Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

50 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

HA,I remember the way our dad would settle us down.BVD had enough sense to cover his mouth.The back hand,A lost art with todays kids.I guess the belt,switch,fly swat,paddle can be added.The paddle in school or on the bus was something you really didn't want either

Parents should really start practicing those lost arts again!

I am going to get us back on topic to the game.  I think Greeneville has the better team and should win on Friday.  However, I think everyone is overlooking the challenge that Elizabethton's offense presents.  They are very balanced and have a good quarterback and some very good skill players.  They can beat you running and passing, and they have more sophisticated passing game schemes than any team Greeneville has played.  The best offensive team Greeneville has faced is Science Hill, and they don't have the balance that the Cyclones have and their offense is largely the QB running around and then sometimes throwing a deep ball.  Elizabethton can scheme you and they have athletes that can hurt you.

I think Greeneville will score a lot of points, but the defense is going to be challenged- especially in the passing game.  I think people are assuming a 30 point win for the Devils, but i think that is inaccurate.

1 hour ago, DeeJay32 said:

I am going to get us back on topic to the game.  I think Greeneville has the better team and should win on Friday.  However, I think everyone is overlooking the challenge that Elizabethton's offense presents.  They are very balanced and have a good quarterback and some very good skill players.  They can beat you running and passing, and they have more sophisticated passing game schemes than any team Greeneville has played.  The best offensive team Greeneville has faced is Science Hill, and they don't have the balance that the Cyclones have and their offense is largely the QB running around and then sometimes throwing a deep ball.  Elizabethton can scheme you and they have athletes that can hurt you.

I think Greeneville will score a lot of points, but the defense is going to be challenged- especially in the passing game.  I think people are assuming a 30 point win for the Devils, but i think that is inaccurate.

The thing I like about Greeneville is they know how to adjust if things are not going as they would like.Guarantee you,nomatter what the talk on coacht,the staff at Greeneville is working hard to get the Devils ready and know this is a good team they will see Friday night.

Would it be better to lose during regular season than to lose during playoffs? Our young men will play just as hard as yours, guaranteed. Will we win or will we lose? That's why you play the game! If we listened to most of you, we should just go ahead and forfeit! We will not. We will play our best and give our all, and leave it on the field. The Elizabethton fans will cheer and support our team till the last snap. Why? We love our Cyclones just as much as you love your devils! So may the best team win, good luck, and pray for everyone to be safe during the game.

5 minutes ago, BigBama42 said:

Would it be better to lose during regular season than to lose during playoffs? Our young men will play just as hard as yours, guaranteed. Will we win or will we lose? That's why you play the game! If we listened to most of you, we should just go ahead and forfeit! We will not. We will play our best and give our all, and leave it on the field. The Elizabethton fans will cheer and support our team till the last snap. Why? We love our Cyclones just as much as you love your devils! So may the best team win, good luck, and pray for everyone to be safe during the game.

Like I've said,nomatter what the big talk on here is,Greeneville respects the Cyclones and will work very hard to prepare for a very good team.I think it's a million times better to lose during the regular season then to get beat in the playoffs.It's even better to not lose at all,but there are not but a very few teams do that every year in the state.

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Like I've said,nomatter what the big talk on here is,Greeneville respects the Cyclones and will work very hard to prepare for a very good team.I think it's a million times better to lose during the regular season then to get beat in the playoffs.It's even better to not lose at all,but there are not but a very few teams do that every year in the state.

I agree it would be better to win in playoffs. Its hard to beat a good team twice in a season. That being said, i dont think we will lose by 30... we will kick it out of the endzone every time. We will give yall all the Corey Russell ya'll can stand. We will have a few trick plays too, lol. We are in it to win it. I think it will be a high scoring game, and I gaurantee you will not be playing the team that got beat by Science Hill. 

13 minutes ago, BigBama42 said:

I agree it would be better to win in playoffs. Its hard to beat a good team twice in a season. That being said, i dont think we will lose by 30... we will kick it out of the endzone every time. We will give yall all the Corey Russell ya'll can stand. We will have a few trick plays too, lol. We are in it to win it. I think it will be a high scoring game, and I gaurantee you will not be playing the team that got beat by Science Hill. 

I agree it should be a great game with two great programs.I came over and watched Elizabethton in the playoffs two or three years ago.Whenever I think it was CAK with the kid that went to UT.He made one great one handed catch that was behind him.I'm not a hater of any local team when they have a chance to bring back the gold.