Still think it's going to be a close game but RW's senior skill players getting it done: McClain(#4), Garrett(#41) and Price(#7) with what looks to be with a very solid/athletic Sophomore QB #12 Brackett who can sling the ball.

Edited by TheOgre78

2 hours ago, Spike16 said:

Oneida's offense better mix it up a little or well I'd say RW sends 10 every single play!!

Exactly why I think RW wins, they can mix it up more imho. OHS will have success running some as well as RW but it's going to wear on both, depth will be a factor. Both are going to have to get the qb out of the pocket some and pass blocking, getting open, and each passing D too will be key for both. OHS needs to get some good yardage running and slip a TE screen in along with some PA and quick hitter passes. 

9 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Exactly why I think RW wins, they can mix it up more imho. OHS will have success running some as well as RW but it's going to wear on both, depth will be a factor. Both are going to have to get the qb out of the pocket some and pass blocking, getting open, and each passing D too will be key for both. OHS needs to get some good yardage running and slip a TE screen in along with some PA and quick hitter passes. 

I agree! The bad thing bout Oneida is they will not try and mix it up until it's 3rd and long. I'm hearin word from reliable sources that Oneida is gonna have some key players out with injury Friday.  This could be a huge blow if turns out to be true. 

6 hours ago, Spike16 said:

I agree! The bad thing bout Oneida is they will not try and mix it up until it's 3rd and long. I'm hearin word from reliable sources that Oneida is gonna have some key players out with injury Friday.  This could be a huge blow if turns out to be true. 

That will hurt(no pun intended). I think someone said a key lineman was in concussion protocol from the York game, I hope he's okay!

Anyway they can't get stuck in predictable 3rd and long situations. imho they need to throw some quick out passes to get the pressure away from the middle of the field. Not that I don't like him as a coach but TL needs to open up the playbook and throw a few deep passes on 1st & 2nd down short yardage situations. My brother played for him years ago at Huntsville Middle when Diggs was there in the 90s and their scheme seems very similar, defense and run orientated, which now Diggs ran a 4-4 D and the 3 back(T???) formation but I'd like to see their pass-run ratio more even at OHS.  

18 minutes ago, TheOgre78 said:

That will hurt(no pun intended). I think someone said a key lineman was in concussion protocol from the York game, I hope he's okay!

Anyway they can't get stuck in predictable 3rd and long situations. imho they need to throw some quick out passes to get the pressure away from the middle of the field. Not that I don't like him as a coach but TL needs to open up the playbook and throw a few deep passes on 1st & 2nd down short yardage situations. My brother played for him years ago at Huntsville Middle when Diggs was there in the 90s and their scheme seems very similar, defense and run orientated, which now Diggs ran a 4-4 D and the 3 back(T???) formation but I'd like to see their pass-run ratio more even at OHS.  

Yeah that's the problem it's not the 90s anymore!