6A Region 4 Playoff Outlook

steelcityroller

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/27/2017 at 5:42 PM, steelcityroller said:

They aren't gonna win the region at 6-4. If they win the region they pretty much have to win out.

If they lose to Wilson Central on Friday night they are pretty much eliminated barring a huge upset like Mt. Juliet losing to Station Camp or something along those lines.

They have Wilson Central, Rossview, Gallatin and Mt. Juliet left to play. Rossview and Mt. Juliet are both 2-0 in the region and play each other Friday night so one of them will be 3-0 in the region. If Mt. Juliet wins they would be 3-0 with Station Camp and Hendersonville left to play. If Rossview wins they would be 3-0 with Hendersonville and Lebanon left to play. The point is that even if Hendersonville already has a region loss and another loss would put them a game behind even if they beat those teams. And if they lose to Gallatin or Wilson Central then I highly doubt they will be able to beat Rossview or Mt. Juliet.

The bottom line is to win the region they have win out. And if they lose Friday they are done.

Hendersonville is 3-3. They played 3 teams with winning records and lost all 3. The 3 wins against Station Camp, Franklin and Centennial those teams are a combined 4-14 at the moment.

Before they discredit a 6-0 team that has yet to allow a point they probably need to worry about beating somebody with a winning record first.

I haven't seen Gallatin play but from similar opponents and from what I've heard I would feel pretty comfortable saying that they are probably pretty close.

Hendersonville has a better team than Lebanon. They just got outcoached and made a ton of mistakes that night.

Maybe. But I've seen both Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville play this year. The Hendersonville team I seen play a few weeks back better improve a whole lot or else they will get blown out by Mt. Juliet as well.

Riverdale and Blackman are going no further than the 3rd round at most. Because neither of them stand a chance against Oakland who has already spanked both of them once this year. And Blackman just lost a big time player.

In that region I would confidently pick Mt. Juliet over Riverdale and Cookeville who will likely be the 3 and 4. I think they would match up well with Blackman. I think Oakland goes to state again.

I dont think anyone beats Mt Juliet regular season.

I also disagree that If Hendersonville loses they are elimintaed.   I think a win over either Wilson Central or Rossview would probably get them in.

12 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

I dont think anyone beats Mt Juliet regular season.

I also disagree that If Hendersonville loses they are elimintaed.   I think a win over either Wilson Central or Rossview would probably get them in.

They had to win tonight or else they would have essentially been 2 games behind both Lebanon and Wilson Central due to tiebreakers and Hendersonville would have had to beat both Mt. Juliet and Rossview at that point. And Lebanon and Wilson Central play each other so one of them is guaranteed another win and Wilson Central plays Station Camp still as well.

But Hendersonville took care of business and likely won a playoff spot tonight.

Wilson Central now has to beat both Lebanon and Station Camp plus needs Lebanon to lose to Rossview in order to get a playoff spot.

Station Camp was eliminated tonight. They are 0-3 in the region with losses to Lebanon, Hendersonville and Rossview who all have 2 wins in the region and Mt. Juliet has 3 wins in the region.

Lebanon either needs a win against Wilson Central or Rossview or a Wilson Central loss to Station Camp to get a playoff spot.

Mt. Juliet and Rossview have both secured playoff spots.

Edited by steelcityroller

18 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

They had to win tonight or else they would have essentially been 2 games behind both Lebanon and Wilson Central due to tiebreakers and Hendersonville would have had to beat both Mt. Juliet and Rossview at that point. And Lebanon and Wilson Central play each other so one of them is guaranteed another win and Wilson Central plays Station Camp still as well.

But Hendersonville took care of business and likely won a playoff spot tonight.

Wilson Central now has to beat both Lebanon and Station Camp plus needs Lebanon to lose to Rossview in order to get a playoff spot.

Station Camp was eliminated tonight. They are 0-3 in the region with losses to Lebanon, Hendersonville and Rossview who all have 2 wins in the region and Mt. Juliet has 3 wins in the region.

Lebanon either needs a win against Wilson Central or Rossview or a Wilson Central loss to Station Camp to get a playoff spot.

Mt. Juliet and Rossview have both secured playoff spots.

Dang you have def done your homework.  Glad we won.  

So, is this the latest playoff pairings based on where we are right now?

1.  Mt Juliet vs 4. Siegel/Cookeville winner.

2.  Hendersonville vs 3. Blackman/Riverdale loser (interesting rematch)

1. Oakland vs 4. Rossview/Lebanon loser

2.  Riverdale/Blackman winner vs 3. Rossview/Lebanon winner

In bold are the teams I would guess right now.

Barring upsets is this basically how it should shake out? Maybe it's more complicated than that.

4 hours ago, TDCman said:

Barring upsets is this basically how it should shake out? Maybe it's more complicated than that.

I think Lebanon/Rossview winner/loser finishes 2nd and 3rd.  Hendersonville will probably be the 4.  Lebanon already beat Hendersonville so they own that tie breaker.  

On 9/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, steelcityroller said:

Region 3 gets the nod for home field throughout this year and in 2019 and Region 4 gets the nod for home field throughout in 2018 and 2020. So say for example it ends up being #1 Mt. Juliet and #1 Oakland the game will be in Oakland.

We will find out about Cookeville very soon they have Riverdale, Blackman and Oakland the next 3 games.

But yeah Region 4 is gonna have their hands full come playoff time. It remains to be seen but I would probably go ahead and guess that Mt. Juliet will be the only Region 4 team to get out of the 1st round.

Also Region 4 has the hardest road to the championship in my opinion. For example a team like Mt. Juliet could be looking at having to beat Cookeville, Blackman, Oakland, Maryville and Whitehaven to win the championship.

Region 4 definitely has a tough rode to the title. MJ is having a great year, but its going to be too much to run through that gauntlet. Johnny doesnt see anyone but Oakland/Maryville in Cookeville this year. 

10222612-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

6 hours ago, TDCman said:

There is room for Region 4 to get complicated.

Mt. Juliet can win the region with either a win over Hendersonville or a Hendersonville loss to Rossview. They can finish no worse than 2nd in the region.

Hendersonville is currently 3rd in the region (even though the site standings have them 2nd) but have Mt. Juliet and Rossview remaining which are their toughest region games. They are currently tied both overall and in region with Lebanon who has the tie-breaker. If they beat both Mt. Juliet and Rossview they win the region. If they lose to both they will be 4th in the region.

Rossview still has Lebanon and Hendersonville and can finish between 2nd and 4th depending on these games. I haven't seen anything to suggest you can count either of those as wins.

Lebanon will play Wilson Central in two weeks. That will be for a playoff spot. If Lebanon wins they will likely be 3rd in the region or could be 2nd in the region if they beat Rossview as well. Wilson Central has to beat both Lebanon and Station Camp to finish 4th.

My prediction for Region 4

1. Mt. Juliet (10-0)

2. Rossview (7-3)

3. Lebanon (6-4)

4. Hendersonville (5-5)

My prediction for Region 3

1. Oakland (10-0)

2. Blackman (9-1)

3. Riverdale (8-2)

4. Cookeville (7-3)

On 10/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, TDCman said:

So, you're assuming Rossview loses to Hendersonville ? 

Edited by poppop