Final Game Assesments of CPA vs. EH

sportsfan0603

Forget ESPN's College Game Day. It's time for Coach T's High School Game Night. Forget Corso, Herbstreet and Fowler. I'd like to hear game assesments and predictions from Scout, OnlineLC, Vic, Chakra, Pujo, Real Go Eagles and anyone else who keeps up with 1A ball.

How will each half turn out?

What players need to have big games?

What will be the keys to winning for each team?

Etc., Etc. Etc...

It's Thursday. One more day until game time. CPA is riding an impressive 9 game winning streak. Ezell is the defending state champ. Someone has to lose, but hopefully the winner will go on to win it all.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this the way i see it without giving a final prediction because i am too biased for that.

CPA Keys To Victory

1) Ball Control- They need to keep the ball away from Ezell and score TD's not field goals.

2) Win the Turnover Battle- They need to have a postive turnover ratio.

3) Maintain the head of steam they have with their win streak.

4) NO BIG PLAYS

In my opinion ,since they left that 3 game losing streak early in the season they have done alot of positive things. Moving Etue to Quaterback and mixing in a little more pass to keep people from stacking the line against them. Good COaches will adjust t their teams strenghths and they had to totally change after the Holt Kid got hurt

Ezell Keys To Winning

1) They need Big PLays. They only had one in the first meeting on a half back pass.

2) Good Run/PASS ratio. If CPA jumps in that 3 man line i would expect to see alot of #21.

3) Dont turn the ball over. They havent had this problem.

4) Staying Focused. Maybe they have forgotten what its like to lose ,but i doubt that would slip past the coaching staff.

Whoever wins will have to have the ball bounce their way and get some good breaks. Should be a very competetive game it has been for the last 2 years. I have to say i dont like playing a team twice but with everyone alittle healthier this time for both sides it might be the game of the week.

Guest JP7SHELLY

Offense: Ezell... Averaging 45 points a game and has the ability to score on each play.

Defense: Even.... Ezell only gives up 8.7 a game but CPA held a good Collinwood team to 6.

Special Teams: CPA.... Good field goal kicker and punter...Ezell hasn't punted that much this year so this team could be unpolished.

Experience: Ezell.... This team has won 29 in a row and is defending the gold ball.

Intangibles: CPA.... From what I saw of this team at the first of the year, they are huge overacheivers. Coach

Pack gets a lot of heart out of one of his smaller teams in recent memory.

Coaching: Even.... Even though I'm partial to Coach Smith, Coach Pack is a great football mind and has quite a larger staff.

Final Pick: Well let me give you two scenarios....good weather: EH 26- CPA 17...........Bad weather: EH 14 CPA 9

I honestly don't quite know what to expect in this game. I'm sure both teams are really pumped up about it and it is this totally unknown and unpredictable emotional factor that will probably throw any analysis we try and apply to the game out of the door.

I certainly hope this game lives up the expectations because as fans we are going to need to keep warm as it is expected to be 35 deg and windy tomorrow night.

Guest JP7SHELLY

Right now I'm at MTSU on a redshirt season. I am quarterbacking the scout team and I hope I have helped out some this year in that aspect. It's looking like I will be competing for that job in my sophomore season. Thank you for your compliment. You all have a great program. I wish you all the best of luck. Congratulations to Mark Byrd on his state record.