Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

It's great to have a team like we have .Great coaches ,great players,great everything  for the most.There is so much up here in Kingsport that I've missed about my home town that just isn't here.The way the local newspaper covers the Devils as compared to what we have up here is one thing.Gosh my kids missed out on so much with sports as well.The only sport that I consider to be done 100% fairly up here that either one of my youngest done was wrestling.Go in and beat someones little Johnny and the position is yours.No who is who or questions about it.Those guys my youngest had for coaches were awesome as well.I'd love to have had coach Ballard up here or better yet had my kids down there for football.I'll have to be happy as a fan but man that would have been a great ride as a Devil parent to go with it.

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

Coach Ballard is going for win #100 in this matchup! 

Will be a sweet sweet victory against the cyclones for #100! 

Since 2009 he is 99-16 I believe 

Very impressive job and a super staff he has around him.Before coach Ballard took  over,I think Greeneville had about 5 seasons in it's history that they won 10 or more games and had never been to a championship game.He has took the Devils to 3 championship games and only had one season that the team didn't win atleast 10 games.Were not talking about taking over at Maryville or Alcoa.Yes it got started with coach McCurry but coach Ballard has taken the Devils to heights I never thought possible and like every single Devil fan I've talked to ,we wouldn't trade him for any coach and hope he stays for a very long time.Great job and a great man .

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Very impressive job and a super staff he has around him.Before coach Ballard took  over,I think Greeneville had about 5 seasons in it's history that they won 10 or more games and had never been to a championship game.He has took the Devils to 3 championship games and only had one season that the team didn't win atleast 10 games.Were not talking about taking over at Maryville or Alcoa.Yes it got started with coach McCurry but coach Ballard has taken the Devils to heights I never thought possible and like every single Devil fan I've talked to ,we wouldn't trade him for any coach and hope he stays for a very long time.Great job and a great man .

You are Correct Batman.  Sorrells had 2 Zeller had 1, and Mccurry had 2 in both years he coached at GHS.  There has been only 1 season since 2007 that the Devils haven't won atleast 10 games.  Ballard was also the offensive coordinator for Zeller and McCurry.  The Culture changed when Ballard came back in 07 under McCurry (Told my 07 class he would our Junior years).  The Weight room got a makeover and Weight Lifting Period was put in. (No more missing Weights or film study) . Summer work outs went from you had to make so many a year to play to mandatory workouts.  Devil Camp was started and is still held to this day. I Still remember Coach McCurry grabbing one of our linebackers helmets because he was trying to fix his chin strap while going through "The Gauntlet Drill" and throwing it into the Cemetery . Then yells  "We ain't going to be soft anymore. Be the Hammer not the Nail".  The foundation was set and Greene Devil pride was what we played for.  Crazy we went from 4-6 to 10-3 and making it to the Quarter Finals.  Ballard is special coach and the most of the coaches around him have been there since that 07 season (Ballard, Spradlen, Bentley, and Hammonds)

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You are Correct Batman.  Sorrells had 2 Zeller had 1, and Mccurry had 2 in both years he coached at GHS.  There has been only 1 season since 2007 that the Devils haven't won atleast 10 games.  Ballard was also the offensive coordinator for Zeller and McCurry.  The Culture changed when Ballard came back in 07 under McCurry (Told my 07 class he would our Junior years).  The Weight room got a makeover and Weight Lifting Period was put in. (No more missing Weights or film study) . Summer work outs went from you had to make so many a year to play to mandatory workouts.  Devil Camp was started and is still held to this day. I Still remember Coach McCurry grabbing one of our linebackers helmets because he was trying to fix his chin strap while going through "The Gauntlet Drill" and throwing it into the Cemetery . Then yells  "We ain't going to be soft anymore. Be the Hammer not the Nail".  The foundation was set and Greene Devil pride was what we played for.  Crazy we went from 4-6 to 10-3 and making it to the Quarter Finals.  Ballard is special coach and the most of the coaches around him have been there since that 07 season (Ballard, Spradlen, Bentley, and Hammonds)

And the rest has been history since then. 

25 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Good question,I'd put my money on Quarles since Maryville won more games in a 10 year span then any team in the country At one point.I could be wrong

26 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Good question,I'd put my money on Quarles since Maryville won more games in a 10 year span then any team in the country At one point.I could be wrong

Eliz has a good team,  Witten does a great job as well,  may not be close until they meet in playoffs.  If devils want to see how good they are run to the coleman kid he is a beast.  Best in upper east tn.  And has been for several years.  May be closer game than devils want