Greene Devils visit Betsy

ETN423

21 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

It’s Gameday! 

Time to blowout the Cyclones! 

Love hearing the excuses about the loss to Science Hill. 

Greeneville Wins 49-14!!!

BOOK IT!!!

Fritts is a big besty fan.  I'll be at jc game but listening to besty vs devils.  Should be a great one.  But I'm for eliz. To pull big upset

My gameday thoughts:

- Greeneville utilizes quick/horizontal passing game to open up rest of playbook.  Coleman is a disruptor on the Cyclone defensive line, and Greeneville will want to minimize his ability to cause problems.  Thus, quick throws and getting him running sideways will do that.  Read option will of course be part of the gameplan, but i dont think Greeneville wants to run right at him.

- Cyclones use short passing game to possess the ball and keep possession as long as possible. Cyclones don't want to get in a shootout, and as good as their running back is, i dont think they can line up and mash Greeneville up front.  Cyclones will need to dink and dunk their way down the field.

- If Greeneville's defense has had a weakness over the last 5 years, it has been giving up big passing plays down the middle of the field on play action.  Safeties will be tested a few times on play action, so we will see if they have improved.

- Cyclones will need some big plays to have a chance.  If they don't hit a few plays of 50+ yards, i dont think they will be able to score with Greeneville.  Cyclones also need a special teams or defensive TD to have a chance.  Look for Cyclones to take some deep shots to try and win some jump balls.

- Ballard Jr. will show everyone that he is a legitimate next level QB.  I know, I know- he is too small to play QB in college.  Drew Brees and Russell Wilson were too.  College coaches are committing coaching malpractice if they are not recruiting this guy.  Mark my words- he will be a good one at the next level.  Tonight, the passing game will be on display.

- Elizabethton keeps it close in first half, but Greeneville pulls away in second half.

Devils win 45-20   

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with the score from Devilman.  Betsy will play hard and with heart. I don’t think EHS has enough in the tank to keep it close the entire game. Devils have much more in the cupboard and will pass the football down the field. With the athletic QB they have which can score by either land or air, it’s pick your poison. Betsy plays well and plays hard but in my opinion they come up short.  I’ll be there cheering Betsy on. Safe travels to all the players, cheerleaders, coaches and fans.  Praying for an injury free game for both teams.  

• Upvote 1

Coach Ballard brings a 99-15 record since 2009 into this game. Greeneville hasn’t lost a region game I believe since 2007 but I may be wrong. 

They have won the region every year since 2008. 

This game maybe close earlier but I feel the devils will pull out a big win. I’m thinking 49-14 but something’s telling me 56-14 but hopefully  both teams stay injury free with a Greene Devil domination. 

24 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Coach Ballard brings a 99-15 record since 2009 into this game. Greeneville hasn’t lost a region game I believe since 2007 but I may be wrong. 

They have won the region every year since 2008. 

This game maybe close earlier but I feel the devils will pull out a big win. I’m thinking 49-14 but something’s telling me 56-14 but hopefully  both teams stay injury free with a Greene Devil domination. 

They have one the Region since 2007 DevilMan.  Don't be leaving out my senior class lol.  Good Luck to the Devils Tonight!  Hate I have to miss if for a wedding!