Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

1 hour ago, ETN423 said:

I'm  surprised  this one has not  already  begun ? Does that mean no one  is more  excited  about this game than me?

Do we need to have a history  lesson  of what this rivalry  means???

You never look past any team.Build depth and prepare one game at a time.I seen the flu hit a team one year and most of the starters were so weak they couldn't stand by half.Use every game to build depth and when Elizabethton week comes up,put 100% into that game.Right now Betsy is just one of those teams that we circled on the schedule before the season.Which means they are one of ten teams that should be circled.I look forward to that game and it should be for the region if both teams take care of their business,but that's not 100% guaranteed.

Edited by BatmanDevil

Well done, the kids might be reading. But for real though, I know the mentality  of the program and it's leadership "This is why we do what we do"

Couple weeks of glorified scrimmages against some more of the Sullivan County Clowns to sharpen up after the bye week

Bust Betsy's butt then do it again once more in the quarters bc we all know Anderson  County ain't talking bout nothing. Sweet revenge for '98.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ETN423 said:

Well done, the kids might be reading. But for real though, I know the mentality  of the program and it's leadership "This is why we do what we do"

Couple weeks of glorified scrimmages against some more of the Sullivan County Clowns to sharpen up after the bye week

Bust Betsy's butt then do it again once more in the quarters bc we all know Anderson  County ain't talking bout nothing. Sweet revenge for '98.

I’ll have to agree with you. I don’t see us getting past Greeneville 

Edited by Cyclonefan29

Great rival game but a couple of things I like about the  Elizabethton area.My wifes mother was born and raised in  stoney creek.My kind of people from those I know.Next thing is the first family if you will for the last several years.Both my youngest went to Jason's camp and loved meeting all the players.I've got a great picture of him with one of them.This game has been close over the years with Elizabethton holding an edge but Greeneville has closed the gap since  the Witten's went on to college.Two very similar schools in terms of size and athletes,always great competition.

10 hours ago, ETN423 said:

South has been down the last couple of years (last year mainly due to the season ending injuries of something like 9 starters by the time we played the big Greene), but don't forget those "Sullivan County Clowns" sent you guys packin just 3 short years ago.

8 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Did the Cyclones graduate a lot from last year's team? I'm trying to understand why Elisabethton is not playing as well as last year's team?

That team was very good.

They Graduated # 7 Turner, #17 Norwood,  #25 Johnson, #30 Siepert, #54 Guess, #55 Woodby who contributed alot to last years team.  In my opinion their line is not near as good as last year

1 hour ago, sshsfan said:

South has been down the last couple of years (last year mainly due to the season ending injuries of something like 9 starters by the time we played the big Greene), but don't forget those "Sullivan County Clowns" sent you guys packin just 3 short years ago.

This isn’t the same Greeneville team. Greeneville will mercy rule South yet again