Sensabaugh One and Done at Crockett

BlueDevil58

Looks like David Crockett will get their 3rd coach in 3 years.

Running your mouth about the administration on social media about matters beyond your control, then being insubordinate and publicly taunting them to fire you over it is making it clear he may not last the year.  It must be nice to be a multi-millionaire.

His heart's clearly in the right place, but the way he's handling himself is going to end his career before it ever gets started.   It's a shame because the kids and parents at Crockett love him and they are having a good year.  I pity whoever has to take over and clean up this mess after Bosken and now Sensabaugh.  It'll be worse than UT when they hired Dooley.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Education/2017/09/25/Crockett-coach-surprised-at-open-concept-elementary-schools-wants-to-see-quicker-progress.html?ci=featured&lp=1&ti=

Edited by BlueDevil58

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Fire him for telling the truth? Although it shouldn’t have been put in social media. If they are aware of the problem then fix it.

I'm not saying he was in the wrong to do it, but generally bosses don't like you talking smack about them on social media, then talking more smack when they tell you to stop.

4 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I'm not saying he was in the wrong to do it, but generally bosses don't like you talking smack about them on social media, then talking more smack when they tell you to stop.

I agree but maybe thats what he brings. He wants change and he says it’s more than about football. I’d rather have a guy that speaks his mind than a yes man. I know nothing about Crockett but from an outsider it seems like no one wants to be told the truth. It shouldn’t have been advertised on social media I’ll admit that.

Edited by fooseball95

13 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I agree but maybe thats what he brings. He wants change and he says it’s more than about football. I’d rather have a guy that speaks his mind than a yes man. I know nothing about Crockett but from an outsider it seems like no one wants to be told the truth. It shouldn’t have been advertised on social media I’ll admit that.

My question is, if they don't fire him when is it going to end? He's got a team to think about and to prepare to play and although he does not care about winning or football, the kids might. I know some kids that go there and I don't believe it's been a bed of roses this year even though they are performing well. A parent of an athlete at DC asked me why he couldn't have waited until the end of the season? I had no answer. It would have made more sense. He does have a boss if he wants to continue and coach. I wonder what would happen if one of his players felt the urge to express something they feel strongly about, against his wishes? I hope all of this is for change and not for his on audience. I'm not going to judge, yet. You are spot on Foose about social media, the problem with social media you never really know the type of following you got, could be people a lot worse than work crew inmates. IMO LOL

8 minutes ago, Bucsback said:

My question is, if they don't fire him when is it going to end? He's got a team to think about and to prepare to play and although he does not care about winning or football, the kids might. I know some kids that go there and I don't believe it's been a bed of roses this year even though they are performing well. A parent of an athlete at DC asked me why he couldn't have waited until the end of the season? I had no answer. It would have made more sense. He does have a boss if he wants to continue and coach. I wonder what would happen if one of his players felt the urge to express something they feel strongly about, against his wishes? I hope all of this is for change and not for his on audience. I'm not going to judge, yet. You are spot on Foose about social media, the problem with social media you never really know the type of following you got, could be people a lot worse than work crew inmates. IMO LOL

I agree with you 100%

Anyone who knows anything about public education, and certainly in a county system, knows that funding is always the issue for any sort of improvement plan. So, my question is why doesn't ol' Gerald put some of that NFL money where his mouth is and donate money to update the elementary school or their football stadium? Or maybe he just likes the attention... 

11 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Anyone who knows anything about public education, and certainly in a county system, knows that funding is always the issue for any sort of improvement plan. So, my question is why doesn't ol' Gerald put some of that NFL money where his mouth is and donate money to update the elementary school or their football stadium? Or maybe he just likes the attention... 

Don't know if he is really that well of or not.    Here is an interesting read about why 80% of NFL guys retire broke.    Good point though if he has the $$$

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/02/09/5-reasons-why-80-of-retired-nfl-players-go-broke/#24ccb0e678cc

I thought about that Blazer, and that would be very sad in itself if true, but it's certainly not a good look to be making such a racket about it when you have made more money in your career than probably half of the DC faculty COMBINED. I agree with Bucs that this could have waited til the season was over as well. Pretty sure they aren't going to go into Jonesborough Elementary in the next 4 weeks and remodel, so at this point its nothing but a distraction for his football team.