Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

33 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

The Devils roll, and shall keep on rolling.  Hopefully the game ends with the 1st string on the field putting 100 points up to match victory 100, but hey you all know things get a little dicey when it's a rivalry game.

As I'm sure Tennessee High will sit back, eat popcorn, and enjoy the show.

Are you thinking that Tenn High feels that Eliz took a cheap shot at them at the very end of their game, and is now rooting for the Devils to lay the wood?         I was NOT at that game and did not see what happened, seems like we were getting conflicting reports here on the T as to what really went down.

2 hours ago, Horn1 said:

Eliz has a good team,  Witten does a great job as well,  may not be close until they meet in playoffs.  If devils want to see how good they are run to the coleman kid he is a beast.  Best in upper east tn.  And has been for several years.  May be closer game than devils want

Elizabethton always has a good and well coached team.  Since Greeneville runs the spread it will be up to Ballard to decide if he is going to give it or keep it and i'm sure Coleman will be one of his reads.  Greenevilles D line has been very good this year lead by 6'2  220lb Jacques Gilliespie Taylor or Jasqueeze as BVD likes to call him after the Morristown West announcer kept messing up his name (Had 3 tackle for loss last week against SS) , Also dominated the line of scrimmage against Science Hill and Logan Shipley 6'2 220lb DE/H-Back who has an offer from Austin Peay.  Both have disrupted O Lines all year.   

19 minutes ago, Space3 said:

I can see why with the Schedule Greeneville played to get to 100 wins.

Says the guy that's team has one of the weakest 4a schedule in the state.....during those 99 wins he also has 2 state championships, 1 state runner up, and wins over Alcoa, Fulton, Trezevant, Giles County, Maplewood, DB, Science Hill, Morristown West, Elizabethton, Knox Central, Red Bank (Ranked #1 in the state in 09 at their place).  He also has never lost to AC so please tell me during that time from from 09-present who AC has beaten of worth?

Edited by Swipes

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Elizabethton always has a good and well coached team.  Since Greeneville runs the spread it will be up to Ballard to decide if he is going to give it or keep it and i'm sure Coleman will be one of his reads.  Greenevilles D line has been very good this year lead by 6'2  220lb Jacques Gilliespie Taylor or Jasqueeze as BVD likes to call him after the Morristown West announcer kept messing up his name (Had 3 tackle for loss last week against SS) , Also dominated the line of scrimmage against Science Hill and Logan Shipley 6'2 220lb DE/H-Back who has an offer from Austin Peay.  Both have disrupted O Lines all year.   

Coleman is going to Furman 

2 minutes ago, Horn1 said:

Coleman is going to Furman 

Great School and he is a great football player.  Strong as a Bull from what i have seen.  Most of these players have known and played against each other since middle school so it shouldn't be nothing new for either side

10 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Says the guy that's team has one of the weakest 4a schedule in the state.....during those 99 wins he also has 2 state championships, 1 state runner up, and wins over Alcoa, Fulton, Trezevant, Giles County, Maplewood, DB, Science Hill, Morristown West, Elizabethton, Knox Central, Red Bank (Ranked #1 in the state in 09 at their place).  He also has never lost to AC so please tell me during that time from from 09-present who AC has beaten of worth?

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Anderson County

They have a few in there, nothing like Greeneville from the years you stated, but I see a few quality wins.

Just fanning the fire and enjoying the flame.

18 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Anderson County

They have a few in there, nothing like Greeneville from the years you stated, but I see a few quality wins.

Just fanning the fire and enjoying the flame.

Best game in 4a it's for all the marbles including home field advantage in playoffs.   

13 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

Devilman should be here shortly to throw rocket fuel on the flames lol

Kev-O! 

Rocket fuel would sure spice things up in here. Seems like Betsy fans are missing and Anderson County fans are trying to poke the green giant. So here’s my opinion. 

Greeneville Beats Betsy 49-14

Betsy Beats Anderson County in the playoffs 35-14! 

Book it! 

5 hours ago, Horn1 said:

Eliz has a good team,  Witten does a great job as well,  may not be close until they meet in playoffs.  If devils want to see how good they are run to the coleman kid he is a beast.  Best in upper east tn.  And has been for several years.  May be closer game than devils want

Well,the object is to win the game,not get into a pssing contest and show we are better at every position ,because very few teams are in most games. .I guarantee you Elizabethton has some great athletes and I guarantee you coach Ballard knows this and isn't taking this game lightly.